T1. Kai/ OC

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Transferred story #1. Simple love (Kai/ OC) 150710 - 151213

Description

In which the very famous Kai falls for a girl that doesn't see him as an idol for once.

Foreword

A mysterious girl appears in Kai's life. She acts abnormally too normally towards the idol.

Sasaeng fans were waiting nearby the hotel, but luckily there were some business men going out the hotel too so I quickly and silently go along with them. I run for about 100 meters till I find a grocery store, where I buy some KFC, black soda drink, and breads.

"Excuse me?"
"You gave me 10000 Won but it only took less than 1000 Won."

***

"You must go right now (grabbing my wrist and pulling me). I have to go too, I hope next time I can see my favorite member… you’ve worked hard. Hwaiting! EXO jjang!" (she does the hwaiting with her hand raised and waves me goodbye, then comfortably walks her way home)


But. Was it that all? What will be connected between them?

“I like you”. I whisper to her ear so that only she can hear it. She seems startled and surprised, eyes widen.

“You like me?” She asks me for comfirmation. I quickly nod my head and continue.

“Do you like me back?”

“I…”

“You like Jongdae?”


 

Previous title: Is She My Fan?

Genre: Romance, Fluff, angst (major spoiler: sad ending)

Length: 8K words counting all my A/Ns.

Characters: You, Kai.

Rate: Maybe for the last chapters

This is a story from Kai's point of view.

Many thanks to Wind_rain for being a co-author who helps me edit my errors ^^

Credits:

Advertisement shop:

  • ❄ Hailyrain Advertisement Shop ❄

Poster shop:

Review Shop:

 

Author's notes: This was made out of boredom, that time I didn't even think about the plot. I marked this story completed once even it didn't end yet, just to show how seriously I was in fanfic writing back then lol. The original title was "Is She My Fan?" (...)


Visit my other stories | EXO stories | Kai stories

Chapter 1: The loudest shout

DAY #1

I have to admit, fame is cool but dangerous. Whenever famous people go out, they have paparazzi, fans, and sasaeng fans following closely behind. I’m very honored to be a member of EXO, but at this moment, I want to be normal, I just want to be Kim Jongin.
I have been staying at the hotel near a Radio Broadcast Station since this morning. Tomorrow I have to move to the next workplace. It was a long day today; sitting and listening to people complain which just gave me a headache. Which leads me to the decision of going outside, letting the manager sleep (it’s already 23:30), for some fresh air, and some food, I’m starving.
Sasaeng fans were waiting nearby the hotel, but luckily there were some business men going out the hotel too so I quickly and silently go along with them. I run for about 100 meters till I find a grocery store, where I buy some KFC, black soda drink, and breads.
Yes, the moment finally comes. The girls appear out of nowhere and rush all the way towards me, yelling my name, maybe I was busted and they followed me all the way here. No time to think, I walk my way back to the hotel,  trying to keep calm, look down, and hope that my mask does its justice.
"KAI! KAI! OPPA! OPPA!"
"WAIT! PLEASE LOOK AT ME!"
"PLEASE SIGN A PHOTOGRAPH OPPA!"
"I’VE COME ALL THE WAY JUST TO MEET YOU!"
"LOOK AT MY CAMERA KAI OPPA!"
That, to me, is even scarier than paparazzi. I love my fans to shout out loud like this at a concert, but definitely not here. I’m sorry, fans, I can’t always be a superman or EXO alien, right now I want to be a human, a normal human, I want to be Kim Jongin.
I’m about to give up, the road seems so long, I feel like I’m stuck with these girls. My headache just won’t stop hurting me. They’re too noisy…
Suddenly a super loud voice from meters away came through my ears, makes this the loudest voice I’ve ever heard:
"GIRLS! THAT GUY’S FAKE! I SAW KAI AND KYUNGSOO WALKING THAT WAY! HURRY! THEY’RE RUNNING AWAY SOON!"
In seconds I thought about couple KaiSoo on the internet nowadays, oh wait what am I thinking, lol.
Just when I realize how grateful I am to the girl, she already joined the sasaeng; they are running like crazy towards the opposite direction.
"REALLY?!! WE THOUGHT THAT SUSPICIOUS GUY WAS KAI OPPA!"
"MAYBE WE’RE WRONG! KAI OPPA NEVER LEAVES HIS MANAGER!"
Thank you, dear, for misdirecting them. I kiss my lucky bracelet and go on, the road seems much nicer, I enjoy my walk and the fresh air in the middle of the night as the noise slowly disappears.

