Chapter 49: The Announcement

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

April 5, 2011
SeonJim Hospital - Room 405
7:03 P.M.


"I need you guys to go out of this room so that whatever reaction will be triggered in you will not disrupt ShiRin-ah's sleep." HeeSung Sunbae continued as she looked at the sleeping Rin-ah in my arms.

HeeSung Sunbae looked very stressed, and that was even an understatement. She doesn't look good, all tensed up and serious. It kinda triggered my fear for some reason, though I really don't know why. However, I decided to go with the flow and go outside the room as well.

I once more pressed a light kiss on the top of Rin-ah's head before making her lie properly on the bed. With a huff of breath and a few motions of fixing my shirt, I followed my SHINee members out of my love's hospital room.

"So, what is it, HeeSung-ah? What's wrong?" Onew Hyung asked Rin-ah's manager, and we were expecting something good to come out of her lips.

But it looks like fate wouldn't hear our requests.

"Until tomorrow..." She began, and with a confused expression, Key-ah asked her.

"What do you mean, HeeSung Sunbae?" Came his question, and we all were waiting for her answer.

When it came, however, we didn't expect the reaction that it triggered from all of us SHINee members.

"You can visit ShiRin-ah ONLY until tomorrow."

= = = = Chapter Soundtrack: Beautiful Goodbye: F[x] = = = =
April 5, 2011
SeonJim Hospital - Outside Room 405
7:07 P.M.


"MWO?!" came the loud and shocked question from all of us standing in front of HeeSung Sunbae.

"You heard me correctly. You can visit her only until tomorrow." The female stated matter-of-factly, like there was nothing wrong in what she told us.

"But how could it be, HeeSung Noona? Why can we not see ShiRin Noona?" TaeMin frantically asked her, but silence was the reply.

Only MinHo-yah was able to make HeeSung Sunbae talk again.

"HeeSung Sunbae, we have a right to know about this." He said, and with a sharp gaze, she looked at each of us SHINee members.

"You asked for it..." She began before stating to us the situation we are in.

"SE and SME initially agreed on a 5 scandal system of grace periods. If a certain artist reaches 5 scandals in the territory of SME, then SE will be taking that certain artist and her SME contract will be subject to nullification by law. ShiRin-ah was already in her 2nd scandal when the fiasco happened. So, in an act of protecting her, SE decided to step in and take ShiRin-ah back to where she actually belongs. She'll stay there until the culprit comes out, or when SE thinks it's safe for her to come back." She explained, and I'm pretty sure that my jaws were dropped to the floor with the information.

"The hard part here is that ShiRin-ah, during her state of rehabilitation and recovery, is not allowed to see any SME artist. She is to be isolated to Tokyo Cultural High, the Sonic Entertainment main building in Tokyo, and her apartment in Japan. She is to arrange her debut there, if necessary, so that she'll be busy." She finished firmly.

All eyes turned to my shocked figure, taking note of the clenched fists I had at my sides.

"I can't accept this." A silently fuming Onew Hyung voiced deeply, and inside my heart, I agreed.

"Well, you have to, Onew Oppa. No one has a say in this, not even I. Even LeeMyeong Abeonim, JaeLi-sshi, and I would be coming with her to Japan." HeeSung Sunbae said, and when we looked at her, tears were building up in her eyes.

"I guess we just have to it up and be men now, huh?" Key-ah muttered, breathing out a shaky sigh.

"So, when are you leaving?" I tried my very best to ask without exploding and giving my fury away to everyone else in the hospital corridor, even if it was already evident.

"We are scheduled to leave 3 days from today." She said, and silence enveloped us as we tried counting off three days from today.

Almost immediately though, MinHo-yah's and TaeMin-ah's heads snapped up, like they realized something.

"Three days after today... it's going to be the 8th of April, right?" MinHo-yah asked, and a snap of fingers was heard from Key-ah.

"8th of April. But isn't that..." He began to say, but TaeMin completed his question as he faced me.

"...your birthday, Jjong Hyung?"

At that exact moment... I broke down.

= = =
April 5, 2011
SeonJim Hospital - Inside Room 405
7:16 P.M.


"JongHyun Hyung!"

"JongHyun-ah!"

"Jjong Hyung!"

"Yeobo!"

"JongHyun Oppa!"

Collective exclamations resounded through the small slit made by the still opened door and the wall resounded, and my eyes widened as I pictured in my mind whatever was happening just behind the door of my hospital room.

