Chapter 44: The Author's Temporary Goodbye

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

Hey everyone. I'm having mixed emotions right now. I'm feeling happy because once again, I'm going to post a chapter for you guys. But at the same time, I'm close to tears.

What you see in the title is true. This would perhaps be the last update that I will make BEFORE I GO ON A BREAK FROM ALL WRITING [posting of written works].

I think I would be gone a month and a half AT THE LEAST.

It pains me to know that for me to be an honor student in my school, and to be focused on my priorities, I would have to temporarily give up my writing. I'm actually tearing up right now. Sorry.

I would understand if I will lose a lot of subscribers because of this hiatus, though I don't want to call it hiatus. I'd understand if I lose a lot of supporters. But I ask for everyone's understanding.

If I already set myself in the way that I should act, then maybe I could get back to writing again. And truthfully, I couldn't wait until I have hammered out discipline so that I could write for all of you again.

That is why, despite this sad matter, I'm going to post a happy chapter for everyone. And as a bonus, I will let all of you see a side that you oh-so-rarely see, the side of the man who now holds ShiRin's heart.

I'm posting a positive chapter because I know that I will return, and just like what the title said, it will just be a TEMPORARY goodbye. =]

Until you see the "New Story Updates" again with my story included in the page,

cOnFuXiA-NeTtEiX.

= = =

OST for this part [Your Name - SHINee]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7FavQOfWvQ

March 18, 2011
6:00 A.M.
ShiRin's Dorm/Apartment


Warmth.

It was what I felt in my sleep. It was what greeted me as I opened my eyes.

And...

It is what fills me everytime I look at ShiRin-ah.

I opened my eyes to look at the ceiling of ShiRin-ah's place, and I smiled.

She didn't wake me up, huh...?

I looked to my left shoulder, and I immediately smiled. My angel was there, sleeping peacefully. How beautiful she is to me. How wonderful it feels to actually embrace the fact that she's in my arms right now, without her making any struggles to break free from it.

How I love her.

I gently placed another kiss on the top of her head. If only I could be like this to her every single day of my life, then I'd be okay.

But mentally, I shook my head. What am I thinking? She had already told me a million times that she's not gonna be in a relationship with me. I shouldn't act all "boyfrien-ish" again, or she might hate me.

Not long after, my angel's eyes opened. At the sight of me, she immediately smiled.

"Morning." She said, before nuzzling on my neck. At the act, my heartbeats began to pick up pace, and I tried to keep my breathing even.

Calm down, boy. Calm down.

"Morning, ShiRin-ah." I said softly, kissing her nose gently. She just pulled back and chuckled.

At that, my heart did a loop.

I felt tempted to press my lips to hers, but I decided to go with my better judgment and just don't do anything. She nuzzled my neck for a few seconds before sitting up properly beside me. I sat up straight, too, and looked at her, my hand caressing her face. A smile graced her lips, and I felt like I was already in heaven.

"If only things had been different, ShiRin-ah." I murmured as I continued to stare into her beautiful dark brown eyes.

What surprised me was when she suddenly leaned in and pressed a kiss to my lips. My eyes widened at the act, and I looked at her with a confused expression after pulling back.

Why did she kiss me like that? Is she just playing around with me? Or... is she in love with me already? But... I'm pretty certain that it wouldn't be the second one.

"Sorry. I didn't know what the heck possessed me, JongHyun Oppa." She said, shyly if I may add, and I let out a chuckle.

Not two seconds had passed, I just felt myself leaning towards her and letting our lips gently meet for the second time.

"Maybe you should get possessed by whatever that is more frequently, ShiRin-ah." I whispered just before our lips touched.

I felt her smile as I tried to deepen the kiss, hesitating as she might suddenly break away and slap me silly like before, but she just followed my lead.

How I wanted this moment to never end.

But of course, that couldn't come true as my phone rang loudly, stopping our motions.

It had been a text from Kyung-ah, saying that she wanted to meet up with me in the coffee shop we used to go to later this afternoon, about 5 or 6 o'clock.

I just sighed as I placed my phone down on ShiRin-ah's coffee table, slightly irritated that the text HAD to come at 6 in the morning AND wrecked that magical moment between me and my love.

Argh, Kyung-ah. If I was pissed off at you when you sent me a text saying that we should meet up, then I seriously dislike you now.

= = =
OST for this part [Confession - Shim ChangMin]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSW20Xf92Qs

March 18, 2011
5:30 P.M.
Coffee Shop - Seoul


"Jjong-ah! You came!" Kyung-ah said excitedly as I got to a "booth" styled segment of the coffee shop, the exact same place where we drank coffee together after our schedules. She quickly stood up and ran to me, her arms opened wide.

I made no move to hug her back, and I wondered why this was so. Before, I would have smiled widely when she holds me in her arms. But ever since I let go of her and began to fully love the one girl whom I swore I'd make happy, I never felt anything for Kyung-ah anymore.

How I would have wanted this to happen, if only this had happened the time before I realized and admitted that I love ShiRin-ah.

But she had acted too late.

