Chapter 10

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

I cannot wait any longer for the subscribers and comments. x]

I got SOOOOO inspired by JongHyun and S.M. The Ballad, so I decided to post something. x]

As for the comment made by Jaejee, it will be answered exactly two chapters from now. =]

So... wait for it! x]

Anyway, the companion change for Selene shall be seen first in this chapter. =]

Listen to Ne-yo's "So Sick" for this chapter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZlXItNM9Wc

= = =

November 24, 2010
6:15 P.M.


-=- And I'm so sick of love songs, so tired of tears... -=-

step. brush. skip-and-step. twist-twist-swipe. bend-and-turn.

I chanted the moves that Choreographer Sunbae left for me to study. She left very urgently today, since news about her mom being rushed to the hospital reached her. I saw the worry in her eyes, so I told her to go, though she was hesitant. Anyway, she left me a video of her that she made. This was her dancing 'So Sick', which she wanted me to study because according to plans, in the first variety show I'll go to, I'll do this in my talent portion.

I've already watched the video for 4 times, but I couldn't get it perfectly. There's this part in the chorus which doesn't really make sense. Why, you ask?

Well, believe it or not, my brain glitch doesn't work sometimes. That usually is when I've been exhausted for days continuously. Taking into consideration that I just arrived here in Korea with Key-ah just two days ago and went to rehearsal 45 minutes after, going home at 11 in the evening, then reviewing 3 languages until 2 A.M. the next day. After that, I had rehearsals again until 7 in the evening. Then I reviewed the same 3 languages until 4 A.M today.

By the way, I review languages because, since I'll be debuting in three different countries, I have to review my Japanese, my English, and my Filipino. I'll debut in Japan and most probably U.S. soon. The Filipino is for personal purposes. I plan to go to the Philippines too as soon as my debut and the promotions for the debut is done, since some of my dad's friends live there, and he told me to visit them sometimes. That was one of his final wishes, for me to visit his friends for him.

But, back to the topic. Who wouldn't be tired with that kind of schedule? If anything, most people would be fainting already in exhaustion.

But not me.

Oh well, I guess I AM bionic somehow.

-=- So why can't I turn off the radio? -=-

slide. stop. brush-and-snap. skip. skip. turn-and---.

"Hey, Selene-ah!"

I turned my head to the door to find the smiling face of a friend whom I haven't seen in a while ever since I left for Japan. The face that smiled at me at the airport, and the hand the waved just for me at SuKiRa.

"Hey yourself. I see you're already calling me by my stage name, JongHyun Sunbae." I said as I saw the SHINee member at the door of my practice room. He went inside the room and closed the door behind him, his face turning confused at the sound of 'Sunbae'.

"Ei! Didn't we agree that you'd call me 'Oppa'?" He asked me as he got to where I was. I just shrugged my shoulders as a reply.

"But you see, I'll be debuting soon. All the SME and S.E. staff are calling me 'Selene'. So, as repayment of that, I should learn respect. I'll call them 'Sunbae'." I told him.

"But isn't calling an older guy 'Oppa' a sign of respect, too?" He asked me, and I sighed.

"But that makes us seem that we're close. I don't people to think that I was able to debut quickly because I'm friends with you guys. Maybe I'll call you Oppa later on. But not when I just debuted. I don't want any wrong notions." I told him, before nudging him on the side.

"I don't want people to think that we're more than friends... especially now that things are going well with you and SeKyung-sshi. Ayeeeheee." I said, teasing him to his girlfriend. He just smiled before shaking his head.

"Well, I got home from meeting up with Kyung-ah and I didn't find my yeobo there in the dorm. Onew Hyung told me that he ran away to Japan to babysit someone named Selene for two days. Seriously, Selene-ah. Did something happen between you and Key-ah? He went home to the dorm feeling kind of... happy." He told me, and I laughed.

"Heck no! Nothing! But I saw a MASSIVE character change in the diva. He even asked me if I would let him sleep on my couch. What happened to the 'I-would-rather-stay-in-a-hotel-than-sleep-on-a-couch' attitude of his?" I said, and JongHyun Sunbae doubled over laughing. Now it was MY turn to be confused.

"Huh? Wae-yo?" I asked him, and he tried to smother up his laughs before answering me.

"Well, Key-ah murmured something in our room about the first time sleeping on the couch for a girl when he arrived at the dorm. Then, he smiled like an idiot. I think Key-ah seems to like you." JongHyun Sunbae said, and I chuckled.

