M9. Song Joongki/ Minah

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request from Minah Oneshot Request #9. Anonymous - (Song Joongki/ Minah) ?????? - 160807

Oh no! I’m late for work!
I hopped myself off the comfortable bed. After washing up my face and changed my outfit, I hurried out of my apartment.
I rushed to the elevator just before the landing doors completely closed.
I made it to stop it from closing by my palm. Lucky.
The elevator opened again, revealing who was inside.
It was a stranger. Well, at least I guessed. I hadn’t seen him around here. He might be an acquaintance to someone around my neighborhood.
I bowed at him, hurriedly got inside.
“Waiting for the elevator to come down to first floor from thirteenth floor was always a burden to me. I tapped my foot on the floor furiously. Come on! Boss would yell at me if I was late again!
“Please don’t make any sound.” The man beside me spoke up.
When I looked up to him, he was already eyeing me. Although the sentence sounded harsh, his voice was quite calm. He was being friendly and polite.
“I’m sorry.” I said. “Isn’t it always frustrating to wait like this?” I commented, laughing lamely to make excuse for my behavior.
He just nodded and smiled understandingly at me.
Now that I noticed, his face was even smaller than mine. Despite of his amazing height, he got a small baby face. He looked young, although I supposed he was older than me by years.
“Oh no!” I gasped. I looked around myself and realized I had forgot my wallet! I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere with an empty pocket.
“What’s wrong?” The man asked.
“I- I forgot my wallet! Can I please go back to my apartment? I’m really in a hurry.” I frantically begged.
“I can drive you to your work place if you want, miss um?” He offered. But he suggested for my name. Oh of course.
“It’s Minah.”
“Yes, miss Minah. We have already reached second… first floor. So do you want a little help?”
The elevator opened, revealing the first floor.
I mentally face-palmed myself. Why were I so careless these days?
“Um… thank you. I think I’m too lazy to go up there again.” I sighed. “But can you hurry up? I’m really going to die if I’m late… again.”
He chuckled. It was a soft chuckle. Something with his gentle voice made me ease.


“May I know your name?” I asked, judging him. His face didn’t show any kind of emotion that I could figure out. But he didn’t seem like a bad person. That’s why I got in his car.
“Joongki. Song Joongki.”
“Oh… Nice.” I commented, and smiled at him.
His shoulder shivered a little and the sound of his breath escaped his nostrils made me turn back to look at him again.
“What’s that? Are you laughing?”
“Oh. I’m sorry.” He started the engine. In a swift moment, he bent his body towards me and his hand reached the seatbelt, fastening it. The sudden close distance almost made me fluttered. I got enough time to catch his face up-close. He was really handsome, I realized.
“Thanks. But you could just remind me.” I grumbled.
“You sound tough.”
“I am tough.”
“You don’t look tough though.”
“I look cute.”
Joongki laughed while making a U-turn. He was a skilled driver, I noticed.
“You are confident. That’s nice.”
“I thought you would call me arrogant.” I honestly replied.
“No. You really do look cute.” He remarked, making me shift uncomfortably. Was he telling the truth? I guessed he was just being your usual playboy.

“You are single, right?” I asked after some silent minutes. I was naturally curious about him.
“Why do you know?”
“Well I just thought a boyfriend never offers a free ride with a stranger.”
“That’s right. That makes you a single woman, too.”
“Why?”
“A girlfriend never needs a stranger’s help.”
“I have a boyfriend, though.” I retorted, feeling uncomfortable.
“That makes you a dumped girlfriend.”
“Seriously.” I sighed. “You know too much already.”
“You started it first. I guess you are curious about me.” He stated.

“So you are a police officer. No wonder you didn’t look aware of me.” He said as we arrived at the place where I worked. He spared a glance at the place and looked at me with a smiley-face.
“Uh-huh. Thank you so much. Your driving is fast yet very secure.” I praised, looking at him. In a second, I was thinking about some weird thing. I feared that this might be the last time we talked and met with each other.
“Well… I guess it’s a goodbye, then.” I nodded at him slightly. I wasn’t sure if I illustrated it. But I thought he looked just as regretting as me.
When I turned my back at the car, he voiced out.
“Wait a bit.”
I turned round again. It was my expectation. To be called again.
“Here’s a phone number for a free taxi service I know. Just keep it and use it. Don’t have to thank me.”
 Joongki said and winked at me.
“My pleasure. I love free things.” I joked back and giggled as he laughed back.


One month is the time I needed to finish this crap. But hopefully you will find this entertaining. Thank you for reading. Guys! The requests are all done as for now. I'm glad I got requested by many readers. I'm really grateful!

Again, thank you for requesting! Lots of Minah's loves!

 

Poster credit:

Background credit (unfound image/ no longer used) (20kp):