32. RM/ IU

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request #32. 4dimension - (RM/ IU) 160915 - 161204

Your request was

Idk lol I just want a fic about them since there's nothing. I don't even know why'd I ship them. The nonexistent pair lol. Just thought that they would be cute together. They seems have this mature vibe with them; IU said she is the mature type herself and rapmon kinda look like it since he is the leader of bts. And they write their own song too. Maybe you could use their idol life as the background :) with the happy ending.. Coz I'm hopeless lol. Pardon my babbling ;; idk if this help to build the plot or idea lol You could use your imagination kkk I'll appreciate it :) Since you take the trouble to write this for me lol Thankyou!

Notes: idol AU, IU doesn't have any boyfriend, Rapmonster has a collab song with a vocalist in his second mixtape.


"This sounds amazing. But let's try to put in a female voice." The main producer of BigHit company told Namjoon while he was listening to the record of his song for the sencond time.

Namjoon rolled his eyes in frustraion.

"This song can stand alone without a vocalist, don't you think hyung?" Namjoon asked. This song was the last one to fulfill his second mixtape and he didn't want to have a singer featuring at all. He really had a spot for the song so he wanted to sing live to his fans without any playback.

"I know what your thinking, kid." The hyung said, massaging his temples slowly. "But the length is also problematic. Only 1 minute and thirteen seconds. It's not enough to be called a song. The beat is too fast and you can't lengthen it more with a bunch of words. Listen to hyung, okay?"

Namjoon sighed. He took up the piece of his song, scanning the lyrics over again. He still thought it was enough. But he didn't want to fight back anymore The strength in him had run out thanks to hectic schedules and dance practice for the group concert. He just wanted to sleep.

"Whatever hyung. But I would like to keep the original piece and add to the mixtape as version two or something."

The other man looked at Namjoon uninterestedly, his eyes obviously screaming are-you-serious. However, he turned back to his sheet, nodding.

"Go home and rest. I'll take care of this."

"Night, hyung." Namjoon stood up from his seat and gave the older a brother hug before slipping out the studio room door.

***

"Hello, Namjoon speaking." Namjoon said tiredly to his phone, trying to take some of the blanket away from Jungkook to cover himself. He was sleeping in the same room as Jungkook.

"Namjoon, you're sleeping? No schedule today?" A familiar voice asked Namjoon. He rubbed his eye and tried to decipher who it was until he realized it was the hyung he talked to just three days ago, at the recording studio.

"Oh, hyung. Today is free for me... But tonight we have group schedule. What's up?"

"Nice! Change your clothes and come here. I'll call the feauturing singer right away."

Namjoon sat up immediately, making the surface of the blanket raise up. Jungkook groaned and pulled all the blanket to himself. Namjoon scowled at the maknae and kicked him at the bottom.

"But who is the singer, hyung?... Hello? You there?" Namjoon growled between his sleepiness and the frustration for the hyung.

"He said to take care of it and he really TAKE CARE OF IT?"

"Hyung!" Jungkook hissed and kicked Namjoon slightly at his raise in voice

"Alright alright, sorry." Namjoon said. "." He said it in English.

***

"We have known each other for so long, Namjoon. But I just still can't believe how horrible your sense of fashion is." The hyung told as soon as Namjoon arrived. He had a yellow sweater on and around his neck, he had a dark brown scarf. The stolen huge short jeans from Jungkook and a pair of plastic slippers completed his morning style.

He ignored his hyung and yawned tiredly. He came right to the sofa and sat down, looking at the older.

"She hasn't come?"

"Yeah. She's probably on the way."

"Who is she?" Namjoon asked, hanging his hands on his nape, his feet rested on the table. His stomach growled as he didn't eat anything.

"Starving? I'll call pizza."

"Who is she?" Namjoon asked back, this time slower and heavier in tone.

The hyung smirked at Namjoon.

"IU. Happy now?"

Namjoon was taken aback at his answer. But he didn't believe it.

"Very funny, hyung."

"Whatever, she will arrive in minutes." The hyung reached for his glass of water and took a long gulp before handing Namjoon a new music sheet.

"Want to hear the beat?"

"Of course." Namjoon answered, his eyes gluing on the paper.

The beat was played with Namjoon hearing carefully. He moved his head relaxingly to the music.

"Wow I'm impressed. You have composed everything well. This new verse is going to fit in." Namjoon clapped shortly.

"So no adding the original ver to the mixtape?"

"I would say how about we stick to the original plan?"

The other shook his head at Namjoon's remark.

"I'm dead serious Namjoon. Noone does it like you." The hyung's face turned super serious it made Namjoon went startled.

"Oh hyung don't be upset. I know you worked hard." Namjoon shifted uncomfortably and avoided eye contact with his respective producer.

The tesion between the men cleared up with a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Namjoon went to the door and twisted the doorknob. He didn't think it would really be IU. The small fight from earlier made him forget to confirm the true artist.

