Chapter 46: Cruelty and Pain

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

TAKE NOTE: PREVIOUS CHAPTER IS ALREADY UPDATED!

This will be the second update for the day. I think the previous chappie already gave you an idea on where I'm taking this story to.

A scandal will not be a scandal if fans do not react, right?

Usually, the fans will just bash on the artist being linked to a celebrity, and that's bad.

But today, you will be able to see PAIN AND CRUELTY AT ITS WORST.

The worst any anti fan can do to an idol...

Enjoy.

= = =

March 29, 2011
Streets of Seoul
2:35 P.M.


Freedom!

This was the thought echoing in my mind as I began to stroll down the streets of Seoul under a disguise. The word kept repeating in my head as I swayed my hands from side to side, my steps beginning to form a steady rhythm. It's been so long since I went out alone, without anything bothering me about my life as a celebrity.

Well, of course, it's already been a week since I started promoting 'I Was Ready' and actually, I'll be performing later on Music Bank... but still, this free time given by SME was something uncalled for, but great.

I kept walking around the place, my mind full of positivity. JongHyun Oppa said that about a month from now, he and I wil be filming a CF for a shoe brand. The CF would be  an addition to his reunion with SHINee, and he specifically requested that I be the one he's filming it with. The whole CF thing was for a brand of sneakers, though I just didn't ask Oppa what brand it specifically was. But yeah, I'm excited, and the fact that I'll be doing it with him makes me feel all giddy inside.

I never thought that admitting it to yourself that you love someone could be this... nice.

I continued to walk down the street, loving the air of the outside as I tried to throw all my stress away. I'm still not admitting my feelings to JongHyun Oppa, but it's still cool. It's still nice.

But it looks like the walk was a bad decision, especially going out alone.

"Ow!"

An exclamation left my lips as I rubbed my head. Something was thrown at me. It hit me hard, but not hard enough to make me unconscious. I looked at my feet, and saw that it was an empty soda can. THAT would explain why the shock made me exclaim, this thing's made of metal!

I tried to look around so I could know where the object came from, but I couldn't find out where exactly this can could originate. Then, I decided to observe the can some more. I twisted the can a bit so I could look on the other side.

And I couldn't help but scream as I saw words scribbled in red.

Selene-sshi, stay away from JongHyun. Else... you'd be sorry.

= = = Chapter Soundtrack - : After School = = =

March 29, 2011
SM Entertainment Building
10:53 P.M.


"What the heck is going on here?!" JongHyun Oppa exclaimed as he barged into the conference room in SME, his face radiating confusion and anger. SooMan Sajang-nim was typing words in his laptop furiously as JongHyun Oppa went in, trying to get to the root of the matter.

"JongHyun-ah, I called you here because you requested that you be advised about anything concerning Selene-ah, and for starters, she had an experience with an anti today." LeeMyeong Appa said, sighing as his fingers ran through his hair. Whenever I'm inside the SME building, LeeMyeong Appa adresses me as Selene-ah, by the way.

At the sound of my name, Oppa's head turned to his right and finally saw me. He immediately went to my side and wrapped an arm around me. Involuntarily, I laid my head on his shoulder. Tears were flowing down my cheeks.

I tried my best to act calm earlier on Music Bank, and fortunately, I performed flawlessly, and my fans continued to support me on my performance. But, even if I had fans screaming my name, the incident just won't leave my head.

I had tried my very best to build a temporary resolve so that people won't know what I went through earlier today, but I couldn't sustain it when it's just me, when I'm all alone. I broke down, frankly, knowing that this won't be the last of the antis.

"ShiRin-ah, about what time in the day did this happen? Do you have any idea?" SooMan Sajang-nim asked me, and I lifted my head from JongHyun Oppa's shoulder.

"I think this happened around early afternoon, since the sun was still high up. I was just walking along the street, which contained not more than about 5 people walking on either side of the road. Then someone from somewhere threw an empty soda can with those words to me." I said, trying my best to control my shaking frame.

I don't know why the heck I'm reacting like this anyway. Why am I shaking, in need of comfort, when I know fully well about the things I'd have to face the moment I would have an anti? I am all ready for this! So why am I acting like I'm going to die?

