Chapter 30: The Real Scandal Begins

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

This would be my last update for today. I have to review for my quarterly exams this Monday. Ugh. I seriously dislike studying. x[

Anyway, this is for you, you, you, who commented, subscribed, and read. Thank you very much for spending time on my story.

So, now, you might be wondering about my title.

"The Real Scandal Begins"

Well, it's not needed to be explained anymore. In this chapter, the scandal shall be revealed to everybody! x]

So, yeah, here we go. Starting this chapter, I'll be replying once again to the comments.

Here is the chapter with the soundtrack of SHINee's "Obsession":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmXQY8sWRik

= = =

Created: January 13, 2011

Kim JongHyun and Shin SeKyung Relationship: On the Rocks After 4 Months?

Rumours had now began circulating that the relationship between SHINee's lead singer, Kim JongHyun, and famous actress Shin SeKyung, had reached its limit after a 4 month span of issues, controversies, and angry mobs of fans. Some of these rumours had stated that the relationship is now on the rocks due to the huge pressure on the part of Shin SeKyung, who, for the past four months, have been under verbal attacks by fans who were against the relationship. But now, it looks like the damage is not just in the mental and emotional state of the actress, it seems like the celebrity had been in danger physically too as one car accident that had recently happened to the actress was the cause of a Blinger's intentional reckless driving. Not only that, but news surfaced about an attempt to take the life of the actress by a Blinger as well.

But other rumours say so otherwise. Other specualtions are blaming the SHINee member as the cause of the breakdown. Many theories suggest that JongHyun did not want to further hurt SeKyung and his fans, so he's been planning to break up with his ideal girl.

As strange as might sound though, there are other rumours saying that the SHINee's Bling-Bling has another girl on his side, thus forcing him to abandon the relationship. These rumours have no evidence as of now, but we should not neglect the possibility.

What do you readers think? Can these rumours be true? And if they are, who could be the more probable cause of the relationship's rocky state?

Stay tuned to K-Pop News Today for updates on this particular issue.


= = =
January 14, 2011

"Selene-ah, LeeMyeong Sunbae is asking for you upstairs." I was rehearsing when I heard the voice of JaeLi Sunbae calling out to me. With a confused face I stopped the music that was playing in the practice room and went outside, thanking her for telling me.

My steps towards the elevator were hesitant and calculated, my mind still confused about why LeeMyeong Abeonim would ask for me 'upstairs' which is the conference room of the president/CEO, SooMan Sajang-nim himself, and the other officers, including him. Have I done something wrong? Or have I done something right?

My mind was whirling with the many possibilities and suspicions threatening to either come true or not. I was having a battle internally.

But why?

I finally got to the elevator, but deciding to use the stairs, I went to the next floor.

Every step began to get heavier and heavier. What was going to happen now?

When I came face to face with the door of the conference room, my eyes widened as I heard the sound of paper slamming down on a hard surface. It sounded like newspapers hitting on wood for some reason.

The sound made me cower in fear. Why?

How can something like that sound so loud if it simply fell down?

It would mean that... force was applied in the paper's fall. Someone hit the table with newspaper.

Not long after, I heard a male voice from inside.

"JongHyun-sshi, what is wrong with you?! How can you reveal the news like that to outside sources?! Now, rumours are going around about you breaking up with her!"

I heard JongHyun Oppa's voice not long after.

"Then let the rumours spread! Confirm it! I don't care! I know that all of you know what the score is between Kyung-ah and me! So, why not tell the truth?!"

Another voice resounded, and I gasped at the message of this voice.

"But why hint that there is another girl involved in this?! Do you plan on confessing that you're in love with another girl again?! Do you really want to ruin your reputation?!"

A hand flew to my mouth as JongHyun Sunbae answered, and I tried to muffle my screams at what he said.

"Do I even have a reputation after the issue with Kyung-ah?! Didn't I throw it out the window when all of you confirmed what was between the two of us then?! And about the girl... Why wouldn't I say that I love another now?! It's the truth! Besides, if it's ShiRin-ah, I would gladly ruin everything! If it is her I'll be linked with, I'd gladly agree!"