 

 

I stop by the bridge of Han River to watch the beautiful scenery that I usually have no time to enjoy.
Minutes later, someone pats my shoulder, with a familiar voice:
"You forgot your change, sir. Good thing you are still around here."
This is exactly the same voice who misdirected the fans, husky and kind of high-pitched, although this time, it’s not loud at all. I turn my back to face the person. She has single-eyelids, round face, short hair like a boy, but she doesn’t look “manly”, she is still feminine looking and cute due to her short height. She looks at me with bright smile.
"Excuse me?"
"You gave me 10000 Won but it only took less than 1000 Won."
So this girl is the shopkeeper, seriously I should have looked at my wallet but I thought I only keep 1000-Won banks…"
"Thank you (taking the money from her hand), for two things."
"But what is the other thing? I just… ohhh, you noticed that?"
"Your voice is unique."
"Really?" (she laughs)
"But I would have gone to my hotel. Why did you try so hard to help me?"
"That’s OK. I’m going home anyway, I finished my work for today. I was sleepy and when I found out the fans’ screams I just acted, but it killed my voice though. You must go to your hotel now. You are tired. The girls *cough* are gone *cough* but we never know when they would get back here." *cough* *cough*
"You must have screamed hard."
"I can take care of myself. Thanks." *cough*
"Try salt water."
"That sounds good, *cough* thank you Jongin-ssi."
Not oppa? OK… but she looks freaking young.
"You must go right now (grabbing my wrist and pulling me). I have to go too, I hope next time I can see my favorite member… you’ve worked hard. Hwaiting! EXO jjang!" (she does the hwaiting with her hand raised and waves me goodbye, then comfortably walks her way home)
I walk my way too.
She shouted her best to save me. I’m thankful, and a bit confused. She cared that I’m tired, which was very kind of her. However she wasn’t mentioning anything like giving autographs and taking photos. I’m not her “favorite member”. She treated me like… um… normal.
My thoughts and I get tired and automatically go to the land of dreams, with a 10000 Won bank, a glass of water, and Kyungsoo’s face too…

 

BV0f6oMCYAEwOeI.jpg


Author’s notes:
- It took me more than 1 hour and more than 1 hour to rewrite as all data lost O.O (just 470 words, I … I know that… so don’t mention it again lmao)
- I’ll update this story when my ideas pop out.
- If you happen to read this boring story please leave a comment~~ thank you

woooo! 0.9K words in total. I guess it's OK for a short chapter for today.
Minah is not the girl's name I don't ship Kai x Minah or something (no, not in this fic lol), I was browsing and discovered this tomboy-looking celebrity.

I'm lack of ideas these days so I'm going to do this fic the shortest and most romantic I can do.

Written date: 150717

I think it would be logical to imply two first chapter into one big chapter since it's DAY #1.

Chapter 2: Rain

DATE #16

The comeback stage finally came. When we arrive, the road is wet because of the hard rain, but still some fans wait outside. When we finish performing and go out, it’s raining cats and dogs, plus it’s really windy and cold so there’s no one walking around here.

Despite that, there’s a tomboy-looking girl, sitting on the bench taking shelter from the rain, with her arms hugging herself and her legs crossed. And that’s no one other than the Savior, let’s call her that.

I ask my manager to wait for me.

"Hyung, just a minute, she’s my friend."

"OK *he frowns*, but hurry."

"I know".

I take an umbrella and run to her. When I get close to the shelter she doesn’t notice.

"Why you still here?"

"Um… Can I help you?"

I take off my surgical mask, but when it goes halfway done she immediately stands up, using both hands she adjusts my surgical mask to its original position again.

"What is the surgical mask for? Don’t you know?"

The water from the umbrella drips to her skinny sweater as she stands right under the umbrella’s plastic tip so I naturally pull her waist close to me. She holds onto my arm to keep balance. Our eyes meet for a short period. She is so close to me that I can even see tiny pimples on her cheeks. She quickly steps out of the umbrella’s area.

"There’s no one around."

"Man… you never know".

"Why are you here?"

"To cheer for EXO, duh? Seriously… I was standing so close to the stage. I bet the camera was more ‘attractive’ huh?"

"Not going home?"

"In this weather?"

"Umbrella?"

"Hey! Don’t talk down to me. Use honorifics! I’m older than you!"

"Really? I mean… noona?"

She laughs hard.

"You called me noona? Such an honor! We get close in a weird way you know… Well, I didn’t bring enough money to buy one, honestly it’s just enough for bus."

"…"

"Thank you for caring about me, your fans must be jealous haha."

"It is sort of required… noona."

She laughs harder.

"You are too cute, Jongin ah. I can call you that, right?"

"It’s OK."

"HEY! JONGIN AH! LET’S GO NOW!"

Jongdae joins us. He greets the Savior and her cheeks just get red suddenly.

"You must be his friend?"

"Huh? Oh… sure. So we are friends". *she glances at me and smiles*.

"First take my…"

"Don’t you have an umbrella? Here, take my umbrella and go home safely".

"Are you sure? Thank you so much oppa! I’m your huge fan!"

"Really? Ah thank you."

He hands her his umbrella and he waves to her and she waves back to him, like I’m invisible already.

DAY #32

Today my schedule is finally a bit free and I feel like going to the noona’s grocery shop, since I’m quite near it, and it’s night, just like the first day we met.

I try to let the manager sleep still and leave him a note saying “I’ll go to buy something to eat”. Then I walk to the grocery store, kind of nervous feelings, what her reactions will be like.

When I come in, the atmosphere is quiet (of course, it’s night already), still some people walking around. I take a lemonade, stop by the resting table, and sit down. She sees me, then smirks, a friendly smirk.

When all people are gone, she walks to me.

