8. Jungkook/ OC

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request #8. syazygirl - (Jungkook/ OC) 151009 - 151110

Scenerio: Jungkook hates math. He sure does.

Please wait for a bit more if you want to read an actual English oneshot because it's not beta-read yet!

Your request was: N/A


“Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.” Someone was whispering in Jungkook’s ears.
“The teacher is coming.” The person kept talking and put her hand on his head and brushed his hair.
Jungkook, however, didn’t bother to move a bit.
“Ouch!” was his first word at school that day.
“Teacher you’ve hit me like million times!” Jungkook whined and finally got up from his desk. He glanced at his partner accusingly.
“I don’t think I did anything wrong, mister Jeon. At least sleep soundly in my Math class.” The class was filled with laughter. Jungkook scratched his neck in embarrassment. He elbowed the person who sat next to him, glaring at her. That gesture of his made the classmate hurt and yelp in pain.
“Alright, one hour in the detention room after school today, Mister. With the class’ president guarding.” The teacher looked at his partner with his apologetic eyes. But the girl just nodded, face still pouting at the impact Jungkook made.
“What a heartless person huh, miss president. You let your partner snore and did nothing to wake him up. You will have your time wasted with me after school anyways, Cha Jaerin.” Jungkook stood up and excused himself to go to the bathroom, leaving Jaerin hiss in disbelief and anger.

 

“I’m sorry for bothering you again, miss Cha. I have an important meeting. Please guard mister Jeon over there well.” The math teacher came quickly out of the room, leaving Jungkook and Jaerin alone.
“Alright, now you need to write down this lesson and all the formulas five times repeatedly. Please make it quick or else we’ll have to sit here for more than an hour.” Jaerin commanded her classmate and she took out a book and started reading it.
Jungkook sighed heavily and took his pen. He was writing but it was so slow which made Jaerin frustrated.
“Please be quick, Jungkook-ssi.” Jaerin looked at Jungkook and glanced at his notebook. His hand writing was so ugly whenever it came to math. He surely hated math.
“Ugh. Stop commanding me.”
“I’m not commanding you.” Jaerin denied. She turned back to her book, giving up with him.
Half an hour passed but he just finished one filth of the work. He growled in frustration. He was too sleepy.
He then moved his seat closer to Jaerin’s, moving his head near hers. He looked at her seductively, with his bunny teeth showing and his cheeks curling up with the smile.

“Miss president, please help me write. Will you?” His voice was sweet and y enough for Jaerin to get out of her reading process and put the book aside.
“Ugh. You are making me cringe again. Stop that look.” Jaerin moved her seat further from Jungkook. But he was persistent so he moved closer and closer until Jaerin couldn’t fight more. Their faces were just inches apart. Jaerin looked away, avoiding his intense gaze.
“Don’t do it. Girls may fall for the trick but not me.”
“Your face doesn’t say that, miss president.” Jungkook touched her cheeks with his playful hands and moved his face even closer. His high nose was about to interact with hers anytime. And it actually happened. Jaerin was shivering so it was basically her doings. She mentally smacked herself on the head. She heated up and she could even feel her cheeks getting tomato red. Jungkook might seem oblivious but to Jaerin, it was freaking important to her. She just touched nose with a boy, for the freaking first time of her life.
“You are so easy to be .” Jungkook smirked. “So you’re gonna do it for me. Miss president.” Jaerin straightened herself and tried to stop thinking about Jungkook's nose.
“No way.” Jaerin looked away again, her hands clenching into fists. So she was just like other girls, she fell for Jungkook too easily.
“Or you want me to whine more?” Jungkook made a face and kept playing around, his hands then made a circle around Jaerin in a hugging position. Jaerin closed her eyes tight.
“OK! OK! I’ll do it! Get away from me!”

