18. Suga/ IU

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request #18. bloopgloop - (Suga/ IU) 160303 - 160809

(I used exact pictures you requested ^^ although I flipped IU's picture so they would look better together ^^)
Your request was: Lee Jieun is a new student at her high school. There, she becomes friends with a lot of people, and quickly becomes one of the most popular girls in the school. She especially becomes good friends with BTS, but she finds interest in Suga, who is cold and never talks. She falls in love with him over time, and so does Suga. However, he can't see how such a perfect girl can like a guy like him. Suga believes himself to be a monster, and he swears that he won't dirty an angel like her. However, Jieun doesn't care, and she just knows that she loves him.

*If you look at the Original I Need You MV, V kills his father. If you portray Suga to be that character, that would be great.*

romance, angst, good ending, 3rd POV,
IU: 19 years old, she is innocent, pure, and naive. She is sweet, and quickly becomes popular between her peers. She sees the best in everything.

Suga: 19 years old, he's really good at basketball. he used to be close and play on the basketball team as the star player, but after an accident in which he killed his father, he sees himself as a monster and cannot accept anyone into his life.


“Hello everyone. My name is Lee Jieun. Nice to meet you.” The new classmate greeted and received a loud and long applause. She bowed at the students in front of her with a polite, smiley and friendly face.

All of the people in class were so excited and curious about the new transferee. But definitely not Yoongi. Even when Jungkook, his tablemate nudged him in his elbow, he just spared a glance at the girl. She looked too energetic. And he didn’t feel very fond of that.

 

 

“I didn’t know Jieun was that cool. She’s the best Yoongi!” Jungkook exclaimed with the approval of all BTS boys. “She is really friendly, she’s out-going, very pretty and she tops the school!”

Yoongi just looked back at Jungkook. Why was Jungkook trying to impress him about Lee Jieun? Sure, the girl became friends with the rest of BTS, but she got nothing to do with him. And plus, he had nothing to do with her. It’s best not to interfere any other’s life. It’s unnecessary.

 

 

“Oops!” A girl’s tender voice was heard when she bumped into Yoongi right in front of the classroom door.

Yoongi was a bit taken aback because the girl just appeared all of a sudden. Her folders of some documents crashed into his tummy a bit hard enough for him to cough.

“I’m so sorry! Are you alright?” Her hand was reaching him, ready to touch him. But he took a step back, causing her hand in the mid-air.

He took a look at the girl’s face. Small face, milky white skin, red thin lips. Someone who became so popular in his school in such short period of time. Someone who was called White Snow.

“Are you alright?” She asked again. She looked so sorry. That look made him soften. She didn’t mean harm.

He crouched down and took up the stacks that fell on the floor. Jieun saw what he was doing so she nervously bent down and reached for the rest of the pile of papers. And then, who knew if it was by purpose or by accident, their hands touched.

A simple touch and their eyes raised up, staring at each other. Yoongi’s face up-close made her freeze without her knowing. Something in his eyes bugged her a bit. That stare was not emotionless as she always thought. She saw something else.

 

 

Playing basketball alone was Yoongi’s favorite routine when there wasn’t BTS around. Somehow, he liked to be alone like that. It wasn’t like he could feel isolated. Truth to be told, he felt at ease when being alone.

A person was observing him from the school library window. She was initially trying to find a book to entertain her short free time. But rather than the book, she was completely focused on Yoongi. She didn’t know that a single individual throwing the ball on the basket over and over again would be that worth of a sight to watch.

She sighed. Why did the boy always give her the sad feelings. His aura always managed to engulf her mind. But because of that, she was attracted.

 

 

“No!” The word escaped Jieun’s mouth very naturally and instantly. Although it didn’t come out easily. It sounded weak. But it was properly sent to the other person who was also on the school rooftop. Because then, he turned his head.

Yoongi jumped down from the ledge without much effort. He observed Jieun with his glinted eyes.

“Why are you crying?” It was her first to hear him. No, it was her first to be talked to by him.

She was relieved because Yoongi didn’t look like what she thought. She shook her head quickly and wiped her tear off her face.

“I don’t know. You always make me feel sad.” She explained. But Yoongi didn’t buy her words. He probably didn’t believe her.

“You are weird.” He said at last. Then, leaving her standing still like that, he was about to go back to class.

“Wait a bit.” Jieun called.

He sighed a little, not looking back at her. But he didn’t move either.

“You were trying to commit suicide, right? Why were you so calm just now?” She blurted out her curiosity. Realizing how blunt she was, she covered . Commit suicide, really?

