15. Kai/ Chorong

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request #15. Isabella37 - (Kai/ Chorong) 151111 - 151203

Scenerio: Chorong is an ordinary high school girl and Kai is a kingka. Who knows, he might like her back.

Your request was: Chorong is just an ordinary girl in the school.
Kai is an idol and the most popular kinga in school.


Chorong was keeping her eye on Jongin - the popular and the kingka of her high school, a.k.a Kai. At first she thought he was just an eyecandy, handsome and hot-looking which easily melted the girls' heart.
But she realized Kai was her real crush when they interacted with each other.
"You can clean the room and I can carry these stacks of paper." Kai offered to help her carry the heavy paper while no one even cared about her; well, it was her day to take in charge of cleaning the class though, but still.
"Keep your eyes open. The road is slippery." It was their second interaction when Chorong was walking on a slippery snowy road but she wore barbie heels so it was hard for her to walk. Kai happened to walk near her and advised her that. He was so caring which made Chorong's heart flutter all the time.
Although Chorong hoped Kai could stay and watch her steps, he passed her quickly and left her alone. She was kind of disappointed. But she didn't have a good reason to be like that. Kai didn't even know her name.

 

She always dreamed of one day she could get noticed by Kai.
And that day actually came.
"Are you new here?" Chorong asked an old women while she was carrying a box of stuff for her. They were walking around her apartment building.
"Oh thank you dear. You're so kind. We just transferred here so that my husband can go to his work place more easily." The woman smiled brightly. She reminded Chorong of someone...
"Yonggu, you shouldn't let some strangers help you like this." A man, who seemed to be her husband, spoke out as he walked towards them with two boxes.
"Annyong hwaseyo!" Chorong greeted the man. He smiled and thanked her with a bow. She titled her head at the thought: 'This man has his mouth really resembling...'
"Dad, mom, we've done with moving stuff, now where are we living...?" A similar voice called out. Then Chorong turned back and almost slipped her box on the flour. It was her crush, Kim Jongin. He was carrying two big boxes and wearing a white T-shirt. He looked really lively and his arms showing attractive muscles. He was surely worth the title kingka of the school.
"Um... Who is she?" Kai asked his parents and titled his head a bit as looking at the box she was holding.
"She's a kind girl who helps me with the packs." His mother said. "I'm sure you are our new neighbor?"
"Yes, madam. I live around here. Just some apartments apart from here." She smiled happily and rather dumbly as the thought of living near her crush. She snapped her thought back to the situation. Kai was staring at her all the time. She avoided his gaze and looked down at her box.

"Thank you, dear. You can drop the pack here. We've come to our destination." Kai's father said, smiling at Chorong. "Jongin would be so happy to have a beautiful neighbor like you." He looked at his son teasingly.
Chorong just smiled and nodded. She was leaving as she placed the box to the ground.
"Wait... I've seen you somewhere..." Kai spoke out which made Chorong startled and stopped her way. She turned back and looked at Kai.
"You probably saw me because we are at the same class." Chorong informed, a bit upset that Kai didn't really know her.
"Oh yeah right!" Kai nodded in agreement, his forehead still frowning as he was still trying to figure things out.
"Bad boy, you don't know your classmate!" His mother said and shook her head.
"Oh no madam, he's a new student to our class this year so he probably hasn't got to know all the class." Chorong reasoned.
"Thank you anyways, um..." Kai frowned harder.
"It's Chorong." Chorong helped him in an unpleasant way.
"Oh, yeah, thank you Chorong-ssi." Kai said, smiling brightly. She couldn't control her feelings when smiled at by her crush.
"No problem."