Perhaps it's because fear immediately invaded my system. I don't want to experience anything similar to Shin SeKyung-sshi.

"ShiRin-ah, it's going to be alright. I'll always be here with you." JongHyun Oppa whispered to my ear before kissing the side of my face lightly.

"For now, let's just observe the circumstances. But I'd have to ask the both of you to refrain from seeing each other as much as possible, while I'm finding the cause of all this. Don't worry, the both of you, I'll be doing this hands-on." SooMan Sajang-nim said, and with his words, I breathed a sigh of relief. At least, SooMan Sajang-nim already committed to this.

I immediately looked at JongHyun Oppa, seeing that he doesn't agree with the plan of me not seeing him. He just looked at me before leaning close to my ear again.

"ShiRin-ah, I'll be visiting your apartment every 3 or 4 days. I don't think I could rest at ease without checking up on you." He whispered, and once more, I felt his lips press to the side of my face.

Despite JongHyun Oppa's ways to calm me down, I couldn't find myself to do so. It's because I know that this...this...encounter is just the beginning of a harsher blow.

I can feel it.

= = =
April 4, 2011
KBS Studio - Backstage
Music Bank


"HeeSung-ah?" I called out the name of my manager as I went inside my dressing room, the performance of 'I Was Ready' finished. I looked around the room to see if she's there, but I couldn't find her. So, I just went inside and settled in, noticing a note left on top of the vanity table. I flipped it open and learned that it was a note from HeeSung-ah.

Selene-ah, I'm sorry that I would have to leave first.
SooMan Sajang-nim wanted me to return to SME, and I went ahead.
So, before I left, I made you some fruit juice and placed it in a bottle there.
I knew you'd want something to drink after your stage.
Take care of yourself, Selene-ah.

- HeeSung


I smiled as I looked at the bottle of grape juice that was beside the note. How sweet HeeSung-ah is to leave me behind something to drink. I shook the bottle a little, excited to taste the liquid inside, because it looks so nice.

I breathed a sigh of admiration for HeeSung-ah who never failed to take care of me. It had already been two weeks since I made my comeback for the Dark Selene album, yet she was still energetic about looking out for my well being, safety, and comfort, as well as happiness. And to think that she'd leave me a bottle of grape juice, my favorite! Gosh, isn't HeeSung-ah so sweet?

I quickly twisted the cap, opening it easily. But a feeling inside me suddenly nipped me hard. I don't know why but a part of me suddenly told me not to drink the liquid, but I disregarded it.

It's from HeeSung-ah anyways.

I immediately drank the liquid inside, smiling as I brought the bottle of juice down on the table again.

But the smile didn't last long.

After a few seconds, I felt a burning pain inside my throat and my stomach. It was like... there was a fire lit inside my body. It felt like my insides were clumping together, and I tried to and managed to scream.

"Help!"

Shouting made the pain worse. The fiery feeling inside me increased in intensity, and a shriek of pain escaped me.

Even in my helpless situation, my mind was on full alert, and I pieced everything together.

HeeSung-ah doesn't write notes to me. She told me that she'd rather text my phone because it's much easier, and if not by texting, she'd leave me a voicemail. Also, if she were to write notes to me, she would always address me as Rin-ah, and she'd add three dashes before her name everytime she'd end it.

In those excruciatingly painful moments, I understood.

The note wasn't from HeeSung-ah.

"Help!" I once more shouted, desperate for help. I knew that whatever is happening to me, it's not good. I clutched on to my stomach, feeling that the burning once more increased in intensity, and felt myself falling to the floor of the dressing room. Another shriek of pain escape from me, and the burning rose to an even higher level. Tears were now trailing my cheeks, and it felt like the strength in me was disappearing.

How foolish you had been, Song ShiRin. Now, you got yourself into heaps of trouble.

From a distance I heard two familiar voices call my name frantically, and ironically, a small smile spread on my lips.

JongHyun Oppa... HeeSung-ah...

Help me.

Please.

I beg the both of you.

Help me.

Please stop the burning.

When I finally heard the door of the dressing room open, everything began to fade to black.

I beg of...