I had to use up all my strength just to not rise and rush to help JongHyun Oppa. I had already slipped back to the conscious mind at the sound of their 'MWO?!'s.

I heard everything.

I know what the situation is right now... right now that S.E. decided to step in to manage my career.

I was already close to tears as the fact that I won't be able to see any of my SME Sunbaes, who actually had been the best Sunbaes that I could ever have in Korea.

The DBSK duo had been super friendly, and hearing from JongHyun Oppa earlier that YunHo Sunbae was one of the people who watched over me in the hospital because he had gone through the same situation took my respect for him to a whole new level. ChangMin Sunbae, on the other hand, is pretty much the person whom you would never expect to see chatting with me backstage. When the cameras aren't on either me or DBSK, he would invade my dressing room and talk with me until either they perform, or the show has ended.

The girls of SNSD, despite running back and forth to Japan and Korea, they still found some time to make me feel that they're not as y or cold as what people thought of them to be. TaeYon Sunbae was really nice, and HyoYeon Sunbae, who specifically insisted that I call her Hyo Unnie, is my favorite SNSD member due to the fact that we dance together when time permits us. But SeoHyun-ah was the closest member to me, specifically because she, MinHo-yah, Key-ah, and I were born in the same year.

The girls of F[x] are my total hang-out buddies. These Sunbaes, who pretty much don't act like my sunbaes, are like my absolute girlfriends. Victoria Unnie taught me some Chinese, as well as Amber-ah. Luna was like the nearest female shoulder I could lean on when I need to. The youngest ones, namely Krystal who helped me brush up some more on my English, and Sulli who never forgets to text me everyday, are like the little sisters I spazz with.

And of course, closer to me than any other group or sunbae... is SHINee.

I don't think I could stand being away from the 4 brothers that I will forever treasure.

And...the one I love.

I don't think I could take being away from them, most especially him.

"No. This can't be happening. I'll let her leave any other day, but not on my birthday..." JongHyun Oppa said desperately as he sobbed outside. I didn't need to imagine anything to know that JongHyun Oppa is now on his knees crying.

My heart started to break into hundreds of pieces as I heard every sob from him echo inside my hospital room. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I tried my very best to snap out of this and face reality.

I don't want to accept the truth set before me.

But I have no choice either.

= = =
April 5, 2011
SeonJim Hospital - Outside Room 405
7:20 P.M.


"Why does it have to be on my birthday, HeeSung Sunbae? Is Sonic Entertainment really planning on breaking my heart with this?!" I thrashed out of Key-ah's hold, still not believing everything.

The truth still hasn't sunk in to me, and repetitive questions were still slipping out of my lips.

Why is this happening? Have I done something wrong? I couldn't help but blame myself for the hurt that ShiRin-ah experiences. I tried to think of letting go, but with how much I love ShiRin-ah now, I don't know if I could survive being away from her. Everytime I think of holding on to her, reality comes between me and her and it reminds me that I should know my place and stay there. I really don't know anymore.

But what I always know and remember is the fact that I love her.

I've been told that my time with ShiRin-ah is ending.

But I don't think I could accept it, though.

I think I never will.

"Jjong Hyung, please, it hurts to see you like this..." TaeMin-ah, close to breaking down as well, whined as I leaned on his shoulder. I remained slouched on the ground. The younger man was sitting beside me on the floor with a knee up.

"I love her so much... and it kills me to know that I couldn't see her after tomorrow..." I muttered, followed by a sigh. I leaned my head on my knees and continued to sob.

"It's a big blow for you, we know. But, you need to snap out of it, Jjong-ah. You have to help her." Onew Hyung said, kneeling on the other side of my helpless figure. He placed a hand on the top of my head.

"I'm really sorry about everything, JongHyun Oppa. But I don't think I could do anything about it." HeeSung Sunbae said, now kneeling in front of me, an expression showing that she understands exactly what I feel.

But a thought suddenly ran into my head, and almost immediately, I found a new desire in myself.

A new determination.

A smile was growing on my lips, and the other members looked at me like I am crazy because despite my tear-streaked face, a victorious smile was in my expression.

But I cared not. I already knew what to do.

ShiRin could only be far from me until the one who tried to kill her comes out in the open.

Once I get the culprit to confess, then...

"You have no say in this. But SHINee has."