S1. Sehun/ OC

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Sample #1. BangMind - Sehun You Jerk (Sehun/ OC) 000000 - 151001  (beta-read by purplewallflwer and nightlock08)

Scenerio: Sehun acts like a jerk towards OC. Let's find out why. Hihi my first oneshot (or not).


Sehun was acting like a jerk, again. Every time he saw you, he jerked his head up and his gaze turned heavy. You couldn’t figure out why he was being that way.

You were his classmate from the first year in high school, and that was practically it; nothing more. Moreover, he was a popular boy in your school. He had quite the reputation as he got the looks and brains, and also the brawns. In opposition of him, you were just...to simply put it, average and plain.

“What are you doing?” You asked tiredly as Sehun blocked your way to the cafeteria, spreading his long limbs to block any possible escape. Great, now you’re stuck, and you couldn’t even take the last step from the staircase. This was not an unusual situation, and all the students knew about it so it had been somewhat ‘normal’ for them and they chose to just ignore it. Although you could tell the girls were somewhat jealous of you.

He stayed silent, as usual. What was wrong with him? He had this bad habit of stopping you abruptly and proceed to not say nothing afterwards. You waited, as he would usually let you go after five seconds or so. One… two… three… four… five… six… seven… eight… nine… ten…

Something was different that day. He didn’t make a move and instead opted to remain silent. You were starting to feel uneasy.

“Put. Down. Your. Arms.” You said firmly, rolling your eyes when you saw Sehun smirking at you playfully. You felt irritated to command someone like this for the hundredth time again, plus it was always the same person. Oh Sehun the menace.

He did put down his arm. However, when you thought everything was over, he sidestepped to the right side, making you lose your balance. You caught yourself before you collide against him, leaving a few inches of space between both of you.

“What the…? Will you stop it?” You asked him again, more like pleaded. But you knew it would just end up in vain.

“Will you stop ignoring me?” He ignored your pleads yet he got the nerves to ask you that question. Well, if he wasn't being a jerk all the time, maybe you would treat him better. But, shame.

“Oh Sehun-ssi. I'm not ignoring you now. Just what is it that you want to say so badly? Can you wait until later?” You felt your stomach growl, begging to be filled with food. Sehun seemed to get the hint. He then stepped aside and walked away, leaving you perplexed and confused per usual.

You sighed, shook your head and made your way to the cafeteria.

“What did she do to make Sehun-oppa notice her? That Reomin is really shameless. She got no jams, no looks, nothing!?” You could hear more whisperings in the room. You felt the harsh glares people gave from time to time and it made you feel hurt. You didn’t even do anything to deserve to be treated like this. Even your best female friends became jealous. Now you had no one but your closest friend, Kyungsoo, beside . Ever since Sehun started to play his gimmicks on you, nothing had been the same.

“I got you. Don't pay attention to them. They're just jealous,” Kyungsoo said as he gave you a reassuring look. He was definitely your best friend, the one who was always there since the beginning.

You know you couldn’t let this situation with Sehun to happen again. You let it go for too many times and now you were just drained to deal with the consequences from Sehun's action.

You knew what you must do; you needed to talk to Sehun.

“I’m going to be back in a while.” You said, leaving Kyungsoo dumbfounded. He yelled after you but you just gave him a wave. You had an instinct that he might know what you were planning on your head. He was your best friend, anyway. He would understand.

“Hey Sehun-ssi.” You called him coldly, not noticing the winces on his equally rebellious friends' faces. No one dared to call him like that but you couldn’t be polite like your usual self this time. You needed an explanation.

Sehun raised one of his eyebrows. He stood up with a questioning expression. You rolled your eyes, again. He didn’t even bother to use his mouth and just ask.

“Okay... I have a question, so please meet me when class is over.” You made a serious face and he just replied with a single nod, his lips pressed to a thin line. You turned your back to him and returned to class with absolute determination, not even minding the jeers from his jerks of friends.

“What is it?” Sehun asked. The class was over and there were only you two inside the classroom. You looked up at him with fierce eyes, face devoid of emotion.

“What do you want from me?” The same question put on repeat but never an answer given.

“I don’t know.” He said with a frown, he sounded serious but the answer was too short and ambiguous and you just could not let go of that.

“Pardon?”

Sehun didn’t answer. He sighed and gave you a strange look. His eyes were tense and deep as if telling you to figure it yourself. He then left without a word.

You tried to recall all the things you could remember about Sehun. You found no distinct memory related to him. But what's the reason for him to play around with you all this time? If he just wanted to tease, he could omit more reactions from his loyal fan girls. You were expressionless and to be honest, you were no fun to tease. So what was the reason?

“So are you saying that you can’t take my attitude anymore?” Sehun finally spoke to you. The first two free buttons of his school uniform distracted you while you struggled to lift your head up to meet his eyes. Tall guys were so annoying.

“You got it right, Sehun-ssi. Don’t disturb me at school.” You stated calmly. Your eyes wandered elsewhere. Sehun seemed to know what was running in your mind as he smirked knowingly. You rolled your eyes, ignoring him.

“Okay. You asked for it, you got it.” Sehun gave a last wink at you and went out of the room. You couldn’t tell what you felt at the moment but it wasn’t absolute happiness or relief. You felt strangely deflated, but you passed it off and gave yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.