“I wanted to, not tried to.” He corrected.

Jieun tilted her head. What is the difference?

“So… what is the reason why you want to?”

“Seriously.” Yoongi heaved out a sigh. Why did he answer her questions? Why did he bother stopping to hear her out? He was out of character in a moment, and that resulted in having to deal with a curious girl. But… why didn’t he stop then? Was it because Jieun cried for him?

“Because I’m not worth living.” In other way, because I’m a monster. His statement sounded sore. He meant it. It was no joking manner. Jieun recognized it, although she wasn’t able to look at his face.

Memories flooded over his head. It was like yesterday, when that event happened.

The scene in front of him wasn’t the beautiful sunset anymore, it turned dark and scary, and breathless. It was the sight of his parents’ room.

Peeking through the door, he could see it all. In the middle of the night, silence still couldn’t fill his house. Occasionally at nights since his father got addicted to alcohol and casino, he had to see the scene he was seeing right then.

Husband heartlessly pummeled wife till her cries were replaced with yells, and then… just silence. The sounds of the hard punches was piercing through his ears. It was really unpleasant to watch and hear it. He got sick of it. He couldn’t do anything, because he wasn’t brave enough. Just looking at his father’s wild eyes made him feel scared. He didn’t dare interfering. He was just thirteen. He reasoned out.

But that night, the old man didn’t seem to stop his violence like usual. He was too out of control.

Stop it. Stop it. STOP IT.

He ran into the room, hugging his beaten-up mother. Her shaky arms wrapped around him protectively. She burst out crying.

The old man wouldn’t stop. He punched his own son. He yanked his son away with a simple act. And then, the man took a glass bottle near him.

No. Don’t!

The teenage boy used all his strength and like a miracle, he pulled the man back off.

But who ever expected, that he could see another source of blood, besides his mother’s.

Shattered glass pieces all over the floor. Who would ever expected, that a medical box would to the opposite duty it had.

 

“But I still have a family.” He managed to continue. The image of his mother appeared in his mind. Although he could never imagine his mother to be healthy. It probably dipped down his mind. His only family was a skinny woman, her face filled with unfading scars and bruises all over. Her eyes were not lifeless, however. Because those eyes were looking at her son. They only had each other in the world. He couldn’t leave his mother like that. After all, she was the one who endured so much with her husband and tried her best to raise him like every normal kid.

 

“I’m happy for you.” Jieun spoke up. “Finally I can rest in ease. You won’t go that easily.”

And she chuckled in delight. It made Yoongi turn round. The girl was happy for him. But his inner self refused to get fluttered.

“You seem to hate yourself?” Jieun asked.

But he didn’t answer. Because it all was written on his face.

“I don’t know what you have to come through. But please get better. See good side of things.” She said.

What’s the point? Killing is killing. Just that simple. He didn’t deserve someone’s caring like Jieun.

He was always denying it. But he knew, that he wanted to be closer to Jieun. He wanted to be someone special to Jieun.

However, Jieun was too high for him to reach. Like a star. And he was a dirt on the ground.

“I can’t.” Yoongi sighed, avoiding Jieun’s eyes. He only lived for his mother. If his mother passed away, he would come with her. There was no other reason to live in this world for him.

“I think you should know this.” Jieun started. “But I’m not as good as people think I am. I’m actually bad at scientific subjects. But because my mom forces me to learn, I have to do the things I don’t want to. Eventually, I got fifth place as the school top students. I can’t climb higher, since I’m not a genius. To be honest, I can drop rank anytime now if I stop fighting. You can see that I’m really strong-willed, aren’t I?”

 

“That’s why, Yoongi-ah. I’ll never stop trying to get closer to you. I’ll make you believe in good things.”

 

And that was when a shining light appeared in his life. That was one of his most beautiful moments in life.


Author's notes:

I don't know why but I thought IU and Suga really look good together :) if only she hadn't had a boyfriend then I would have shipped them hard. OMG.

Since I liked this pairing, I enjoyed writing it a lot ^^ But unfortunately it turned out choppy at the end. Hope you don't mind. Plaese leave a comment! I really want to know what you think.

If you forgot what you requested for, I can remind you again. Just comment if you want to know :)

If this oneshot doesn't satisfy you, please explain why it doesn't by taking your little precious time filling out this form for feedback. It would be highly appreciated to get feedbacks! Thank you!


Comment from RavenUchiha (thank you for the feedback!):

This was a nice short story. Really cute. I could picture Suga as someone who doesn't let people in his life, and IU wanting to let people into her life.