"It’s been a long time huh?

"Yeah. *I nod, smile at her, even though I’m wearing a surgical mask.

"Now get out, sir.

"Huh?

"We’re closed. My work is done. My tiring night shift, duh. *she says, jokingly*. And sir, You don’t need to buy lemonade if you won't wear off your surgical mask. People will notice even more."

I burst out laughing.

"You got a point!"

We go out and walk together to the bridge. It’s beautiful, the scenery.

"Anything interesting to tell?"

"I told you to call me noona!"

"You called Jongdae oppa, so you must be 93-liner right? What’s your birthday?"

"You’re gonna kill me for this… My birthday is the last day of December… aka the last day of year".

"2 weeks apart… you’re surely going to die". *I grab her shoulder and raise my hand like I’m going to hit her*

"But technically I’m one year older" *she’s laughing so hard*

I ‘release’ her. She’s funny.

"And what’s your name?

"Min Ki. Lee Min Ki". (*)

"Oh, cool name you have."

"Thank you. Oh! I almost forgot! Chen oppa’s umbrella was broken! While I was walking to the bus station half way there, it’s broken by the wind! That day’s weather was no joke."

"Really? You must have gotten sick for that."

"It’s OK. I got wet a bit but there’s nothing more."

Such a liar. I can remember her clothes that day properly.

"It’s OK to Jongdae too. He’s totally forgot that day though."

As expected she hits me like crazy, I turn my back and suddenly her fist hits my hurt spot near the shoulder.

"Ah!"

She stops. Her face turns pale.

"You’re hurt? Is it from practice, or performing?"

"Performing."

"Take some plasters at least."

"No need to."

"Don’t want fans to notice?"

"Uh huh."

"You’re crazy."

"Thank you."

We laugh together.

"Aren’t you tired?"

"I’m used to staying up late."

"You dummy, have some rest whenever you can."

"But I wouldn’t have met you again."

"You really look at me as a friend huh."

"Do you mind?"

"Of course not. I’m happy, being a celebrity’s friend." She smiles warmly, I can feel my cheeks flushing slightly.


Author’s note:  Thank you for sticking around! 4 subs!
(*) Lee Min Ki is a name I got from a fun quiz and yes it’s just by accident this name is the same with a hot Korean actor lol.
Today sasaeng fans don’t know where he’s at. What a relief :)))))
So Kai and the Saver have their early skinship in chap 2! Lol.
I marked the story completed but no it's not~~ I once got tired of this story and no inspiration haha. Although no readers around I will finish it for sure. :))
The Saver loves Chen. Now it's good to know so soon ^^

1K words!
Written date: 150722
Written date: 150727

Chapter 3: Male Friend and Danger

"Are you fine? You sound tired."

"I’m always tired, that’s why I’m going to resign my job in the grocery store."

"Really?"

"Uh"

"So… why?"

"You won’t believe this but… I’m being harassed, those drunk jerks say I’m beautiful… Kind of."

She is beautiful, to be honest.

"Don’t just stare at me like that, Jongin ah."

"Even when you dress and cut your hair short like a tomboy?"

"Uh huh. I tried to look like a tomboy but it doesn’t help much. I’m sick of this already. It’s been months. Gosh I don’t know where to apply a new part-time job. I’m running out of money."

"Must be a deadlock that led her to being a tomboy."

"Can’t you switch shifts?"

"I only have free time at night, since I’m a college student I have classes and such".

"You’re that poor?"

"Uh huh."

Silence.

"Give me your number."

"Why?"

"I don’t know anything about you but your work place."

"Oh sure. Yeah! Friends must have contact! But wow, can’t believe that you ask for it though."

Yes, I don’t usually.

"I can’t believe a normal girl like me can be friends with you. Really. But I can never talk about my friend Kai, they wouldn’t believe what I say". *smiles*

Sometimes, the most normal thing becomes the most special one, that’s why.

"It’s late now, I gotta go. You better go home… Oh shoot. You know what I mean, friend."

"It’s OK. But it’s too late now, I can take you home. Some 'drunk jerks' would be wandering around."

"Really?" *her eyes sparkle*

"Yeah. Since you said that your house was near here."

We walk for about 5 minutes and stop by a building.

"You have an apartment?"

"With two other girls. I can’t afford to pay the whole thing my own."

"You and your parents live apart?"

"Yeah… they’re far away, I don’t even know… (looking at my confused face) Alright, my parents left me since I was born, that means I’m an orphan."

"… I’m sorry for bringing it up."

"That’s OK."

Her face turns kind of red. I pat her head, her hair gently. She smiles back and take a handkerchief, then wipes my face.

"It’s hot isn’t it? Plus you wearing that surgical mask…"

Later that night when I go to bed, I text her:

'Have a good night, friend.'

DAY #63

I got up early today. Min Ki texted me, telling me that she was moving to another apartment. I haven’t texted a lot, but I’m gonna try to text this time.

‘You’re moving to where?’

