Chapter 23

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

This will be my last update for today, and I hope everyone would enjoy this. =]

Once again, whatever picture shall be linked here would reflect only the clothing, but not the hairstyles. =]

Anyway, here's the third update with the soundtrack of SHINee's Up & Down! <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FddQ85xGBqI
= = =

"ShiRin! We missed you!"

I heard the cheers of my former classmates in Tokyo Cultural University/High School as I entered the rehearsal room wherein they told me we'll rehearse for tomorrow's dance concert.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. This was the dance and theater department that I studied in. I studied in five departments: dance, theater, music 1, music 2, and hosting.

I smiled as I saw my friends that I studied with, whose faces didn't really change much.

There's Miaka-chan, a friend, the Japanese girl I had a pair dance with for our practical during 2nd year...

Tomomasa-kun, the Japanese guy who had a reputation of being a playboy, another friend of mine...

Alberto, the Spanish transfer student, a buddy that stayed with us for 3rd year...

Arianna-chan, the half Italian, half-Japanese lady that I treated as my sister, and the one that reminded me of today's practice...

YeongJi, the Korean ballet trainee I interviewed for a dance paperwork project during my last year here...

And of course, my "older brother" in Japan, and, HeeSung-ah's biological brother...

Park HaeYoung.

"Yo guys!" I exclaimed as they all hugged me. I remembered to use English, since it's mandatory to speak the language whenever inside the University. It's "international" in here..

"ShiRin-ah, news just came in today, saying that the dance concert will be moved two days after today." YeongJi began, adressing me in a Korean way, but speaking in English all throughout.

"Oh, I see. It came just now huh?" I asked softly, debating whether I leave or stay. After all, if I move now, I might see my Sunbaes' encore.

"But, is it okay with you if you still rehearse some moves today? We already recorded the dances so you could study it at home." Miaka-chan added, and I pursed my lips.

"Well, are there going to be pair dances? I'll be studying that first. I'll be staying for about..." I began, looking at my watch.

It's 3:45.

"...well, exactly 3 hours. I have a concert to catch." I said, and my friends looked at me with a confused expression.

"Huh? A concert? Who's performing in Japan today?" Alberto asked with a curious tone, and I awkwardly scratched my head before answering.

"Well, SHINee's having their concert today... so as support for them, I'll be attending their concert." I told them, but their faces became even more confused.

Then, I realized the reason why this was so.

Aigoo! I forgot to tell them about my upcoming debut in S.E. and S.M.E!

But even before I opened my mouth, a smiling HaeYoung Oppa took the words out of my mouth.

"Remember that I told you guys that ShiRin here became a trainee for S.M.E and S.E.? She's gonna debut in January. She's showing respect for her Senpais in music." He said, and loud exclamations of "Wow! Congratulations!" resounded in the room as my friends hugged me again.

"Now, before the three hours comes to a close, I'll be studying the steps now, if you don't mind?" I asked them, and with soft chuckles, they nodded. Tomomasa-kun took the lead as he showed me the first set of steps.

"Sure. Here's the beginning for the opening song..."

= = =
8:30 P.M.

"Your concert was wonderful!" I told the five boys of SHINee as we talked to each other inside their hotel room. I leaned on MinHo Sunbae's shoulder as we sat on one bed while the other members crowded on the other bed. Except for JongHyun Sunbae, he laid on my lap.

"Yeah. It really was so surreal." TaeMin-ah agreed.

"The fans were absolutely amazing." Onew Sunbae said, and with an arm around TaeMin-ah, he took a deep breath.

"I can't help but cry as I saw the smiling faces of the ShaWols during 'One'." Key Sunbae said, earning him a nod from JongHyun Sunbae.

"But TaeMin-ah's aegyo was PRICELESS!" MinHo Sunbae suddenly said, breaking the solemn atmosphere, and we all laughed at this.

I got back in time to watch the scenes I missed during the first showing, and saw how the band performed the last leg of the concert.

An MV introduced the final segment of the show, which showed the angelic and devilish SHINee image. It actually amazed me more than the other MVs did.

The band performed Ring Ding Dong not long after. By the way, TaeMin-ah looked absolutely cool there.

Ready or Not was up next. I loved it how there had been a video presentation asking "Are you ready or not" whenever the chorus comes around. I loved it, really.

Lucifer was the last song of the official concert, and I guess the one which hit me the most. I still can't forget that Key Sunbae taught me the choregraphy of this song, along with Hello. But seriously, no matter how much I imitate these guys, no one can be able to move like them. Lucifer is truly... their special song.

As expected, these guys performed an encore. Jojo, Bodyguard, and One were the songs they performed. Jojo was a real take at encore. It's like you can't feel that the concert is over yet. There's always an air that the song "Jojo" carries that makes you feel that there's still something more.

Bodyguard was a really funny one. Ultra Man in five personas much? But hey, the charming Romeos made their own trademark with that song.

Onew Sunbae took the stage afterwards, thanking their fans in their talk time.

The final song, One, really made me cry.