The next few days, Sehun did keep his words. He didn’t disturb you anymore; he even didn’t give you a glance. You felt weirdly down and you didn’t like it. The whole school kept spreading rumors about you two but you didn’t bother about it. Something else was bothering you.

Later did you find out why. Sehun wasn’t there to help you pick a book which was put high on the shelf. Sehun wasn’t there to help you with your studies, when he usually used to pass by and saw how infuriated you were by complicated mathematics problems. Sehun wasn’t there to throw paper airplanes to wake you up when the teacher was approaching. You even missed the days when he your hair all of the sudden. You missed all the little things that used to annoy you but also made your mood lighter at the same time. Now everything was so bland and boring.

You were sitting on the grass, your hands supporting your upper body while you were looking up at the sky. The day passed by in a blur, and you decided to have a little soak under the warm sun as the weather was good. A while later you sighed, thinking about the jerk Sehun again. You just couldn't get him out of your head.

“Hello. Long time no see.” A familiar voice popped out suddenly from behind. You quickly opened your eyes and turned your back to confirm it was him. The monotone voice with a hint of lisp was unmistakable, it was indeed Sehun.

Sehun bent down and sat next to you. He copied your position and smiled slightly, not the teasing kind but a genuine one, which caught you off guard for a bit.

“Where’s D.O?” Sehun asked after a while.

“Hey! I’m the only one who can call him that!” You protested as D.O was the nickname you gave to Kyungsoo. You didn’t tell about it to anyone but you thought maybe Sehun overheard that several times, back in the days.

Sehun let out a chuckle but you couldn't seem to find the funny part.

"Why do you look so pissed these days?" He changed the topic, to one you wanted to avoid the most. Guess you had no option now.

"Because of you, Sehun-ssi." You admitted because you didn't see the point of lying or staying silence because you knew Sehun would never give up until he got an answer.

"Why?" Sehun asked, his tone casual without even the hint of surprise. It was as if he already anticipated the answer.

"Because of you, the whole school hates me." You reasoned, maybe that was why you felt down these days.

"Liar." Sehun whispered as he stared at you with a piercing gaze. Your face reddened under his watchful eyes.

"Shut up." You sighed tiredly, not really in the mood to decipher what you were actually feeling.

"Or maybe because...you like me?" Sehun smirked but you could tell how serious he was just by his firm voice. You faked a laugh, but it sounded more like a choke.

"Here, take this. You need to cool down. Your face is freaking red right now, Reomin."

You glanced at what was in Sehun’s hand.

✭FLASH BACK✭

Sehun’s POV

The class was chitchatting and having a good time while I was out in the soccer field as I was one of the chosen players. It was so unfair that I was the only one in the class who had to play soccer while others were enjoying the view. Even the chants didn't lift my mood, I was drained and moody.

After the breath-taking match, I went to the locker room for a clothes change. Girls started surrounding me and gave me presents (mostly love letters). They even gave me water too, for which I was thankful for. Being popular did have its perks.

But I needed something more than just those simple things. Or did I expect too much when I already received a lot?

“Um… Sehun-ssi, here.” A girl approached me as I just realized that she was walking behind me. I looked at what was in her hand before looking up. She was looking at me in the eyes, not in a shy way, but not in a cold way either. It felt somewhat easing, friendly and warm. It felt nice, her eyes were sincere.

But what was that she gave to me? An ice cream stick?

It was a small ice cream stick. I made a face but still, I accepted it. I was not the kind to throw away gifts no matter how ridiculous it was.

“Um… sure…” What was going on?

I rolled it over and saw the line carved on it: ‘winner’. It was a redeem for a free ice cream.

“I heard you were out practicing for the upcoming game? I don’t need it so you can have it. Good luck.” She smiled at me and walked away.

I stared at her retreating back and looked down at the unusual gift. I kept it in my pocket as I smiled a bit. My mood just got better for some reason.

✭END OF FLASH BACK✭

Your eyes widened and you could see Sehun smiling from the corner of your eyes. He was holding a familiar ice cream stick. You rolled it over, and of course, there it was, the ‘winner’ line carved on it.

“I remember now! That day!” You sounded like you just figured a solution to your math problems.

“Thanks. But you don’t need to remind me this way. It probably took a while to find this huh?” You said. That day was lost in your memories for some reason, but now you finally recalled it back.

“No. This stick is the exact stick that you gave me.” Sehun informed.

“So… you didn’t eat ice cream that day?” You were somewhat disappointed that he didn’t receive your treat.

“I did. But I paid for it.” You rolled your eyes, until…

“I keep this because it took me to you, Kim Reomin.” Sehun confessed, as he lessened the gaps between both of you. Your faces were so close to each other that you could count the tiny pimples in his otherwise flawless face.

“Psst, I’m not going to like you.” You mumbled, as you could see your face heating more than it already had. Sehun smirked, as if saying yeah, right. You huffed, refusing to meet his eyes.

Sehun, you jerk.


Author's notes:

So many thanks to purplewallflwer and nightlock08 who helped me with the grammar and word choice! The length even went up by 400 words! That's so cool!