3. Lay/ Krystal

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request #3. pegase2311 - (Lay/ Krystal) 150929 - 151018 (beta-read by sarasquirrel)

Scenerio: Krystal is so mad at Lay. But why? And what will the man do to make it up with her again?

Your request was: Lay and Krystal has a relationship, they remain it secret of course. They are sweet to each other and they rent an apartment for their secret meeting. But Krystal get jealous when she heard on the radio that Lay said SNSD Yoona is pretty and close to his ideal type. And Krystal refuse all his calls, his text, and even said to her & his friends that she doesn't want to talk to Lay and want their relationship have a break for a while. How Lay try to convince his jealous girlfriend?


"My gem, why are you so angry at me?" Lay said, as he tried to ease Krystal's anger. He didn't mean to get her mad...
"Saying Yoona unnie is pretty and close to your ideal type? When you already have a girlfriend? Oh wait... am I your girlfriend? Or did you plan this secret relationship so your fame wouldn't go down? Did you just play around with me? Huh?" Krystal burst out all the thing she had been thinking. The radio show that EXO had taken part of had been released two days ago, but it was only now that Krystal knew about it. She was so angry that she decided to have a serious talk with Lay.
"No dear… it’s just Yoona noona is a safe choice for every single idol! She’s popular among men and she is an SM artist…”
“Unnie is popular among men? So what am I? Am I not a safe choice? Am I not an SM idol?” Krystal yelled. Luckily they were currently in their secret apartment.
Lay kept trying to convince Krystal but all he got was more and more anger.
“Let’s break up. I’m fed up with your playboy personality.” Krystal almost cried but she tried to sound cool and not shaken her voice as best as she could, but she ended up crying after spilling the sentence out.
Lay was shocked too. He just opened his mouth widely and before he could tell a word, Krystal slammed the door hard, leaving the man alone in the room.
“What should I do, Amber? She’s not listening to me.” Lay asked Amber. It had been two weeks and the couple didn’t have anything developed. Amber was Krystal’s best friend, she might help.
“Man, you should know yourself. It’s very easy if you think about it more simply.” Amber made a face to Lay.
“What do I do Amber?” Lay asked like a lost kid.
“I’ll help you alright?” Amber said with a wide grin, she patted Lay’s shoulder playfully.

 

What is this guy doing here unnie?” Krystal asked Amber, feeling surprised and disgusted. Lay sratched his head, not knowing what to say, he decided to follow Amber and Krystal to the park. They were all wearing disguises of course.
“Let him play with us alright Soo Jung?” Amber hung her arm around Krystal and winked at Lay, mouthing him that everthing will be alright.
But the thing was that he didn’t have any chance to interact with Krystal since she always stuck to Amber and the girls seemed like they were in their own world, with an unnecessary tail following behind. When Lay tried to hug her when she yelled upon seeing the huge snake on the grass (it’s in its cage of course), Amber already got her. When Lay tried to buy Krystal her favorite ice cream, she already pulled Amber with her to ride the roller coaster. When Lay tried to hold her hand, she grabbed Amber’s arm with both her hands.
Amber was just too ignorant to even notice any chance Lay would have had during the day.
“It’s fun isn’t it, Krystal?” Amber asked Krystal after they left the park.
“Yeah, invite me sometimes more, I want to play so bad. It’s been a long time.” Krystal told Amber, she glanced at Lay and her face turned cold towards him. Lay could feel his heart losing a beat.
“So… Will you give Lay another chance?” Amber asked, she was too ignorant and carefree during the day, Lay wondered if Amber thought she did help them or not. [italic texts are in actual English - they are communicating in English]
“I don’t know sis, he doesn’t even know what he did wrong. He is such a womanizer.” Krystal grimaced when she caught Lay’s sincere, cute yet a bit blank eyes. Those eyes drove her crazy but she decided to ignore those for once.
“Just give him one chance will ya?”
“I don’t know about it, just wait and see what he can do to ease my anger.” Lay raised his brows as he couldn’t understand what was going on and why they looked at him. Maybe they were talking about him? It was, wasn’t it? They said something that had ‘him’ in it!?
Amber later told him that Krystal was going to forgive him soon, as long as he had something planned out well like that day in the park.

“What do I do, Sunyoung?” Lay asked Luna as he thought Krystal’s fellow might know Krystal more than anyone. And girls knew girls well.
“Ah, oppa, I know! You are good at playing the piano right? I bet Soojungie will love hearing your play! Music makes people get along with each other right?” Sunyoung advised Lay in an excited way, she nodded at her own idea and got back to her vocal practice. Lay just whispered a thank you as he got out of the room to let Luna practice.

“Oh well, hope this helps.” Lay stretched out his hands and looked at Krystal, then to the piano. With Krystal beside, he felt nervous. The girl was looking at him but in an angry manner. She was still angry, although a month passed.
Lay began playing the familiar play he thought might ease Krystal down.
It didn’t help. She was not interested.
Lay parted his lips as he was upset and embarrassed, he needed to at least make her smile. But how?
One. Two. Three.
He remembered the day on Beatles Code, he did this and made everyone laugh. Maybe this would help…
The exact way he did back then, but when he looked at Krystal hoping for any good response. He thought of Krystal’s smiley face, but what appeared in front of his eyes was disgust.
She snapped Lay’s head and it made his hair messed up, he left out an ‘ah’ as he felt really painful that time. Krystal yelled at him.
“Hey you fool! You called me all the way from my photoshoot to this room just to hear this freaking poor music and gag? I won’t ever accept your call again!” Krystal stormed out the room. Lay facepalmed.

