31. V/ Chorong

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request #31. Isabella37 - (V/ Chorong) 160914 - 161122

Your request was: Chorong and Taehyung were couple when they were 15. Chorong broke up with him and left him brokenhearted. Since then, he hated her so much. But then he never realized that she left him is because she found that she had leukemia. Two years later, Chorong is recovered and she's back again. She's still in love with him after all. She wants to get back together with him again. But then, Taehyung plays with her feeling and hurts her feeling over and over again. He even humilates her until she's heartbroken and gives up on chasing after him. But then, he found the truth she left him two years ago. And now, he had to get her back. 3rd POV, Jungkook-side character, Angst, Fluff at the end, Happy ending, It's still a kiss. Kyaaa!!!


"Happy birrthday Taehyung, wish you the best of things!" Some classmates including his close friends were gathering around him and chanted before they left invidually. Class dismissed.

He knew he should have been glad and all for such a day of the year, but all the memories came back with the special ceremonial day everytime - it had been the third birthday without her.

He cast a glance over one of the top row seats, where she sat at. It was only natural the seat was empty now, as all the other seats were. But a pang hit his heart, for the third time, just as hard as the formers.

What had he done?

He sadly stood up from his seat, straightening himself up as well as his upset face. He mentally told himself not to long for the past anymore. It was over, nothing can be fixed.

It was not the first time a mood swing hit him like this. It occured frequently, to be frank. But today, it was differrent. He felt so sad that he decided to get rid of it, one way or another.

"I can't neglect my study over Chorong." He murnured and took up his bag and started walking home.

He didn't expected to see Chorong from afar. But he did. Chorong was crouching down and cocked her head to see her bicycle. It seemed the chain had been dislocated.

Without thinking much about their odd situation now, as a past best friend, he had to do something.

He ran towards her but when he was just a few meters away, Jungkook popped out from nowhere.

"Your bicycle need its chain changed, you know." Jungkook said and cast a glance over Taehyung at his side. Taehyung gulped and looked back.

They were looking at each other intensely but then Chorong's voice broke their eye-contact.

"You are right, but I can't find the time... What are you looking at?" Before Chorong turned her head back, Taehyung had already hid himself behind a big tree.

"Um, nothing. Can I ask you something?" Taehyung heard the sound of bicycle chain clacking agaisnt its frame.

"Go on."

"Why didn't you tell Taehyung that you got a decease like you did to me?"

Taehyung widened his eyes when he heard the word decease. He ignored the fact that Jungkook brought up a topic about him even though he knew his presence.

"Sheesh! Why are you bringing this up? This is just the past, get over it!"

"Okay okay, no big deal. But us three were equally best friends back then, before you left on this day two years ago for leukemia surgery."

"Jungkook!"

"Alright, alright. I'm just being curious." Jungkook chuckled.

"Thanks." Taehyung heard Chorong say to Jungkook and the possibly foot steps of Jungkook fading away.

Taehyung hurriedly ran to Chorong and grasped her hand, which was on the bicycle handle.

Chorong looked bewildered at Taehyung. She just slightly parted her lips but no word came out. She seemed to have known what was going on...

"I heard it. Why didn't you tell me? Why did you let me misunderstand things and throw so many tantrums at you for leaving me for two years long and then you came back acting like nothing ever happened? And we are not friends anymore..." Taehyung breathed in deeply after his long run of words slipping out of his tongue. He closed his eyes and opened then again, watching Chorong react.

"I am so sorry..." Chorong trailed off. She looked down, biting her lip.

"Just.. Why, Chorong? We were best friends, weren't we? And you even told Jungkook, but hid it behind my back! What did I do wrong!? Why did you have to leave on my birthday? Explain it all to me, and then you can go." Taehyung demanded.

Chorong hesitated for some seconds before heaving another sigh and started talking.

"I don't know myself, Taehyung. Althogh it didn't show from the outside, I was seriously sick back then and I thought I wouldn't have survived. So I didn't want to tell you. I... only informed a few friends and Jungkook as well. I don't know why but I just couldn't stand it, making you worry about me. It got worse before your birthday two years ago but I tried to maintain being with you and delay the surgery day until your birthday... but yeah... I couldn't make it. And even after I came back here, I didn't tell you. I thought that you are mad and hurt because I just dissappeared without telling you anything." Chorong slowly explained, observing Taehyung.

After a moment that felt like minutes, Taehyung sighed.

"Do you know how bad I felt when you were nowhere to be seen on my birthday?"

Chorong looked down, her head hanging low.

"Do you know how mad I felt when you came back and acted like it was no big deal? Like nothing ever happened? I was so pissed off." Taehyung kept rambling about the same thing yet he never felt enough. Those questions were always on his head, after all.

Chorong just looked further down and didn't dare to look up. She even shed some tears down her cheeks silently. When her shoulders started to jump up amd down, Taehyung held them steady with his firm hands.

"We are friends, Chorong. We are there for each other when bad things happen. That's what true friends do, Chorong!"

Chorong shook her head continously.

"Because of you, I couldn't focus on my srudy. I keep thinking about you. I feel mad for your sudden arrival and sorry for scolding you everytime you aproach me, at the same time! That is why I just decided moments ago, that I should just transfer school!"

"Taehyung, I love you!" Chorong blurted. She broke into tears all over again. "I'm sorry for causing you such emotions... I-"

Taehyung pulled Chorong in for a tight embrace, catching her by surprise.

"It's all over now. We are friends, Chorong. Aren't we?"

Chorong shook her head softly agaisnt his chest. Taehyung kissed her forehead lightly and hugged her again.

Everything finally felt right again. Everything had returned back to normal.

They had united together again. Their strong bond, which they didn't know was love, tied them back together.


Author's notes:

I am so sorry for the delay as I really am lack of time and idea from your request. This isn't something I could proudly say my best work but something I tried my best to potray the characters, within only 1.1k words (this is embarrassing omg.