"Nah. Rubbish. For all I know, when Key Sunbae is with Nicole-sshi, or Amber-sshi, he does that." I said flatly, obviously not believing. And better call him 'Sunbae' too.

"Well, that might be the case too..." He said, and after a few seconds, we both laughed.

"I told you, what he does about anything concerning me isn't exceptional. Come on, I think he's interested with Nicole-sshi." I told him, and he suddenly began thinking deep.

"Come to think of it, when he arrived to the dorm, she was the first person he texted." He said, and I just laughed.

"See?" I said, and smiled. NO WAY would someone as famous as Key-ah, I mean Key Sunbae, like me.

Of course, what the HECK would a SHINee member see in me?

"So, you're rehearsing?" He asked as he went to the mirrors of the rehearsal room and grabbed a chair to sit on. He sat on the chair backwards, using the backrest of the chair to place his chin on. I just nodded and proceeded to dance when I heard the coda come along.

-=- Leave me alone... Stupid love songs... -=-

I looked at myself through the mirrors of the rehearsal room and watched how my movements looked like, feeling satisfied that it's beginning to get more refined, and defined. It's like I'm reaching the style that I wanted to attain.

But suddenly, a picture of Key-ah, I mean Key Sunbae, flashed in my mind. An image of him, doing the exact same thing that JongHyun Sunbae said that he did.

And I smiled. Foolish me, why the hell did his face appear all of a sudden?

Nope. I don't like him.

Just then, I saw movement from the sides as JongHyun Sunbae stood up and went beside me. I saw him try to copy the moves I'm doing. I just laughed as I saw him fail to move the same way I do. Gosh, if that was me, given that I still am not exhausted, I would've copied myself perfectly.

Out of the blue, I looked at the mirror and my gaze landed onto JongHyun Sunbae's eyes. The dark orbs that suddenly captured my attention.

Oh dear, when did his eyes become magnets? I think there's an attraction growing here...

-=- Why can't I turn off the radio? -=-

= = =
8:37 P.M

"JongHyun Sunbae, thanks for finding time to stay here with me. 'S.M The Ballad' album is gonna be released tomorrow, and that means you must be very very busy..." I told JongHyun Sunbae when I finished my practice. We were both on the floor, me drinking my thirst quencher, and him wiping the sweat that formed along his arms.

"Selene-ah, I should be the one giving thanks to you for talking to me, and for giving me advice about me and Kyung-ah." He told me, and I sent him a silent smile.

"Sure. It really feels nice to help after all." I said, as my look fell on his neck.

His jawline. His eyes that closed as he wiped the sweat from his nape.

Truthfully...

I never had any regret that he became one of the SHINee members that I should watch out for. Even if he has a girl already, he could charm any lady.

Me included.

WHOAH! Back it up JUST RIGHT THERE.

Selene, don't have those thoughts EVER AGAIN, arasso?!

He is NOT your bias, he is NOT your best friend, and he is NOT your dream guy. Don't even DARE check him out again.

"Well, that's one hardcore rehearsal. I guess I'll bring you back to your apartment. It's the least I could do after invading your practice." He said before standing up. I threw a glance at my things, which were beside me on the floor. I placed the bottle of thirst quencher in my bag, along with my towel, and zipped the bag up.

"No, it's fine. You might already have plans with SeKyung-sshi, and I wouldn't want to interrupt you two." I told him, still on the floor, slinging the bag on my shoulder.

"I won't take 'no' for an answer tonight. I insist. Come on." He said before holding out both of his hands for me to reach. When I didn't make any move to take them, he took my hands instead and pulled me up.

But along the way, his arms wrapped around my waist, and I was once more introduced to his mesmerizing eyes. Not one of us said a word, nor made a move to leave.

I never knew how long we stayed like that. Was it just seconds, minutes, or have we been like that for an hour?

But in the end, I pushed myself away from him and took a deep breath before looking at him and smiling.

"It's fine. I can hold up for my own. Thanks for the concern though. I really appreciate it." I said before quickly turning my back on him and walking away. Past the door, down the hallway, and out of the building. I thought that the evening would finally pass without anymore puzzling events.

But as I got inside a cab to go to my apartment, my phone rang.

A message from Key-ah. I mean...Key Sunbae.

From: Key Sunbae.

Selene-ah! Remember what I told you in Japan about the college entrance exam that I took before I went here? Well, I passed! Let's go out tomorrow! Just you and me. <3


Wait, out of all people Key Sunbae asked to celebrate with him, why me?

Why ONLY me?