M7. Minhyun/ Minah

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request from Minah Oneshot Request #7. Anonymous - (Minhyun/ Minah) ?????? - 160729

Hello there, anonymous! I sincerely apoplogize for being dang late. It's been 5 months since the request you submitted. OTL

Anyway, if you're still there, I hope you can read this :) It was fun writing it!


"Oh no! I'll call you back, let's meet up later." I hung up my phone, my head turned to the direction where my scarf flew away. Thank you so much, Seoul wind.

"Oh my, your scarf flew away." The lady in charge of her stall said, her face showed obvious guilt.

"It's not your fault. It might be near by the way. I'll find it. Thank you for the change." I raised my hand holding the cash at her, bowing before leaving the stall.

Finding the scarf in this crazy crowded place was kind of hard, luckily my scarf wasn't too light. It might have landed around here. After sometimes it took me to get through the thick crowd of other tourists or citizens, I finally saw a glimsp of my scarf color. A red velvet peace of fabric was lying steadily on the floor. Noone cared to pick it up, that's understandable anyway. Not complaining.

Everyone was passing by it and thankfully the scarf still looked fine to me. It didn't have that much dirt on it yet.

I was just feets away from the scarf when I saw a particular man who picked it up.

Judging ny his expression, he was probably looking for the owner of the scarf. He looked down at it, looking at it carefully and... brought it with him!

I blamed myself for standing still without using the chance to take it back.

It was hard for me to catch up with that special man who was literally one head taller than me. He got some heck of strong muscles in his legs. Unfortunate for me, he went to an elevator.

I followed right after him, standing just next to him by one person.

Finally, we reached the highest floor of the tower where there was a cable car service.

Well, let's end it here. I couldn't make my friend wait for me any longer.

I almost reached him when he bought a last-minute ticket to get a ride. I should finish this as soon as possible. All the people who booked the ride were  getting in the cable cars.

Some girls were talking near me.

"Look at that hot guy over there! Isn't he cool?" Girl one said.

"Yeah. Why is he alone anyway?" Girl two said. The two of them looked greedy. I guessed they were greedy, for real. Meanwhile, he was waiting for his upcoming cable car.

"Should we approach him?" Girl one said with an excited voice. They were walking to him. Oh no, girls. He belonged to me, for now.

"He already has me, girls." I stated, looking at their amazed, startled eyes. "See that scarf he's holding? It's mine."

With that, I walked towards his cable car without looking back.

Alright. Just one ride. It wouldn't hurt. Right?

"Excuse me, can I have a free ride with you?" I asked, my voice was quite shaken. Having the first eye-contact with him suddenly made me nervous.

His mouth opened a bit but closed shortly after. He nodded, then looked elsewhere.

I took a seat on the bench oposite to his, but it was at the edge where I kept most distant to him. Being nervous, period.

The man looked out towards the other cable car for a bit before returning his sight to... me.

It seemed we were having an eye-staring battle.

When I thought he squeezed the scarf a little and looked into my eyes, I got a phone call.

"Excuse me." I said politely and he nodded.

"What is it?" I asked my friend. I forgot I should tell her to wait.

"Sorry, something happened. I'll..." My voice lost and it turned into a loud squeak when I mis-stepped on the floor. A sudden throb of blood draining in my head made me feel dizzy, I couldn't think of anything.

When I opened my eyes, I looked at the man in disbelief.

He was holding me, gently but tight enough because my weight was completely on his arms. It seemed I wasn't that burdensome to his strength.

"Are you alright?" He asked, worriedly. His face was so red. I was so sure he was milky white. At the moment, he was like a hot tomato. I wanted to chuckle at him. But I didn't know why, my heart skipped a beat.

Well done, boy. He wiped all my brain out about the scary accident with the tricky floor. He made me feel secure.

"Thank you." I said, looking elsewhere as he was still holding me by my waist and my back. His intense gaze was hard to refuse, but whatever. Pull yourself together, Bang Minah.

He started to look elsewhere, too. It seemed he was more embarrassed than expected. He was sure a shy boy. Interesting.

"I wasn't aware that I'd lose control. The see-through floor shocked me a little." I tried to explain so that I didn't look like I fell on purpose. He returned me an understanding look, and nodded slightly. I took some steps and stood near a wall with the support of a steady bar with the height around my waist. Surprisingly, the man stood next to me, keeping a fair distant, nonetheless.

"Um..." He started, calling for my attention. Well, leaving the beautiful mountain scenery right in front and below me for a beautiful stranger? Call me crazy but I'd rather do that.

"Is there something that you want to say?" I asked, looking at his face. Aw, cute. He hadn't stopped blusing, yet.

"Yes." He answered plainly. Then, he handed me, the red velvet scarf.

"This is yours, miss. I'm sorry for taking it with me. I should've waited for you to come take it." He said slowly. For a second I was only thinking about his small lips.

"o-oh. thank you." Wait... "How did you know that it's mine?"

"I... doubt you would choose me over that woman over there... without a reason." He jerked his head towards the cable car from earlier. The woman was sitting comfortably and watching the scenery outside.

"Oh... but..." I still found it weird. Luckily, he seemed to have more to talk.

"You told your friend that you..."

"Oh I forgot!" I exclaimed. Holding up my phone, my friend was still at the call. Oh no. "Sorry, but something else happened. Don't worry, I'll call you back."
The young-looking man looked at me, bewildered and twinkling eyes, he's probably amused. I signaled him to continue, brushing off my clumsiness.

"So you told your friend that something happened, so I was pretty sure it was you." He reasoned. "The fact that you asked me to come in this cable car was pretty much a big evidence, too. You had no other reason to go with a stranger like me."

I smiled. Oh this boy. Why so inconfident.

"I'm sorry. This scarf is probably very important to you. You must have been worried, having to find it while someone took it with him all the way."

I tried to hold back my giggle. Such a cute, cute boy. Don't you know that when you took up my scarf, of all people, you were already a special person to me?

"Very good deduction, mister detective." I clapped cheerfully. "But you're wrong."

His face saddened, he looked disappointed.

"First off, the scarf isn't that important to me. It was actually bought just several minutes ago."

The boy widened his eyes. In my opinion, he was thinking something like: "So why would she try so hard to find it?"

"Second, and key of the case. I followed you. Just because." I shrugged.

He looked completely surprised. As expected.

It took him sometime to speak up.

"You know what. This is actually the reason why I figured you are the owner of this..." He cleared his throat. "... new scarf."


"You covered your neck with it at least once, right? Your scent was still in it." The statement made me blush. What even! I was never easy to blush. Especially, this one guy is total stranger.

"What a pleasant surprise." I managed to say, looking at his eyes. Those endearing eyes, I wanted to see more of it. Please.

When the cable car stopped. It was time for us to seperate. I had to find my friend. He had to go home, as he said a while ago.

"Oh wait. Can I know your name?" He asked. I looked at him, beaming.

"Bang Minah, nice to meet you."

We shook hands. It was a lie to say the handshake didn't make me feel butterflies in my stomach.

"I'm Hwang Minhyun. Nice to meet you, too."

 

 

"Here you are! You worried me so much, Minah!" My friend scolded me, but I smiled dumbly at her, not getting over the strange meet earlier yet.

"Hey. Sorry for having you worried." I said back, smiling at her.

"What happened?"

"I was looking for this scarf. Found it."

"This is a new scarf isn't it? Why did you waste your time finding it?"

"Oh you don't know how much it meant to me. This scarf is that special."

Later on, I found out that we didn't ask for contact. Well, let fate decide.

Poster credit:

Background credit (unfound image/ no longer used) (20kp):