“What do I do, Victoria noona?” Lay as Victoria as he thought the eldest might have some more matured and original ideas about love issues.
“Show her your flexibility, I show it to people a lot and they seem to like it. Maybe it helps.” Victoria chuckled at her own joke, which made Lay grimace.
“I’m just kidding. I don’t know anything about these things, I’m not experienced.” She just shrugged and went out of EXO’s practice room, leaving Lay alone. Lay sighed and looked down. He was so desperate yet Krystal didn’t give him a chance. He missed all the cuddles and hugs and kisses they had with each other, oh how he missed it since the past two months. He thought more about Vic’s advice… Maybe something related to it would help?
Krystal came to their secret apartment as Lay texted her.
“So… what ‘important stuff’ did I miss here?” Her eyes were searching through the whole room, not knowing what she left. Lay just shook his head, smiled at Krystal playfully.
“You missed this baby…” Lay said in a manly tone, a lower tone, then he did the thing he thought, might change Krystal.
“What the heck are you doing you ert!?” Krystal screamed and took her nearby pillows and threw them at the now upper body Lay. He had worked out a lot to show Krystal his new pride. But what she responsed was so shocking and unexpected to him.
“What’s wrong my gem? I showed my body to you two times before and you were fond of it…” Lay was cut by another pillow flying towards him. He brushed his hair in frustration and he ran towards Krystal before she could reach the door knob.
“What’s wrong with you all this time, Soojung? I don’t get it!” Lay asked, his voice loud but gentle enough as not to freak the girl out.
“You don’t get it? The radio issue was spread out and people believe you like Yoona unnie. And I think you really do huh? Calling her your ideal type? That’s the most obvious evidence to tell me that you’re flirty!” Krystal yelled, she looked at Lay, daring him to speak anymore.
Lay bit his lips and pushed Krystal agaisnt the door, her face now looking up at Lay, a little scared as Lay was angry, for the first time she had ever seen him.
His arms all blocking her sides and he lowered his head to face Krystal’s. She got some goosebumps upon seeing his biceps. She admitted he looked hot and attractive. But it wasn’t the time to think about such things.
When Lay tried to kiss Krystal, she pushed Lay aways with all her strength and once again, she slammed the door.
Was their relationship was just that? Lay cursed for his first time after a super long time.
“Damn.”

Later on, it was SM Town concert.
Lay was clueless of how to talk to Krystal after all the thing he tried. He was hopeless so he searched through the internet and found the articles about him. He saw what he was told: Lay and Yoona ships. Things fans always overact about. He sighed, it wasn’t a big deal, just among the fans. But no one makes a big fuss about it, except Krystal.
He searched for Krystal’s news and to his ultimate shock, she took part in a hot photoshoot with Kai! Why didn’t he know about that?
He was pissed. How dare Kai posed that pose with Krystal? And how the hell Kai rested his head on her… chest! Lay was in a super bad temper, he thought he would beat Kai up any moment he saw Kai, the hot brat.
The concert was long hours and Lay was tired throughout their performances. Despite that fact, he still kept staring at Kai sarcasticly and angrily. Kai saw lay sometimes and he was confused, he tried to ask Lay but Lay avoided him and kept away from him.
At the end of the concert and it was time all the artists came out together to greet fans for the last time. Lay had the chance to go with f(x) but Krystal was walking between the girls.
The worse thing was that Kai was then walking with Lay.
“Hyung, what’s wrong with you today? You don’t seem happy as usual?” Kai asked, he smiled at Lay. Lay didn’t answer, he tightened his hands into fists.
“Hyung, why are you not answering?” Kai pleaded, he grabbed Lay’s hand. The anger he had kept up was exploded and Lay grabbed Kai’s neck shirt.
“Why did you pose like that in the photoshoot? Couldn’t you just pose normally like Taemin?” Lay asked Kai in a cold voice, leaving Kai widened his eyes.
“I’m sorry about that, hyung. But it’s just work!” Kai tried to convince Lay, his eyes wandering around, trying to put Lay’s hands down so fans wouldn’t notice. Lay realized they were in public so he let Kai do the thing.
“You are trying to make excuses that it was work huh? You use that excuse for erted purpose!” Kai was about to talk but Lay cut him off.
“After those years of knowing each other, I was wrong about you, brat!” Lay was saying clearly like Korean was his mother touge.
They kept on fighting about the photoshoot until Lay saw Krystal in the corner of his eye, giggling at them.
Lay turned his head to Krystal. They were eyeing each other. He got confused and tilted his head. Krystal smiled at him. Wait… Krystal smiled at him!
After they got to the backstage, Krystal approached Lay, her fingers intelaced his.
“Oppa! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”
“Um… what?” Somehow Krsytal being all sweet made Lay shiver. He smelled trouble.
“Why didn’t you explain things to me more clearly sooner? You got me really mad at you you know?” Krystal pouted cutely at Lay, making all the cheer from the EXO members walking by.
“I thought I did?” Lay asked, he really couldn’t know what was wrong with Krystal.
Krystal shook her head, grinning at Lay happily and she tiptoed on her feet. She pecked Lay’s lips.
Lay widened his eyes, but soonly he forgot all the things that happened to them in the past few months, he held Krystal in his arms and kissed her passionately before she tried to stop him as there were still some people in the changing room. He tightened his grip on her and he kissed her deeper, Krystal couldn’t stop him anymore.
Women are strange.


Author's notes:

So many thanks to sarasquirrel who helped me with the grammar (and word choice)!

First, thank you very much for requesting!

Do you like it? At least I like it cause it's fun and I had fun writing about Lay, he's my bias duh :)

Please leave a comment! Critiques are so welcome!