‘You don’t usually text… according to ‘Kai’s facts’ on the internet… keke. And yeah I’m moving to an apartment pretty close to my current one. My roommates moved out as they bought their own house now (they’re siblings… so jealous awwwww). So yeah I’m now staying in my friend’s apartment, gonna move out soon, he has a girlfriend ~~’

I stop texting back as I’m amazed now that I know she’s such a tomboy. But really, how can a girl be so comfortable around boys like that? Well I do have female friends but heck this is a matter of sharing a living space, not just hanging out! But now I’m considering more about the jealousy thing, she sure is jealous, being from an orphanage and such…

And yes, I can just call her and ask right away, I don’t usually like to take time to tap on the phone’s keyboard. What is so good about it? But now I don’t want to talk directly, a part of me is telling me not to, I am somehow a bit nervous.

‘Be careful then, girls are jealous freaks’. I realize lately that she’s a girl too, shoot.

‘OK thanks, have a good day! Tell Chen oppa that I’m sincerely sorry for his umbrella; will you?’ She sent another message with a funny-looking sticker which didn’t lighten me up at all. She brought that up again…

DAY #88

The fans are so enthusiastic, well, as usual. We have a concert in Bangkok today, all the performances went well (except for my silly mistake during Overdose… the stage was a little slippery). Now we are leaving the stage after sending fans goodbyes, heart shapes and ect.

I’m removing my make-up as my phone rings. I’ve the normal mode lately, because Minki always complained about not receiving a reply after waiting for so long (is 3 days long? And why would I need to reply to her dumb questions, such as what Jongdae was doing that day and that week and such). Listening to someone complain, is a pain in the head.

Again, the phone keeps ringing, so it must be a call. I reach the phone and look at the screen, it’s Minki! This is the first call ever, between me and her. We never had reasons to call anyway, texting some chit chat is normally enough. But she’s calling, I wonder why. I slowly slide the screen and hold it on my ear.

“Hello?” The answer from the other line surprises me as it was as loud as the fans’ screams right hours ago.

“JONGIN AH! I THINK I’VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!”

“What?” She’s kidnapped but she shouts like that? Whoever the criminal is, I don’t think he’s going to let her scream like that.

“I’VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!” The voice seems terrified and cracked, so much I have to move it farther from my ear.

“You think? Is anybody around you?”

“Well, no! That’s why I’m calling for help!” Before I can reply back she has already hung up.


Author's Note: Hope you guys don't mind if I imply two chapters together yet again to make it a ~1K-word chapter!

Chapter 4: Was she really kidnapped?

DAY #90

Due to the heavy schedules we have, I have to put everything personal aside, including my phone, even though I am really worried and eager to know what happened to her that night.

Luckily, we’ve just finished our ongoing concerts overseas, and we are now heading to Korea for a day off. Immediately, I think about going to Minki’s apartment. Although I’m tired and want to visit my family and my dear pets after not having seen them for so long, I just can’t stay still and give no attention to a friend who was, according to what she said; kidnapped.

But the point is; I don’t even know her address! Picking up my phone and dialing her number with a little hope that she may answer, I wait and listen to the ringtone. Definitely Chen’s voice. But I’m not sure what the title is. Best Luck maybe? The thought came out so randomly and annoyingly to discover another thing Minki does to show her idol crush.

The thought was cut off as the ringtone stopped playing and a husky voice was heard through my phone.

“Hello? Is that Jongin?” I’m sure this is the calm usual voice she has. But what about the kidnap thing?

“Where are you now?” I ask, not sure what to ask since it’s getting more and more confusing. She said she was kidnapped! And now she’s answering to me like nothing happened, maybe she was rescued then?

“What nonsense are you asking now you brat? Go to sleep now, it’s 12AM already!” Said the harsh girl who doesn’t seem to be sleepy now. I roll my eyes, wondering what she’s doing.

“Can I come to your apartment? Noona ~~” I stressed the last word, a bit cutely and sarcastically as well. I know what she will answer. Having met her for a couple of times, I know that she’s caring, in spite of the harsh words she pulls out, she has good intensions.

“Come on Kim jongin! I’ve got enough business to take care of! Now is not the time for joking! Go to sleep for my sake alright!?” She hangs up just like that; causing me burst out laughing.

Now that I pay more attention to the last conversation with her that night. She sounded a bit off tune and befuddled, maybe she was drunk? Maybe she stayed at another friend’s house and babbling nonsense! If she had really got kidnapped, she wouldn’t have talked in that way to me just now.

I text her, ‘Whatever you’re doing, stop right now and go to sleep~. About the kidnapped thing, explain to me later OK? Curious to death here!’.

‘What kidnap? OK we really need to talk later. Thanks btw, goodnight dancing machine!’ The message clearly shows that she wasn’t kidnapped, well, what the hell was I going nuts these 2 days then? Sighing in relief, I put my phone to my pocket along with my hand; the weather is kind of cold these nights!

DAY #108

It’s getting busier and busier, concerts, fan meetings, cf and photo shootings, practice overnight, I’ve never had a good break time lately, which is stressing me out. Hyungs and Sehun all are the same as me, although we do joke and chat and fool around, we’re still tired.

