5. Mark Tuan/ OC

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request #5. DeffyxGOTDAY - (Mark/ OC) 150929 - 151024 (beta-read by purplewallflwer)

Scenerio: Mark is a boss. A bossy boss.

Probably the worst plot of mine. Shame...

Your request was: the word count is optional honestly. you can make it as long or short as you like. i just chose the highest so that you don't feel limited in writing. ^^"

Story summary.. something in a business setting like Mark is the boss and Natalie is the secretary or one of his employees. there is a christmas office party and the company does a secret santa event and one or the other has one another, or maybe both. lol something with a mistletoe kiss too. haha.

anyways, just something for you if you like. lol


Mark was mad at his secretary, Natalie. The two hadn’t been working in such situation like that before.
Mark thought Natalie didn’t pay enough attention to her work, leaving the reports incompleted quite a lot. Mark never saw her being all blank and unfocused like that. He was hot-tempered, everyone in his office group knew that, being a young boss and all, he couldn’t refuse to work ineffectively.
Later that night, Mark called Natalie to his office so that they could discuss more and he would like to mention to the girl that she was his right hand at work.
As rapid knocking was heard from the other side of his door, Mark stopped typing on his laptop, he swung it down.
“Come in.” His voice was firm as he knew who the knocker was.
The door knob clicked open before revealing  Natalie coming in. Her cheeks were bright red naturally and she was breathing hard while walking over in front of Mark’s desk. Not to mention her hair was messy as well.
“You are twenty minutes late.” Mark said, his anger was ready to explode. He was hiding his mouth with his hands. He looked bossy.
Natalie didn’t dare to look him in the eyes, she decided to just stare down.
“I’m sorry, Mr. Mark. An emergency came up.” She tried to control her breathing but her voice still came out airy whilst took large gulps of oxygen.
“Sit.” Mark gestured her to the sofa. He came first and sat on a sofa, he took the teapot and pour the liquid in two cups. Natalie bowed and went to sit opposite to Mark. She took the cup and drank it, she let out a moan as to praise the taste the tea gave. It was relaxing.
“Now, tell me why you are clumsy lately.” Mark asked, his voice calm, his eyes not leaving Natalie even a second.
“Ah… About that, I’m sincerely sorry Mr. Mark, I had something to do these days so the report came out pretty…” Natalie tried to explain to Mark. He just sighed and closed his eyes for a brief moment, then opened them and focused on Natalie again.
“Natalie, I told you to just call me Tuan. We’re at the same age.” Mark said. He thought it was better to talk informally with Natalie since she was in his age and she had worked for Mark from the very beginning. And there’s one more reason, that Mark was somewhat fond of the girl. She was so neat and clever at work. It was her charm. Or Mark thought so.
“Um… Mr. Tuan. I’m sorry for the absentminded spirit I’ve got these days. I really had something to do. But it’s all done now so please forgive me. I promise to work harder from now.” Natalie sounded shaken, she was making faces at Mark and he did fall for the trick. Her cute face saved her yet again. Mark couldn’t help it whenever she made that face. It was even cuter than that Puss in Boots he watched in his childhood.
“Okay. I was going to make the conversation longer and ask you a few more questions. But it’s just the past so I’ll let it go this time.” Mark rubbed his temples and his nose. He was kind of tired of the paperwork he was overwhelmed with these days. He thought he would even have to use his Christmas holidays to do the work he hadn’t finished.
Natalie was standing up and went behind Mark’s back. She slowly started touching his shoulder and squeezed them lightly, rubbing them softly like she was a massasuse,
“Let me help you.” Natalie said, then Mark nodded his head, mumbling a thanks. It wasn’t the first time Natalie did it, she was indeed told to do by Mark, he didn’t have any bad tention to it, he was just kind of bossy.