Seriously, I had to change handkerchiefs while listening. That's how much I cried.

But how can I not cry when the members themselves began crying?

Onew Sunbae got teary.

JongHyun Sunbae really cried.

Key Sunbae was no exception to the tears.

But hey, I'm pretty sure that it's tears of joy because of the huge support the ShaWols give them.

I admire these guys, really.

Especialy TaeMin-ah.

After the dramatic scene, he decided to pull out an aegyo to make everyone smile again.


"Matta Aymassio!" I said, imitating how TaeMin-ah did it, which earned me tickles on the sides from the younger guy.

"Noona! You still owe me a big hug!" He said, and just to make him stop tickling me, I hugged him really tight. He returned the embrace and I felt him take a deep breath while holding on to me. He pulled back afterwards, a big smile on his face.

"Don't think I forgot about my oppa too..." I began, before going to Onew Sunbae and hugging him. He was shocked at first, but hugged me back anyway. He sighed before pulling back.

"Awwww. How about me?" Key Sunbae asked, and I just chuckled before hugging him, and MinHo Sunbae too afterwards.

But as I pulled back from MinHo Sunbae's arms, I felt myself being hugged from the back by JongHyun Sunbae.

"Don't think I didn't see you running away during our 'Life' performance during the first run. Where did you go?" He asked me, and then, questions began to be asked.

"Oh yeah! I was looking for Noona backstage after the first run, but she wasn't there! Where did you go?" TaeMin-ah said, remembering.

"Yeah! You made us worried! Where were you?" Key Sunbae asked me, and I just sighed.

"Well, two days from now, the 28th, I'll be performing with other Tokyo Cultural High Alumni for our Homecoming Party. It's going to be a dance concert with skits." I told them, and with understanding faces, they nodded.

"So, you went and rehearsed there?" MinHo Sunbae asked me, and I nodded.

"But I only did for three hours. Besides, there's still a final rehearsal tomorrow. I wouldn't miss the last parts of the first ever SHINee solo concert for the world, you know?" I asked them in a joking manner, earning me smiles from the guys, feeling JongHyun Sunbae smiling behind me as well.

"But I think you guys will be going home tomorrow, am I right?" I asked rhetorically, and as realization crossed their features, I looked at each member.

"We're gonna go home tomorrow... but you still have rehearsal, right?" Key Sunbae suddenly asked. I nodded, silently answering his question.

"Then, is it fine with you if we watch your rehearsal tomorrow?" Onew Sunbae asked me.

"Besides, we still haven't sent our 'dopplegangers' home..." JongHyun Sunbae added, and loud exclamations of "YES!" echoed throughout the room.

"We can go home two days from now. We're not planning to leave without you, you know..." He continued, whispering into my ear, and I just hid a smile.

Oh well. Boys will always be boys. They use any means possible to get what they want.

"Whatever you wish..."

= = =
December 27, 2010

"Whew. Rehearsal was really tiring." I said to no one in particular as SHINee, all in disguise, took me home to my apartment.

Upon reaching my humble abode, TaeMin-ah took a seat at my couch with Onew Sunbae following beside him, and Key Sunbae made his way to the kitchen while MinHo Sunbae went straight to the bathroom. JongHyun Sunbae and I made our way to where my bed was. He lay on my bed while I just sat on a side, getting my hairbrush and running it down my hair.

"You know, I don't want to admit it, but I'm kinda jealous over HeeSung Sunbae's brother." He told me, and with a few chuckles I tried to ask him why this was so.

"Sunbae, remember that HeeSung-ah really isn't my cousin. I just keep saying that we're cousins because her mom treats me like I'm her niece. But of course, we treat each other like that. His brother is no exception to my cousin treatment, so why be jealous?" I asked him after explaining the real situation between me, HeeSung-ah and HaeYoung Oppa.

"Well, he is you dance partner for almost all the songs..." He began, but even before he was through, I already used a pillow and whacked him on the face.

"Whatever, Sunbae." I told him with a whatever-you-say look on my face, stifling a chuckle as I heard him say "Why can't you believe me for once?".

"You know, I was thinking of you when I sang WheeSung Hyung's "Girls"..." He began, but once more, I whacked him on the face. From a lying position, he shifted to lie down on his stomach and look at me, now done with brushing my hair.

"I'm not joking. I was thinking of you when I pulled the move on the girl..." He began again, and once more, I hit him with a pillow.

I might act like I'm teasing him or something, but truthfully, I was holding my breath with every word he's saying.

Why is he acting all sweet to me now?

Gosh.

I remembered what the Coordinator Unnies told me yesterday, and I can't help but sigh. I looked at JongHyun Sunbae who once again shifted into a lying postion. But this time it was different.

This time, his head was on my lap.

"You know, you already hit me with the pillow three times, Selene-ah. Am I that bad to you?" He asked me jokingly, and I just looked away when I saw him pout.

Aigoo, JongHyun Sunbae. Don't start with the act all over again.

Don't make cracks on the wall I created for myself to shield me from love after Kee left me.

Because you might be the first person to finally break it.