Today is Sunday, every member has their individual/ paired schedule to do, and I’m free but still go to the company to practice dancing, as usual. Before the sky falls dark, I take the opportunity to call Minki – who texted saying that she doesn’t have anything to do, at least at this particular moment. So I texted her to come to the company building. She excitedly accepted my invitation, through some funny stickers and emoticons.

I come out in front of the building to wait. To my surprise, she managed to arrive in 5 minutes by a taxi, she hurriedly runs towards the building, her milky white face turns pale and she is now panting heavily next to me. I shook my head in amusement, patting her back slightly as she is kneeling down.

“I never told you to rush, Minki.” I lead the way to access to the building with my handprints. “Technology these days is no joke!” She gasps in surprise.

I beam, not knowing what to respond to that.

We go to the elevator to the highest floor and enter the rooftop after going up several stairs. As we settle ourselves and sit with our backs leaning on the wall, Minki breaks the silence.

“Oh my, the building is impressive! Invite me again sometimes, I love being high!” Minki still drops her jaw to show her amazed impression.

“Been a while since seeing you” I say, looking at the sky now getting dark. October is such a month when the sun rises later and sets sooner than usual.

“To meet a star like you so many times is such an unimaginable thing in my life though.” Minki glances over me, curling up her lips to form a smile.

“So… what do we do here? A rooftop is best when it’s daytime, not when it’s night though.” Minki again breaks the silence, her shoulder starting to shiver and pulling her coat tighter. Maybe it’s going to snow for the first time of the year soon.

“I often go here to practice choreography.” I confess, feeling really comfortable around this girl, she’s got an aura that makes me feel that way. Opening up to her wouldn’t be bad, since these days my celeb friends or non-celeb friends don’t have much time to spend with me, and here she is, a new interesting friend.

“Glad to hear that. And here’s the only place I can meet with you, anyways.” She lets out a soft chuckle. “It’s a shame, I can’t come here until very late in spring, haha.”

“Mind telling me about the kidnap thing?” I change the topic as it’s the thing I want to talk about.


Status: 1k words

Chapter 5: She asked me what?

“Oh, that. But kidnap? Who said?” She looks honestly confused. The way her brows lift up is amusing, her lips pressing to a firm line makes her face cute.

“You were drunk that night then.” It can’t be wrong, because she seems to realize the fact.

“Oh? I was indeed some night back then. I went out to celebrate my new apartment with some friends. They made me drink so much.” She shrugged easily.

“So you got a new apartment and you were too drunk to acknowledge it as your place and you thought you were kidnapped?” I grin mockingly at her. The fact that she’s drunk and mistook her own place is funny.

“Ha, ha, ha, funny.” She pouts and turns her head to face me closer. ” I don’t remember anything after a drunken night, don’t make a fuss”.

“That’s real I swear!” I look at her and pull myself closer to her. “But why did you call me? It’s the worst option you know.” My head sinks in thoughts. Maybe because she… likes me?

At that Minki stops her current ‘angry’ face, she rolls her eyes to other direction but to me. I can see her cheeks redden even more. Oh right, it’s getting colder and colder, I must have noticed it sooner.

“St-stop looking at me!” Minki stutters, not daring to stare at me, but still feeling my darts to her.

“Why don’t you answer?” I move even closer, the distance between our faces is just too close for a proper interaction. She lowers her head and pulls me with her hand on my chest, although it doesn’t work out much.

“It’s just… maybe…” Minki looks up to directly face me, our eyes meet in a sudden, I startle a bit at that but remain myself close to her to , although I’m not sure what she’s coming up. Am I guessing right?

“I feel safe when I’m around you”.

There she goes, making me all heat up and taken aback at her words. It’s just so sincere, those things she just said.

“Don’t… look at me like that, Kim Jongin”. Minki takes her hand off my chest, which makes me feel slightly down suddenly.

It’s true that I sometimes give people intense gaze whilst listening to them.

“So… why?” I keep staring at her, trying to not sound amused nor serious at the same time.

“You… from that day…” She murmurs, almost too quiet to catch her words. But I don’t understand it anyway. I chuckle, being even more curious.

“What day?” She stands up and goes near the corridor, head tilting in wonder.

“I think it’s snowing… oh yes it is!” She squeals in excitement. Just seconds before she was so quiet but considering now, I have to admit, this girl is really special.

Seconds later, the first traits of snow finally appear above our heads. It’s rare for me to watch the very first snowflakes, or since I joint the industry to be exact.

Minki keeps on ‘fangirling’ about the beautiful scene and when she turns to me to seek for agreement, the awkward eye contact comes again. Well, mostly because she isn’t used to my gaze yet that’s why.

Minki breaks the eye contact but I’m still staring at her, it’s been a while since I last stared at a girl this much. She clears and whispers, to which I react frozen.

“That rainy day.”

That rainy day? Is she referring to that moment when I made her body closer to me? It’s just for a moment and she feels like that to me? Safe?  Her face is so bright and determined this time, she looks relieved after letting out the words, but somehow in seconds she frowns.

“What’s wrong? You’re cold? Let’s go, I’ll call a taxi for you.” I suggest as her body seems to be shivering a little hard. But it doesn’t seem to be the main problem. She shakes her head, then slowly takes full breaths, she turns to face me.