At that moment, I can't help but turn around and let my legs pick up pace as I ran away from the conference room, from the corridor, from the building, from everything. Only one question remained in my mind as tears rolled down my cheeks.

What the hell were you thinking, Kim JongHyun?!

= = =
January 13, 2011
9:45 P.M.


"JongHyun Sunbae, thanks for bringing me out again today. I really need rest, I guess." I thanked him as we fell down on my couch at home. He had been taking me out again, after LeeMyeong Abeonim cancelled my rehearsals for the 12th and the 13th.

"It's no big deal, ShiRin-ah. I told you already, I'll be making time for you if you need me. I'll always be around." He told me, and his hand reached out for mine.

"But, come on. You could've just stayed at home and rested your ankle or something. We've been walking around too much already for these past few days." I said, but even before I was through, he was already shaking his head.

"I don't mind it one bit. As long as I can still take and savor moments before you truly become like me in the industry, I will find time to take and savor. That's how true I am to what I say. If it means I should be selfish for you to stay with me, I'll be the most selfish man in the whole world." He said, closing his eyes.

He laced his fingers with mine, and I just sighed before subtly trying to pry my hands off of him. I don't want things to be like this. He's my SUNBAE for crying out loud.

But as my efforts became evident, he tightened his hold on my hand. I looked at him in confusion and I halted my efforts.

"Don't deny me of this, ShiRin-ah. You're going to debut soon, and by then every move we both make will be laced with malice. I would have to act like I'm just your sunbae, though I know that you know very well about my wish to be more than that. We won't be able to walk around without disguises, and I wouldn't be able to show you how much you mean to me. Don't deny me of chances in this short time remaining between you and secrecy, ShiRin-ah. Don't." He said with a pleading tone, once more lacing his fingers with me, but I closed my eyes before using all my strength to pull back.

"You know, Oppa, I appreciate all of this. But, don't you think it's time for us to just start adjusting to the coming reality?" I told him, but the moment those words escaped my lips, it was like he snapped.

"But this reality was certainly NOT the reality I wanted, ShiRin-ah. Thi ISN'T the reality I would EVER want to have. The reality that I wanted was the reality of you being beside me, despite all issues. The reality I wanted was for me to be able to hold you without any restraints. That is the reality I long for ShiRin-ah. It's the reality I yearn for." He said, before reaching for my hand again.

But I pulled my hand back and stood up from the couch.

"I think it's best if you leave now, JongHyun Sunbae. I think I wouldn't be able to call you Oppa any longer. If I do, you might build up this image in your head that I'm growing closer to you. No, I'm not. And it's time for us to face the reality that we can never be more than friends, not just because of our circumstances, but because I'm still closed off to love. May you want the reality or not, I'm not going to settle for anything less than a fantastic debut and a smooth carreer. Love is not an option."

I said those statements, trying my best to put acid in my voice, making my resolve realistic in strength, though I know I will fall on my knees soon if JongHyun Oppa decides to do something.

I heard shuffling, and moments later, I felt myself being dragged to where my bed was. In almost an instant, I was on it, and JongHyun Oppa was towering above me, pinning my hands above my head. Just like the time he almost killed me, fire of anger was burning in his eyes.

But this time, another emotion mixed along with the anger.

Passion.

No.

Not passion.

Desire.

Desire to make me see the truth.

A longing for me to see what he means.

"Why?!"

This was the only question he asked me, but I felt that in that one word, a thousand questions were formed in his head.

Why are you refusing me?

Why can't you see what I'm showing you?

Why can't you let go of him?

Why are you closing yourself off to love?

Why do you keep on saying that we should just be friends?


and most of all, I saw one important question through his glassy orbs.

Why can't you let me love you?

I was fearing for my life. I was trying to hold on to the last of my resolve. And I admit, it's thinning rather quickly.

"Why can't you give yourself to me and look inside my heart for once?! Do I have to say it a million times for you to believe me?!" He asked me again, and I saw tears forming in his eyes.

"I love you so much, ShiRin-ah! I'm willing to do everything and be everything for you! I'm willing to court you normally like other couples do! I'm willing to start a scandal if that would mean I'm linked to you! I'm willing to tell the whole K-pop industry about my feelings for you! I'm fine with being restrained in front of the camera, even, if you would want it that way! I am willing to just act like I'm friends with you, just as long as you look inside me and acknowledge that I love you that much. I'm willing to settle for that. Why can't you at least just accept that I love you?!"