They were neighbors but there were no real big interactions between them. She expected to meet him at her way to school but he went early with his dad and went home later than her due to his club schedule. So there was no time for her to meet Kai, which .
Then one day, she read the news that the stars would come that late night. It was a rare chance to watch stars so she wanted to watch it so bad. But considering the fact that she once walked through a dark street to go home, she forgot to bring her money so she couldn't go by bus; she was so scared of the dark and she needed someone to watch the stars with her.
But Chorong was the only member of her family who liked stars and could afford watching them at night. Her parent were too tired from their work so she couldn't watch with them for sure. Her sister was a sleep addict and she wouldn't stay up all night to watch stars with her. So that left her alone. She couldn't fine any same age with her in her neighborhood, except for Kai.
"Jongin-ssi, are you busy tonight?" Chorong asked as they were in front of Kai's wardrobe. Luckily she came on time or she would see Jongin's abs and such...
"No, I'm not busy at all. What is it Chorong-ssi?" Kai asked, he put his hands down and fixed his shirt, seeing Chorong being all red made him chuckle and realized the situation. That small chuckle made Chorong even more red than she could ever be.
"Chorong-ssi?" Kai asked again as Chorong kept her gaze down. She quickly looked up and faced Jongin's face. His face was sweaty of all the practice. Boy, he looked so attractive at the moment. Sweats all over his forehead, his nose, his cheeks, his mouth, his chin, his neck, and... his freaking shirt.
"... I want to watch the stars tonight... so..." Chorong was stuttering and so Kai cut her off shortly.
"You want me to come and watch with you." Kai added. His smile was still on his face. It was more like a smirk to Chorong. She then gave him her water bottle and her handkerchief. Kai accepted her 'gift' and used her handkerchief right away.
"Thanks. So I'm right aren't I?" Kai asked again. Chorong nodded many times to confirm. Kai smiled brighter. "I'll go for sure."
"It's not what you are thinking, Jongin-ssi! I'm just scared of the dark and I don't want to bother my family and..." Kai's smile grew even wider. His eyes watching Chorong interested.
"And so you want to bother me instead?" Kai asked, he then lowered his head so that their head were equal-high to each other. Chorong lowered her head though.
"I don't mean so..." Chorong said. She could feel her heart beating so loud she wondered if Kai heard it too.
"I see it now. Don't worry, Chorong-ssi." Kai reassured her with his hands on Chorong's shoulder. She was about to freak out even more. "So where and when do we meet?"
"On the rooftop... at twelve A.M... Jongin-ssi, is that too late for you? If so you can..." Chorong said slowly so Kai found his way to cut her off again.
"Is it that late? Wow... Um... I can still go though."
"Thanks... Jongin-ssi." Chorong said and quickly left.
Kai left out a chuckle.
"She's so cute."

Chorong looked at her watch. It was already twelve and a half. Kai was still no where to be found. And the stars still hadn't come. She was watching the sky very thoroughly but still her mind was full of scary thought.
The light was very weak so it was dark for her. It was even scarier with the wind blowing here and there, leaving weird sounds. Once she heard the door open but there was no one. Then she heard it shut close again. She couldn't figure who that was but it scared the hell out of her.
Then she heard the door open again, then it went shut close again. But that time, there were foot steps. And luckily, the silhouette made her relieved as it was Kai. And she widened her eyes at she looked closely and saw a blanket Kai was holding.
"I'm sorry I came too late. Have the stars arrived?" Kai asked as he handed Chorong the blanket.
"Jongin-ssi, what is this about? No the stars haven't come yet." She answered and received his blanket nonetheless.
"It keeps you warm of course." Kai said and helped Chorong put the blanket over her body. "I came here on time actually, but seeing your thin sweater I went back to my apartment and brought the blanket all the way here."
"Really? This blanket is thick... you don't have to be so kind..." Chorong felt sorry. "And I was really scared in darkness too. Hearing the door opening but no one appeared was terrifying." She half joked half serious because she really thought like that.
"You will get cold with your sweater." Kai said. "And I'm sorry for scaring you, Chorong-ssi."
"Thank you so much, Jongin-ssi. And it's okay." Chorong said, her hreat fluttering. Kai was so sweet.
"So... what will you wish for when you see the stars?" Kai asked, breaking the deadly silence for about ten minutes.
"Um... I will wish for some silly dream... haha." Chorong answered. She was going to wish her crush would notice her.
They continued watching the sky and short after the stars came. They were so beautiful. Chorong closed her eyes and inter-whined her hands altogether.
"What did you wish for?" Chorong asked after she had done wishing but still Kai was closing his eyes.
"I didn't really wish, I was just encouraging myself through this." Kai shrugged. Chorong tilted her head.
"Encouraging yourself to do what?" Chorong asked. Then Kai looked at her eyes in a deep way.
"This."

She thought she could never forget that memory with Kai, ever.
That small peck on the lips was just the best dream come true for Chorong.


Author's notes: Isabella37, your request is done. I'm sorry it came out only 1.7K words.

What do you think about this oneshot? read-worthy? anything?