B1. Baekhyun/ OC

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Bonus oneshot #1. sonexoticsbaby - (Baekhyun/ OC) 000000 - 170316

notes: bonus oneshot. reason: long delay.


You realize you actually love someone the more you keep company with them.

Despite denying it for the past few months now, Baekhyun knew she was already in love with Hyojung. Problem was, Baekhyun and her had been friends for years. It would be hella odd if he confessed his feelings there and then.

The complex of confessing or keeping the good friendship was always hunting him, for the past few months.

"But things will get complicated if I confess to her." Baekhyun murmured and raised a beer can up to his lips to have a small sip of it. Jeehwan chuckled at his friend and shook his head slowly.

"You will never know."

"So you are encouraging me to confess?" Baekhyun asked.

"Hurry before she meets someone new, dumb ." Jeehwan sighed at his friend.

"Is there anyone who is better than me, honestly?" Baekhyun said, looking serious and confused at the same time. His friend couldn't help but kick him in the shin.

"If you are that confident, then why are you so scared of being rejected?"

"It's not as simple as that." Baekhyun shrugged.

He had been concentrating on making Hyojung, somehow magically, confess to him first. The concept of someone taking Hyojung from him was bizarre to him. At least for now.

And how funny, in a span of a week it immediately turned into his major concern.

He concluded that the new comer was his enemy.

His name was Park Jimin.

"Oh hey Hyojung hello just wanna hang out with you for the day." Baekhyun said in one breath, making Hyojung stunted by her apartment door.

"Oppa..." Hyojung's face transformed into a disbelieving expression. "I just told you yesterday that Jimin is coming here today. He's here at the moment by the way. So... bye."

Before she could slam the door, Baekhyun stunted her by quickly stepped a foot inside.

"Wait. What is he doing in your apartment?" Baekhyun inquired, glancing at Hyojung suspiciously.

"What the heck with the judging gaze?" Hyojung laughed once at Baekhyun's overreacting face. "Relax, he's in the bathroom, fixing the faucet for me."

"He's some kind of a mechanic student?" Baekhyun asked, tilting his head a little.

"Yes, he is." Hyojung nodded and smiled. "He's also going to fix my bedroom door. There will no longer be noises creaking when I move it anymore!"

"How comes you didn't tell me about that? Silly, let me in. I might be helpful." Baekhyun grinned and pushed the door to make enough space for him to sneak in. Hyojung creased her eyebrows at his conclusion.

"Oppa, are you sure about that? I have never seen you fix something before." Hyojung followed him inside her house. "Anyways, your conduct today is a bit weird."

"Your oppa has always been like this." Baekhyun corrected, winking at Hyojung, making the latter cringe in annoyance.

"So... that door eh?" Baekhyun mumbled, walking toward Hyojung's bedroom door. Confidently, he checked the door carefully. "Hm... I need a hammer."

Hyojung looked at Baekhyun in disbelief.

"What is that for?" She asked.

"Oh..." Baekhyun smiled shyly at her. "Screwdriver! I need that to take off the door."

"But Jimin said it would be simple..." Hyojung murmured to herself and turned her back toward the bathroom.

"Silly! You need to take off the door so that we can buy a new one. It's probably broken somewhere." Baekhyun said in a matter-of-fact manner, gazing over the problematic door.

Seconds later, Hyojung came back with Park Jimin with her. Baekhyun widened his eyes when he saw Jimin being completely topless. His muscular body amazed him how cutesy his cat eyes looked.

"Jimin, you already heard of him, right? He's my neighbor Kim Baekhyun." Hyojung introduced him with Jimin. "And Baekhyun-oppa, this is Jimin, my high school classmate."

"Hello." Jimin enthusiastically bowed at Baekhyun while the other man rolled his eyes up to the ceiling, nodding back.

"Isn't it kind of inappropriate to be shirtless in a woman's house?" Baekhyun commented without much thought. He shifted his gaze to Hyojung only to fnid her bite her lips in annoyance.

"Oppa! He's fixing the faucet for god's sake!"

"I'm done checking that, though. I'm sorry." Jimin said, looking apologetically at Baekhyun, but the latter only replied with a sniff. Jimin went to the living room and wore his shirt back.