Seeing IU right in front of him, Namjoon looked back to his hyung with terrified gaze. He turned back to see IU bpwing to him first.

He quickly bowed back as well. Namjoon's messy hair brushed slightly agaisnt her bunned head. They were caught up in an awkward manner.

"Hello, sorry for the wait." IU said and her infamous sweet voice sent Namjoon weird sensation down to his stomach.

Seeing the beautiful singer upclose made he feel ashamed of himself for a short moment.

He stepped aside so that IU could get in.

"Thank you for accepting... um... my request. It's a huge honor." Namjoon coughed awkwardly.

"So... um..." IU faltered as she tried to find a way to address Namjoon.

"You can call me Rapmonster, or simply Namjoon, IU-sunbaenim. And over there is my co-producer, he helps with the final steps of production and recording."

IU nodded at the introduced hyung.

"So... Namjoon-ssi, can I listen to your recorded parts first?"

And then IU started listening to the audio, her head cocking to the side and her eyes closed. Namjoon couldn't help but feel the professionalism from IU. She was paying full attention to the song and it made he feel sorry that he didn't put as much enthusiasm in the collaboration.

After hearing it for the second time, IU turned to Namjoon, her eyes now opened.

"The song sounds complete on its own, but it's a bit short. I think adding some singing parts is not a bad idea. But I really feel like there's no need to add anything. Do you think so, Namjoon-ssi?"

Namjoon smiled, interested in her comment. She was saying what was on his mind, basically.

He handed her the new sheet with both hands.

"This is the additional part. Please take a look at it and say what you thing, sunbaenim."

IU nodded friendly and received the sheet.

After scanning it, she looked up, staring at Namjoon for a while. As a hoobae, he couldn't dare avoiding her gaze, so he stared back.

They were secretly conversing with each other without actually acknowleging it.

 And so, Namjoon thought he probably knew what IU was thinking.

As much as he ought IU would ask some more questions, she returned to the sheet.

"Let's try this out." IU spoke, she went ahead to the record booth.

 The recording went smoothly, but something kept bugging Namjoon.

"That was a fast record, IU-ssi. Thank you for the hard work." The hyung clapped his hands enthusiastically while Namjoon calpped along, but looked zoned out.

IU caught his blank face, but she didn't say anything. Taking the head phones off, she went out, smiling to herself about something.

That smile triggered Namjoon to act up.

As soon as she appeared in the main room, Namjoon came to her.

"Thank you for the hard work, you did great."

"Thank you." IU replied, smiling at him. She was about to say something when Namjoon spoke up.

"Can you spend some precious time having a meal with me at our company cafeteria? The food here is very nice, too."

From behind IU, the hyung broke into a bright grin. He mouthed Namjoon, "nice move".

"That would be nice, let's go." A corner of her lips jerked up into a perfect lopsided smile. Namjoon felt his heart skipping a beat. That was weird.

"Hyung, you have worked hard." Namjoon nodded at his hyung and winked, making the older's face fell. He would have chuckled as usual, but he just had something else running on his mind.

***

 "You must have noticed, IU-sunbaenim..." Namjoon started right when they were in elevator.

"That's alright, Namjoon-ssi. By the way, you can call me Jieun."

"Oh." He actually knew IU's real name. Jungkook told him before.

"So..." Jieun stopped talking when there was a growl of Namjoon's stomach.

"I'm sorry." Namjoon laughed it off. He didn't feel embarrased, he thought it was funny instead. "Wahtdid you want to say again?"

He hung his head low to get closer to Jieun. Jieun was a bit startled at the close distance. Meanwhile, Namjoon had no idea that the older sunbae was getting embarraesed.

Jieun looked away and cleared .

"The writing style was different for my part. Although it's also understandable that your parts were rap, I knew you only composed the song as rap only."

Namjoon was more than right. He knew Jieun wasn't an ordinary artist. Having worked in the industry for so long, she probably knew how much effort one put to their song.

"I'm sorry. You must have felt uncomfortable while recording. But actually your voice fits to the part and the whole song in general." Namjoon said honestly.

Jieun smiled. He was being honest and strict, not like most of other artists she worked with, who always tried to sugar-coat that they were glad and grateful for her featuring, but actually they wanted some more recognization for their songs.

***

"Thank you for the meal. I ate well." Jieun said to Namjoon after they finished eating. They didn't talk much. But Jieun was grateful that Namjoon asked her out for a meal with her manager. She figured out Namjoon didn't have much to talk abput the song, but actually he was being nice. He kept being polite all the time.

Jieun expected something else from him, but the guy didn't seem to have any more intention.

As for Namjoon, he was glad to meet Jieun. He found Jieun a mature woman. He already had it in mind that somewhere in the future, he will ask her out for a real collaboration.


Author's notes:

Thank you for requesting. This was kind of hard to write. so it turned out even messier than usual lol.