“Have you had ?” She’s staring at me as if she is ready to kill me anytime.

My face feels like burning. Of all the questions… why this?

“What?” I ask, although I know I heard things correctly.

She doesn’t reply, her accusing look is remained in her face, stiffly.

“All of a sudden…” I stop as she stares angrily at me. Should I answer her? Why did she make up this situation anyway?

Before I could make up my mind, she cuts me off. Her face turns calm but still cold.

“Sorry for bringing that up, you can remain silence.” She states, her hand pats my shoulder as a snowflake sticks to my coat.

“I’ve got to go, my night shift is waiting.” Her voice weak but I manage to catch her words, my head still bewildered to what happened so I just lead her down to the road, waving her goodbye. The atmosphere between us is still awkward, I can’t say anything to her as well as Minki.

Later at night, I ask for her new address and her new workplace, she then replies me quickly, but this time, there is not a single emoticon.

What was that? She likes me? So she wants to know my ‘ity status’? Scratch that. No, of course not. But… what is the reason then? But, why do I think she likes me? I want her to actually like me?

I think, just maybe, I like her.


A/N: Such a cliché! I know XD Although I couldn’t find a more polite question to ask. Minki is not that rude though ~~

Status: 1k words

Chapter 6: Confession

DAY #135

I now hold the group’s record of texting speed, or at least that’s what I think. These days I always bring my phone with me and regularly text Minki. I don’t tell others about her, even with my precious hyungs and Hun. They won’t do anything good when they find out about her anyway.  After that awkward day, we avoid that topic, I’ve decided to mention it only when we meet face to face, as in term of seeing her reaction so that I can find out a suitable way to bring up the ‘awkward’ topic’.

She told me she still kept the job at the grocery store, same night shift as before, same drunk guys still wandered around but she is somehow dealing with them by going home hand in hand with a friend of hers, that friend, he also works on night shifts  but in a car-washing station nearby. Hand in hand? I didn’t even have a chance to hold her hand! Wait, what am I thinking?

Today is the day we hold our fan meeting, to which she told to me that she would definitely attend. She said she would love to meet her favorite idol again after her first time ever last year. Sigh. Whatever.

So here we are, sitting at a long table and signing, interacting non-stop with every types of fans: nervous, shy, overly excited, crying, funny, noona, mother fans… until one scent hits my nose, this scent is not from a product, it’s natural, it’s Minki’s, fresh and cool scent, which distinguished strongly with other perfume scents, which I thought, were supposed to be on every woman. And Minki’s a woman indeed; although her hair is not that long, it just reached lower of her chin. It’s lucky that she grows her hair, thanks to a certain friend. But he still annoys me, despite me not knowing his figure or his face.

Minki stands in front of me and smiles at me in a hurried pace, before I can even make a gesture in response, she turns to another direction none other than Jongdae’s. Does Jongdae recognize her?

Minki waves at ‘her oppa’ in excitement and smiles brightly at him, maybe the brightest smile I’ve ever seen her. But the thing is, no, Jongdae doesn’t seem to recognize the poor noona fan.

I can’t focus anymore as a noona fan is talking to me and asking me for my autograph. When I’m done, my mind gets a free time to think about her face frowning and disappointed, that turns out to be so true as I turn to her. I knew it! And she seems persistent to ask Chen Chen all over and over again about that rainy day.

She glances at me when I can’t control my laughter anymore. She makes a gesture of warning to me then turns to Jongdae right after, no more? That’s hurt.

I let out a chuckle and shook my head in amusement. Trying to catch up what a new fan is saying.

DAY #155

Today we have a special stage on Music Bank; I’m now in a waiting room. I don’t know what to do now, pretty boring, but still, I practice my solo dance moves, while letting a staff fix my clothes, until I notice…

“Minki!” I almost yelled out but luckily every member is busy and not even one notices the sudden loud voice.

“Shoo!” Minki chuckles, she is wearing a black cap and a coat and normal jeans which make her a true regular staff I usually see. What’s she doing here?

“What are you doing here?” I ask, confused, no way she is…

“I’m working of course. Stop that face dude, I just work for a friend of mine, she’s sick today.” Minki grins upon seeing my face completely dumbfounded.

“Is this not your first time working for your friend?”

“Well, this is probably the first, not mentioning that time when I went here with her to meet my favorite idol”, she smiles shyly and wanders her eyes to Jongdae, probably in her own dreamland now. I snap her head weakly.

“Yah! This is not the best shirt, find other one for me!” Until I realize how childish the way I complained, the sentence already came out of my mouth.

She’s taken aback at what I said, but then keeps her face neutral and nods her head.

“Wait here, though I’m super upset you don’t call me noona anymore, Jongin ah!” She teases me, leading her way to find another shirt. She takes a black shirt, same color as what I’m wearing now but with a design. She chooses well.

I take off the current shirt while waiting for her to come. I hand her the shirt and take the new shirt. Her face gets a little red and she looks faint.

“What’s wrong?” I ask; having no idea what’s going on.

She asks the other staff who are fixing clothes for other boys.