Before he returned, Baekhyun managed to talk to Hyojung.

"He's such a show off. My body is much better yet I still don't bother to expose my amazing abs. How dare that dude come at you and try to seduce you with that!" Baekhyun whispered so that only Hyojung could here.

Hyojung cringed at first. But after one or two seconds, realization hit them both.

Something in Baekhyun's sentence made both of them freeze for a moment.

Baekhyun coughed awkwardly.

"So... If we aren't going to remove this door, how can we fix it?" Baekhyun changed topic right away.

"It's pretty simple. You just have to spray lubricating oil on the hinges to rid of friction." Replied Jimin, who came back to the two of them with a spray bottle. Baekhyun just made some weird sound from throat.

"Trying to sound clever." He murmured under his breath so that the younger couldn't hear.

The whole afternoon spent with the two university students made Baekhyun come to a regret that he shouldn't have come. All the time, he always felt like the outsider while the other two were chit-chatting stuff that he couldn't find a way to join in.

It was plain pathetic for him. Park Jimin's gaze for Hyojung was so endearing. He looked cute as well. The two of them hit it off so well, he could never think that they had just reunited through a high school class reunion.

And as he expected, Hyojung could read his face so well. When Park Jimin said goodbye to them and left, she immediately pulled Seokin back.

"Oppa, let's go somewhere. It's still so soon, I have nothing else to do today." Hyojung prompted excitedly, she looked at Baekhyun with smiley eyes.

"I don't have the mood for today." Baekhyun said, avoiding her gaze and tried to get rid of her grip, but it was to no avail.

"Oppa, why is your voice so sad? What's wrong?"

"Nothing... Really."

"If it's that you felt left out when we were with Jimin, then I'm sorry, okay? I just can't resist his talking. He's too nice." Hyojung explained.

"Oh yeah. He's absolutely your ideal type, right? Someone who can make you smile all day. Oppa saw your twinkling eyes while talking to Jimin. You two look good together. Why don't you be lovers already?" Baekhyun sarcastically remarked, making Hyojung's face breaking into a frown.

"Oppa, what's up your ? Why are you being so bitter all of a sudden?" Hyojung confusedly inquired, pouting at Baekhyun, her cheeks got reddened all the while. Her hand left Baekhyun's wrist naturally.

"I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. But you should have told me to get out right at the beginning. That you want to be alone with him!" Baekhyun exclaimed loudly, making one step closer to Hyojung with furious eyes.

Hyojung made one step back and leaned on the wall, her eyes wavering as they watered up.

"Why are you so obsessed with Jimin? You want to pair me up with him that bad?"

"Yes!" Baekhyun hollered, hitting his own palm violently against the wall that Hyojung was leaning. He bowed his head down so they could face directly, their distancce barely safe. "Go date someone already! Just anyone!"

They stayed silent after that. Baekhyun then shifted his eyes down at her trembling lips. And for a second, he wondered how it would feel to brush his own agaisnt her kissable lips.

But from the corner of Hyojung's eye, a tear shed down.

"I'm sorry." Baekhyun quickly retrieved his hand and looked away. "I-"

"Get out." Hyojung said coldly.

Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something, but then he decided to turn around. He went out but before the door slammed behind him, he heard a Hyojung sniffing behind him.

"Wait!" Baekhyun said, knocking on the door repeatedly, but no one answered. "Hyojung let me in!"

"I like you! That's why... I like you, okay! I'm just so frustrated since you only look at me as a brother!" Baekhyun yelled in frustration. There, he finally said it. Pressure gone.

Penitence come.

"Hyojung... You must feel really confused right now, huh? Oppa can't help it..." Baekhyun said, looking over his shoulder to the motionless door.

He finally decided to leave and went back to his apartment.

Everything seemed to be over.

Knock knock.

When he opened the door, Hyojung was there. Startled, he opened his mouth to say something, but his lips were soon locked by Hyojung's lips.

They kissed. For the first time ever.

"Dumb oppa. I like you too."


Author's notes:

I know this oneshot but please bear with me lmao. your main request will be completed soon. hope you will wait a bit longer!