He shouted the last question at me, and pressed his lips to mine. As I felt his soft lips trying to break my resolve, I began to struggle, but he seemed to have a strength that I could never break out of. At last, I gave up my struggles, and he released me.

But the moment he did, I pushed him to his feet and slapped him. Hard.

"There can NEVER be anything between us, JongHyun SUNBAE. I am not willing to settle for anything else. You might be fine with it... but I'm not. You might be willing, but I'm not as willing as you are. You might want this.... BUT I DON'T!" I exclaimed and once more pushed him away with all my strength, tears now escaping my eyes. I continued to exert effort to break myself from him, but all he did was hold me in his arms and cry.

"Almost all my life, I did everything that the people around me wanted me to do. I followed what my fans want me to do, and I let myself be shaped into what they want me to be. But when will the time come that I would be able to have my own life, my own family, my own love? Can't I have it, even if it's in secret?" He asked me, and I began pounding onto his chest for him to release me.

"Yes. Continue hitting me. Just hit me. Hit me with all your strength. Just hit me instead of denying yourself from me. I'm willing to be a masochist if it means that you'd let me be part of you." He said, and with a bitter laugh he continued.

"I never thought that I'd actually want to wreck my carreer until you invaded my heart, ShiRin-ah. I never thought... that I'd actually want to die if you keep denying me like this..." He said, and he lifted my chin to face him. With the sentence, I immediately stopped my efforts.

"Sunbae..." I said, seeing that tears were falling down his face.

"Can't I at least ask for just one more scandal? Can't I at least wreck my reputation one more time? Can't I at least tell them I love you just once?" He asked me and once more, gently pressed his lips to mine.

My eyes widened at his daring move and tried to push him away, but I hesitated once I felt his tears on my own cheek. Once I felt him surrendering, I don't know what possesed me, but I gave up was well. I opened my mouth under his and wrapped my arms around him.

It wasn't because I love him. No. I might be unsure. But my mind says that I don't.

Maybe it was because I felt his frustrations, and I decided not to deny myself to him just this once.

His hand travelled along my shoulders and wrapped itself around my waist, while his other hand was holding my face. Just then, he pulled back.

"Now, I'd have a moment that I could live by. Just this... could make me believe that I could be a part of you. It's enough to make me dream, and dream more. Just this..." He cut off before pressing his lips gently to mine one more time.

"...can make me happy for the rest of my life. No matter what scandal I can make, no matter what issue I create, at least I know that I shared that with you, and I'd be alright." He said, before pressing his forehead to mine.

"Just pretend with me, and I could be the happiest man in the world. Damn everything else but you. Even if won't have any reputation anymore, I'll be fine with it. Just... don't push me away anymore." He said, and his hand took hold of mine and placed it on his chest. His heartbeat picked up speed at the contact, and I gasped.

"Just act with me, and I'm fine with it. Just pretend with me, and I'm willing to settle for it. That's how serious I am about my feelings for you." He said, before pulling me even closer to him.

"Can I have one last kiss from my beloved before I completely destroy myself?" He asked me before pressing his lips to mine.

And as quickly as the kiss lasted, he went out of my apartment, and left.

= = =

January 15, 2010

I haven't been home since yesterday, and I was fine about it. I turned my phone off, went a bit too far from home, and never talked to anyone. Staying in the house of my mother's best friend since last night, I have been trying very hard to find the peace in myself that has been lost the moment he told me he loves me. But, no. It's like he had been serious about what he said that morning.

I can never EVER get away from him.

"Auntie Hwang, can I use the computer for a bit? I'll just be updating myself wih the entertainment news." I told her, and with a nod, she agreed. I visited K!NewsToday.tv for the latest news, and I couldn't believe my eyes. I quickly bade Auntie Hwang goodbye as I made my way back to the SME building, not bothering to close the computer.

JongHyun Oppa! Just what in the world were you thinking?!

SHINee's JongHyun and Shin SeKyung's Break-up Confirmed