 

Christmas day finally came. The office staff team was gathering in a booked hotel room. There were ten people in the room, cozy, crowdy, fun, you name it. They were so happy and the food was nice, everyone had a happy time; even Mark - the bossy boss didn’t have a complain. During the night Mark kept asking his secretary to do whatever he wanted. He asked Natalie to cut his meat, to prepare his handkerchief, to offer him some food which was far away. Everybody was whispering some jokes about the cute boss who liked to get someone’s attention but they didn’t want to get their salary cut; hence they didn’t dare to troll Mark in his face.
The meal ended soon when they started to cheer for the holiday and there were lots of wine bottles. Mark -  being a gentle person towards wine, couldn’t resist to drink. But he drank a little too much compared to his usual, thanks to the male workers’ chants. Natalie tried to stop him but Mark didn’t listen, he just nodded to her reasurringly.
He didn’t listen. He was too drunk he had to be assisted by Natalie to the bedroom. So that left Natalie and Mark alone. Natalie could hear what the workers said in the other side of the bedroom. They were talking and maybe yelling excitedly. Natalie chuckled. She wished she could join the fun right then, along with her partner - Mark.
✭FLASH BACK✭
“Um… what?” Natalie asked mangaer Park as the loud fellow annouced his plan for the upcoming Christmas.
“I have already asked others and all of them agreed with my idea! It makes you and Mr. Mark the last pair for the event!” The manager creeps out with his wide grin.
“But… why was I paired with Mr. Mark?” Natalie asked the man, she was blushing at the thought of being her boss’ Santa Claus, about his reactions when she gifted a present to him, how their night would be…
“Because you are the closest to Mr. Mark! Of course you have to be paired with him! So… deal? I chose you to be the Santa because it fits you!” Natalie grimaced at manager Park.
“It fits me?”
“Yeah… Do you think Mark will ever be the Santa and buy you presents?” Manager Park replied, Natalie parted her lips ready to argue but then she realized how right that answer was. She then nodded her head slightly and made a smile.
“He is very busy anyways.”
✭END OF FLASH BACK✭
At the end of the party, all the workers said their goodbyes and left one by one, their bodies tired after the long hours dancing around the Christmas Tree.
It was already half past twelve and Natalie felt her eyes heavy, she closed her eyes and rested in front of the bed Mark was lying. She was too tired as well so she didn’t have the mind to call his family over to take him home. She didn’t know anything about his family anyways.
“Hey.” Mark called Natalie right when she closed her eyes, she was so surprised to hear his voice so she made a face and nodded her head.
“You’re already up.” Natalie said, not knowing what to say anymore. Mark looked sober which wasn’t the thing Natalie expected.
“I know what you are thinking.” Mark said, he winked at Natalie and he stood up, grabbed Natalie’s wrist and the two went out to the living room where there was still fire. It was warmer.
Natalie didn’t ask more because Mark didn’t seem to tell her anyway. So the two settled down on the couch, Natalie was still sleepy so she didn’t see her boss bringing out a present.
Mark sighed deeply and put the present aside Natalie.
“Where is my present?” Mark shook her arm slightly, he wanted her to wake up.
Natalie snapped her eyes open so she could see Mark’s pouting face.
“Oops… Sorry. Oh! I forgot!” Natalie went to her bag and took a present then returned to where Mark was sitting.
“Here! Merry Christmas! I’m your Santa Claus this year!” Natalie told happily, her smile was wide despite her still heavy eyes. Mark took the present from her. He sighed again because Natalie didn’t ask why he knew she prepared the present for him.
“Aren’t you asking why I knew you prepared the present for me?” Mark asked, he stood up and stood in front of Natalie.
“Oh… right! So… How did you know…? Mark?” Natalie asked him, her face confused.
“I eavesdropped. Accidentally.” Mark said, his face felt like burning with all the boring dialogues between them. The atmosphere was too awkward they didn’t talk more. After a few seconds of silient, Mark took her hands and squeezed them lightly. He leaned towards Natalie and placed his lips on hers.
Natalie's eyes widened in shock but she didn’t refuse the kiss either. The two kept still for a few minutes, lips on lips before Mark pulled away.
“You won’t wake up unless I do something like that to you.” Mark said, his eyes wandering around with a light blush on his cheeks. Natalie was smiling happily. Her boss finally kissed her.
“What is that?” Natalie asked, pointing her finger to the present Mark left on the couch.
“I heard that Park said I would never buy you presents. Well he’s wrong. I can be your Santa Claus forever if you want.”


Author's notes:

It turned out pretty short compared to others. I hope you don't mind ~~

So here it is, Mark x OC! I'm sorry I don't know Mark well so I made up his character, which turned out to be bland and boring I guess. And Natalie's too...

Tell me what you think! I love receiving critiques :)