M6. Taemin/ Minah

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request from Minah Oneshot Request #6. trizgarcia - (Taemin/ Minah) ?????? - 160707

Finally! Here's your oneshot, trizgarcia! You requested like 5 months ago but now I only manage my lazy to finish it OTL. Taemin is really not my favorite idol so it was hard to make up an idea, so this oneshot is really not my best work so far. I'm sorry!


Sometimes, even usually when I faced him, I would think: ah... Lee Taemin, I know what he was thinking of me already. Just anticipate to be confessed that he...
"... likes you, Minah." Said Naeun, hesitantly and annoyedly.
Well, it was not good waiting to be confirmed about his feelings. But I didn't know why my heart went plummeted. Like, I didn't like it at all when I thought I would have been satisfied with such announcement.
"No way that could happen." I replied nervously. I tried to sound as if I was comfortable to hear such joke.
"Face it, Minah. You have to, sooner or later." She said. Judging by her face, she looked really serious, and somewhat I could see her sorrow eyes, not like her usual cheerful and perky persona.
"Since when did you start nosing in people's business, Naeun?" I joked.
She just shrugged and looked outside, her expression turned whiny. Taemin was having fun playing basketball with our college ally.
"I'm sorry... Naeun." I said at last. Looking at my friend who was hurt because of such a friend like me, I just felt so sorry. Since the day she confessed that she liked Taemin, she and I couldn't be comfortable around each other anymore. We couldn't even put up usual fights friends would do in the past. As seen with my previous joke, she didn't retort or fight back or yell at me, at all. She became quiet instead.
She didn't give me a glance but just nodded. Just nodded.
"He rejected me... but I never tend to give up. Because he haven't confessed to you. Because you can't even be honest with yourself."
In many seconds I couldn't swalllow my own saliva. Her words struck right into my ears. Finally, she said it. Finally, she showed her impatience. Finally, I had to face the deal. Finally, I had no more reason to beat around the bush.
Score. Taemin just did a great slam dunk. I guessed it was just random, but he looked back and met my gaze in a split second. His face showed abvious pride and victory, so I just unconsiously grinned at him. I guessed he saw it, because he grinned, too.
"See, that stupid guy only sees you."

"You should wear something warmer." Taemin said to me right when I stepped out of the camp at that night. Naeun probably heard it but her face still stiffed. Now that I noticed, her clothes looked no warmer than mine.
"I'm fine." I smiled at his face. It was hard for me not to smile back at his genuine beam. He was usually cold but to me, he would always show his cheerful side.

"Can you sing a song for me, Minah?" The cute college ally asked me. I smiled at him but then, something bothered Taemin.
"Are you alright, Taemin?" I asked him. Maybe he was hurt somewhere. His face winced like he was painful or something.
He just shook his head then avoided my eye-contact.
"Then, I'll sing a song for you. Its title is: "As long as you love me."" I introduced the song then grabbed the guitar up to play.
The four of us, including me, were in complete silence as I was playing the guitar and singing at the same time. It ran on smoothly but I ruined the moment by accidentally missed the right notes with the guitar, causing the rhythm to go messily. The first one I looked up to was Taemin, who sat near me. He made a geture for me to continue, even though I made a mistake.
It's alright, I guessed.

The fire was so weak I could barely feel the heat from it nor its light in this dark sky at the moment. However, I felt that tonight was my last chance to make a move. Tomorrow, we would have to pack up and went back to the lousy city we were staying in, and continued doing our duties as students.
"The fire is almost out. We should get back to the camps. It's past midnight already." Our college ally informed while looking at his electric watch.
"Hold on, can you guys lit up the fire? I want to stay here for a bit more... if you don't mind, Taemin." I looked at Taemin, who was surprised by my statement. I expected that, since I had never made a move on him.
"Can you do it, Taemin?" The college ally asked, he sounded so sleepy.

It was the poor guy who had to lit up the fire in the end. Turned out, Taemin had no idea how to do it, he almost put out the fire at the beginning. I expected too much from him, I guessed.

I sat with my back agaisnt his as I could stutter any moment our eyes met. It would feel more comfortable to talk to him like this. I wasn't ready.
"Am I a hypocrite?" I asked but didn't expect an answer from him. Moreover, I hoped he wouldn't say anything, from now on.
"I have never been able to erase my first love for my entire four years. And yet, Lee Taemin gave me some different feelings, of all guys I had ever met. How should I put it, was it because I liked him or was it just because he always treated me as if he had a crush on me?" Still no reply, as expected.
"I have thought about this so many times. I am aware of Naeun's crush over him, too. I feel bad, even though I don't know if he likes me or not. Because he hasn't said anything to me. Yet, do you know? That yesterday, Naeun had to speak up about it." Still silent.
"I don't blame him at all. Because he might feel insecure if he got rejected by me. Because I haven't done anything to him, as he always does to me."
"I should be honest with myself, that I, too, have a special feeling for Lee Taemin. I don't guarantee a happy ending for us, but know, opening up to him is the first move to make."
"Will you go out with me, Lee Taemin?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Finally, I got a chance." It was the voice behind me. The warm, cheerful and hopeful voice ever in the world.

 

 

 

 


Another hello from the author who can never level up herself from the usual prose she writes! How was this chapter? I know it's really messy and bland *whales*. Sincerely sorry to the requester of this onehot T-T I'll try harder in the next oneshots I write for you (if you ever consider me to write again lol orz)
Please don't hate me for making Taeun couple split up in here, it's just pure fiction alrighty~~ Besides I kind of got inspired from their end year parody of Heirs (it was after Taeun WGM so yeah...)

Poster credit:

Background credit (unfound image/ no longer used) (20kp):