"Yeah, I guess I did." I said, not knowing what else to tell her. I sat beside her, leaving distance between the two of us, and huffed a breath when she made a move to sit closer to me. I just inched farther from her, but she continued to approach me. I just patiently placed distance between me and her with every move she made.

Finally, she snapped.

"Yah! Jjong-ah! Why are you acting like this?! You came here to see me, right?" She exclaimed before dragging me to sit beside her. I just held on firmly to her hand before moving it away from me, trying my best not to hurt her.

"Kyung-ah, I came here to see you, true. But I came here not to get back with you." I said softly, knowing that with my words would definitely hurt her. But I have no choice, I remembered what ShiRin-ah made me realize last night as she gave me the options regarding my meeting with Kyung-ah today.

Even if it somehow hurts her, I have to do this. I have to make her understand that I won't be getting back with her.

Because if I don't, I won't be able to attain a proper closure for the both of us.

"All I came for here today is a proper closure." I continued, and as I looked into her eyes, tears began to form.

"I know I've been really foolish to leave you just like that. But that time, I tried my best to strengthen myself, so that I could be able to face the wrath of Blingers again, knowing that you'd be there waiting for me. I had been in a state of shock, Jjong-ah. But I tried my best to see you without breaking down. I just couldn't do so at that time." She explained, begging in her voice, and I just looked at her helplessly.

"I'm going to be brutally honest with you, Kyung-ah. Those times that you left me hanging, I was clueless about what to do. It had been like I was slashed by a knife in my heart... a hundred times over. It KILLED me to be in that situation, Kyung-ah. Even my other members cried for me that time. You could have at least left me a message or anything. I don't think it would take that much control and restraint to break down to just send a message. At least, you could've told me you still love me despite that." I said, letting my feelings out for once.

"I had been trying my best to show you that and tell you that during Selene-sshi's video shoot, Jjong-ah. But you almost never paid attention to me. You just acted along with me, but after every scene, I would see you distance yourself from me. It KILLED me that time, Jjong-ah." She reasoned, and I sensed in her voice that she was accusing me.

I tried to not lose my temper to the best of my ability, and so far, I succeeded. I once more explained things to Kyung-ah, keeping my voice calm. It amazed me somehow, since I'm not usually this type of guy. But ever since ShiRin-ah, I had been teaching myself to keep my cool always.

"But, don't you think that if you were scarred for life during that incident, by the time we participated in ShiRin-ah's videoshoot, I was already scarred as well? After all, ever since you left me, I had suicidal thoughts even. But I got past that, and now, don't you think that it's about time we just both give up?" I asked, keeping my voice clean from hints of accusation.

Kyung-ah just kept quiet, and I waited for a while to see if she had an answer to my question. Silence took over us for a few moments, until she broke it.

"Is it because of another one, Jjong-ah?" She asked me suddenly, tears now rolling down her cheeks. I sighed, deeply thinking about whether I should tell her or not. I decided to do so, knowing that she's bound to know this... sooner or later.

"Well, perhaps. Perhaps it's another one. But I'm pretty sure that besides that reason, I wouldn't have gotten back together with you still. SME has already suffered much when we confirmed our relationship. That's why, I would've stopped from being involved with anyone, even if I never loved anyone yet after that time." I said, trying to say everything that was in my heart.

"Is there really... no chance for us?" She asked, and I felt really tempted to say yes. But as I thought back to the things ShiRin-ah taught me unconsciously ever since I met her, I couldn't find it in myself to be sure.

Before, I told myself that there's no chance I would like ShiRin-ah, back when I almost killed her. But afterwards, I began to learn that some people can change you, and perhaps change you for the betterment of yourself. And before I knew it... I fell for her.

"I'm not closing the door just yet, Kyung-ah. I still don't know, and I could never say for sure, because I still don't know what the future holds. For now, I could say that I wouldn't be involving myself with you. But that is as far as I'd go. I'm still open to whatever the future has in store for me." I said with a smile, surprisingly, as I looked in the distance.

My gaze travelled to the scenery past the transparent wall of the establishment, seeing the one I love most right now, smiling while just sitting under the branches of a tree. I swear, if she didn't agree to accompany me before and after this conversation with Kyung-ah, I wouldn't have had it in myself to say these things. ShiRin-ah did change me for the better.

"I still don't know what the future will throw at us, SeKyung-ah. But all I know right now is that I'm happy, because I found new strength in me, which is the strength to move on and live anew. Like what I said before, thank you for the fairytale. But this life is no fairytale, we're no royalty, and we certainly are not the ones writing our future for us to know what is destined for us." I said, now standing up and moving away from my past. She made an effort to hold my wrist, but with a gentle pull, I freed myself.

"I'm formally closing my end now. I still have rehearsals after this. But...try to be happy, SeKyung-ah. And I hope we become friends. I'm open for that too." I said with a smile before making my way out of the booth, of the coffee shop, and of my painful past.

I'm much more prepared to face my present and my future right now than I would ever be. I don't think anyone's gonna stop me from reaching for my happiness, my dream, and the love I always wanted... especially when I see ShiRin-ah smiling at me there at the finish line.

"Rin-ah! Kaja! I have to get to SHINee rehearsals now! I'm already 15 minutes late!"