“They change clothes publicly? Seriously…” The staff giggles at her question and Minki just shakes her head, tilting her head to other side and staring at anything but me. Oh… she’s shy.

“Help me with the buttons” I command, wanting to a bit, while pretending to fix my mic. She seems timid and shy than her usual self and nods lightly, her hands reaching my shirt. She hesitates, still avoiding my eyes, her hands shaky. It tickles my stomach in a comforting way, giving me goose bumps as well, another sign showing that I like her. She goes to the highest button and her eyes meet mine, she stops for a while before lifting her hands off my chest. She seems really shy by now.

It makes me soften and I don’t feel like standing anymore, the mic I was ‘trying’ to fix is now in a messy state. Minki notices it too.

“Get ready EXO! You have your performance coming in one minute!” The staff calls out to us; I quicken my pace and break the eye contact, trying to fix the mic for real. But it just doesn’t work!

“Let me do it for you.” She tiptoes to reach to my height but her petite body can only meet my nose. She’s too short. I smile in a silly way.

“What you laughing at Jongin, the stage is ready!” She reminds me as her hand stops ‘playing’ with my ear, her other hand moves away from my arm, which begins to miss the touch.

We head back to the waiting room and I’m not fast enough so Minki ends up ‘stuck’ with Kyungsoo. She smiles so warmly while pulling off his shirt for him and wipe the sweat on his face. I was supposed to be the one!

After we have changed to our usual clothes to head to the next place to record for Dream Team, I rush to Minki. This is probably the time to do this.

“Minki, I have something to tell you”. Minki raises her eyebrow.

“What do you think of me?” I ask shortly, because there’s really no time left, Lay is about to come out the bathroom soon.

“Um… What? All of a sudden what are you…”

“I like you”. I whisper to her ear so that only she can hear it. She seems startled and surprised, eyes widen.

“You like me?” She asks me for comfirmation. I quickly nod my head and continue.

“Do you like me back?”

“I…”

“You like Jongdae?”

“He’s my idol that’s all” She slowly lets out the words. So at least she doesn’t like Jongdae romantically.

“And what about me?”

“Jongin I… I…” She can’t say it?

“You like me right?” I ask directly, making her blush even more, I caress her cheeks and kiss her forehead for the first time. My lips brush her skin lightly and I pull off, seeing her teary eyes. Her teary eyes… What?


Author’s note: Every chapter just seems like a filler. OMG what do I do?

Status: 1.3K words

Chapter 7: The sudden reveal on my birthday

DAY #178

It feels like months since her last message ‘I don’t like you, Jongin ah, I’m sorry’ was sent to me. I have my schedules to fill in the empty-headed me; this is not the first time I got rejected. But the last time was so long ago and now the pain gets even harder and more intense than I can remember. Minki is like a wind to me, a strange, fresh wind that blew my feelings, she taught me how to like someone again after such long time, and she had me feeling nervous whenever I’m around her. But she doesn’t feel the same way towards me. I’m just a normal person to her.

I don’t know what to reply so I left her message ‘unread’ until now. She doesn’t try to text me since then. Maybe our friendship is no more anymore. It’s all my fault. I messed things up; if only I hadn’t told her I like her, she would have been happy to see me wandering around her workplace now.

I even don’t have the chance to say a single sentence “happy birthday” to her. It passed just like that.

I hopelessly put the issues to the side; maybe I can forget her quickly. Maybe this is just a light crush. It won’t hurt much, I guess. Just… forget about her, Kim Kai, you can do it.


DAY #180

Today we have a celebration party for our continuous wins on our latest single. It’s just amazing being this successful. My fellow members and I all go to a private karaoke and party all night, as far as I remember, because I drank a lot. I’m happy about the wins so I drink. It’s just that  there are some feelings inside me that want to get drunk too.

The night just passed by without me remembering what happened…

But I dreamt a dream.

In the dream, I went to Minki’s apartment. I banged the door loudly and seconds later she let me in surprised and worried. She asked if something bad happened that got me drunk but I didn’t bother to answer. She asked me why I went to her place but again, no response. I couldn’t walk properly and she had to support me in her arms and she put me on the sofa. A few minutes later I felt her hands removing my jacket, a warm blanket on my whole body and a warm wet tower kept clashing my face and neck.

When I didn’t feel the tower anymore, I reached the person’s hand whose I believe belonged to Minki. She refused me first but then she didn’t fight back anymore. I could hear her deep sigh. A hand ran through my hair. It’s patting my head comfortingly, it lightly, a soothing feeling. But I didn’t want to sleep away from that dream, I wrapped her other hand and pulled her closer abruptly but making sure it’s not too forced and strong.

“Why did you leave me like that?” I whispered with my eyes still closing, they were too lazy and tired to open.

She didn’t speak out again… as expected. I slowly trail my hand from her wrist, up to her arm, then her shaking shoulder, and then her neck, when she shivered for a moment, then her cheeks. Then I moved to the back of her head. I pulled her closer until I could hear her breath brushing against my face. What a seductive invitation.

The only thing I remembered next was her lips against mine.