“Alright listen up children!” The homeroom teacher shouted out loud to stop the noise. And it worked as usual.
“We are taking part in the inter-school competition. Us against twenty-two other schools in Seoul.”
“Nae.” The class chanted boringly at the announcement.
“In this competition our school needs a pair of senior (last year of high) pupils.”
“Oh.” The class chanted boringly again. Some seemed hesitant about the news.
“Since we are the best class among the grade…” She was cut off by the loud disapprove by the students. No one wanted to take the school’s representation.
“We need two most suitable students in this class.” She smiled and that smile scared the hell out of the students. They tried to avoid her gaze.
“One boy and one girl..."
"NOOOO!" The class chanted in unison.
"There isn't anyone as suited as our..."
"Cha Jaerin!" The class once again shouted loudly. Jaerin couldn't expect more. She was really the best representative to be and no one would pass her level of studies.
The thing she worried about was her partner representative. 
"That's right! And dear, you can choose your partner to participate in the competition. Since we couldn't find one suitable guy."
Jaerin was friendly, yes, but she had that vibe of her that boys didn't bother to get close. She was too smart and all the time she spent her free moments reading books; or else people would see her working part-time jobs. She was a work and study addict. It led her to the fact that she just had a few friends around.
She sighed and nodded as the teacher looked at her. She made a glance through the whole room and with her sudden action, boys wandered their eyes back to the school board; some were whispering.
She made her last glance at Jungkook, who was sleeping soundly (not snoring anymore... she wondered why) next to Jaerin. They were in the corner of the class so basically, Jaerin was the only one who could see Jungkook sleeping. She felt sudden hatred toward the boy and bit her lips furiously. She couldn't figure out why Jungkook was the only guy she actually found comfortable being with, although she took that as 'hating to the extend of showing it'.
"I pick Jeon Jungkook-ssi." Jaerin said and the boys sighed in relief. The girls chanted and clapped their hands.
"Jungkook and you would be awesome!"
"He needs to inhale some fresh air instead of sleeping their all the math classes!"
"Wait! He sleeps in these classes too!"
"Any ways good luck Jaerin!"
"Jaerin why did you choose him? He isn't good at Math!"
"Yeah right it's all about studies right? He's not the right option!"
All the discussions the girls made were filled in the class. Jaerin messaged her temples and glared at Jungkook, who was still sleeping without knowing anything. He was innocent in this thing but really, Jaerin just wanted to put his earphones out and slapped his head.
"Since the competition is like always. I bet it's not just about studies, guys. It's about culture knowledge, brawns and moreover, it is a nice tool to draw attraction to more new students for the school. Jungkook-ssi may not help with studies but he is good at sports. His grades at other subjects besides natural science ones are sometimes even higher than mine. And last but not least... he got the looks." Jaerin mentally applauded herself for being convincing. She was amazed by herself for knowing Jungkook that much. And she was a bit shy to say the last statement.
"You know so much about the competition, dear. Which I don't find in any other ignorant children here." The teacher smiled proudly at Jaerin. "Your opinion is very conductive and I can't agree more. So it's settled. Jeon Jungkook and Cha Jaerin..." She wrote down something, probably their names.
"Uhmm... teacher, Jungkook-ssi hasn't accepted yet." Jaerin asked her teacher confusingly. Sure she picked Jungkook but it was just a nomination.
"Oh! That boy... he is still sleeping at this moment..." The teacher sighed and shook her head. "It's not officially decided yet so you can tell me who will be joining you whenever you find one. But first let's just keep him in the list, OK dear?"
"Yes, teacher."

"You signed me in what???" Jungkook asked Jaerin when it was school break. They were walking home on the same way as Jungkook's house was near and Jaerin was heading to the bus stop.
"Well, not officially yet so if you don't want to..." Jaerin hesitantly spoke, she was tired and then she had to explain things to Jungkook, such a waste of time.
"You talk like I ever want to." Jungkook cut her off.
"Well in that case, I'll find another boy." She regret saying good things about Jungkook earlier. She shouldn't have sounded so desperate like that. She hated to imagine everyone's reaction when she announced Jungkook wouldn't take part in the competition. She felt her cheeks burning in anger. Of course, she still knew that Jungkook was innocent. Blame her.
"Why does it have to be boys?" He asked, stopping his pace immediately making Jaerin startle at the sudden question.
"It has to be one boy and one girl."
They kept walking after Jungkook nodded his head, slowly swallowing the information.
"But... you said that you can have 3 days absent from school because of it, right?"
"Sadly, yes. Three days and two nights. Three days without books and missing lessons..." Jaerin sounded so upset it made Jungkook chuckled.
"Cute. In a weird way."
"Huh?" Jaerin asked as she couldn't here clearly what Jungkook said.
"OK. I'll join you to the competition. But I won't study math and other things related to math. Deal?"
"Really? What leads you to accept... Oh! Got it." Jaerin rolled her eyes.
"Three days absent from school can make one miserable while the other is happy in a maximum level. How cool." She shook her head and sighed again.
"Actually it's not the main reason. You're too ignorant to notice." Jungkook rubbed her hair lightly and smiled at her. The smile made her surprised because it wasn't exactly a smirk and it felt so sincere, and sweet. She just responded with a raised eye brow of her.
Jungkook waved his hand at Jaerin and turned his step to the right to go to his home. "Babo."


Author's notes:

It's about time you forget your own request here but here it is! And I'm sorry it's too short by the way!

I'll write more if you want hihi. Of course it needs more right? Who the hell would end the story like that orz.

What do you think about it? Good? Bad? Bland? Interesting? Anything supportive is appreciated!