I wake up, eyes lazily squinting because of the sunlight. Then I quickly take a quick check on where I am right now. It’s not a familiar place. Not my house, not my dorm. What did I do last night? I drank and-

“Thank god you wake up soon. I don’t have to skip anymore of my classes.” A familiar voice speaks out; I turn to the voice source.

“Minki.” My heart skipped a beat. So… the dream last night…?

“Come here. I prepared breakfast.” She gestures me to the kitchen. I remove the blanket and stretch out my hands, then my back.

“You are wife materials you know.” I say, half teasing as looking to the food she prepared. I can’t hold back a smirk, she glares at me, but then breaks out a smile.

“Yeah yeah whatever.” She hands me a fork and a spoon.

We eat in silence. Sometimes I steal quick glances at her but it’s so weird that every time I do so, she does as well. Silent and awkward.

When we are done eating, she starts talking.

“I called your manager. He will come in a short time.”

“Did he say anything?”

“No. I said I am your friend so he didn’t say anything more.” At this, her voice sounds shaky and worried. Are we even friends now? But what about the kiss last night? Did she like it? Because I don’t remember being rejected.

“Hey, about last…” We hear a door bell ringing.

“Your manager I guess.” Minki says and leaves her seat to go open the door.

After a few seconds she returns, nodding at me as comfirmation. I nod back and stand up. Before I am about to make a step, her eyes widen as if she recalled something.

“Wait! I have something for you.” She runs out of the kitchen. I just stand there and look around, confused, until I spot my jacket hanging in the living room.

“Minki! I found it! You don’t have to…” Before I finish my sentence, I realize it wasn’t about my jacket. Oh?

“What’s that, Minki?” She appears with a small bag.

“Just take it! But remember you can only open it in 6 days!” She says, handing me the bag which was covered and can’t be seen through. I slowly receive it while thinking it out. 6 days from today… could it be… my birthday! But… why does she have to give it so fast?

“So you are busy on that day?” I ask. She suddenly looks sad and rolls her eyes to avoid eye contact. I tilt my head to face her.

“Go now! The manager is waiting.” She says after a few seconds of silence. What is it? Is she hiding something from me? It doesn’t feel right. What is she hiding from me?

I quickly go out to greet my manager, saying sorry to him and we keep our ‘business’ talk. I just have a quick nod at her. She waves at me before I turn my back to her.

“So lucky I brought a jacket. Here, wear it. You have a lot to do today; you have to go to…”

 

THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I MET HER.


The letter:

"Dear my lil crush,

First, let me tell you how grateful I am, as well as your family, your fellows, and your fans that you were born on Earth. You have to live well, maybe you have heard it a lot but I mean it, okay? Happy birthday! (If you obeyed what I said then its Jan 14th isn't it?)

For your information, I knitted this scarf myself! Yes baby! It's my first time though, I struggled a lot but luckily, I got it done in 2 months. I think black suits you but it would be too simple so I combined it with white lines. You know, like in Harry Potter, if you ever watched the series.

And I know I'm weird because winter(?) is over but I really want a scarf as a present so I made one for you. Hopefully you'll like it and keep it for the next winter!

So... that's all of the birthday thingy. Now let's move to the side thing shall we? It's about my strange behaviors that you might have detected.

Do you remember Song Young Eun? She's my bestie next door.

She's an old classmate of yours in high school. She is now in a broken status. She had a beautiful little daughter, whose dad left them ever since she had with him. What a poor destiny she got huh? I really want to kill that bastard when I find him.

She loved you back then, if you didn't know. She loved you so bad, that when the school trip came, she got so drunk and woke up, , there was only one person lying beside her. It's you, Jongin.

She told me that you were as well. She didn't wake you up. She left you there, so sure that she had with you, which I believed at first. But after meeting you, I changed my mind.

You were so sweet and caring toward me. Would a person like you do such thing? I don't think so. Do you have any ideas who are the potential suspects?

I can't trust my instincts though; it's my best friend after all. So I stole a hair from your comb (when I was still a staff, I'm sorry, my friend was not sick, that's my only lie I ever told you though) and analysed it. The result was a firm answer to all the chaos. It wasn't you.

But can I just go and tell her that the Kai she was always waiting for is not the child's father after all? If only I could find that bastard to tell her the whole truth I accidentally found. But she will just get more solemn.

And if I keep you, if I accept your confession, it's wrong. How can I date someone my bestie loved all these times? I feel like I'm doing the worst sin ever.

I don't think you're serious or sincere about your feelings now. I'm maybe just a light wind to you. Because sorry, Jongin, I changed my number and my address.

All the things I've told you were true.

And the last true thing I want to tell,

I LOVE YOU.

I won't ever forget you.

Minki."


Author's Note: Critiques are welcomed :)) I know it's bad myself. I know I didn't pay much enthusiasm to it. I hope in the next projects I will do better. ^^

So the story has ended to its finest. My first experience of writing. It's not hard to write fictions though. The hard thing is how to write well :) I now know how hard it is to create a good story. Blame myself for being dorky and immature brat in my reviews. *T_T*

Status: 1.8K words! haha sudden 'long' chapter at last!