T5. Taeyong/ Yuta

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Transferred story #5. I Can't Stop Me - (Taeyong/ Yuta) - 3.3k - 221111

Description

"You are so distracting, Nakamoto Yuta."

"I don't know if you are blaming me or flirting with me, but since you are cute, I'm sorry Taeyong. For doing whatever I did to make you this hungry for my lips."

Or,

Taeyong gets paired up with his lover in a duo dance for the first time ever. And for the first time ever, he keeps messing up.

Foreword

Genre: dancers!AU, established relationship.

A/N: this is going to be a plot-less short oneshot and it's one of my more self-indulgent works. you might see the same content being listed on AO3 and that's probably me (that is, if i figure out how to post contents over there).

and yep title is very blatantly stolen from one of my favorite TWICE songs.


see personal chat for my fanfic writing progress updates (feel free to chat there too if you'd like! though i will only be able to see 5 latest messages when i go to check it)

Visit my other stories | NCT stories | Taeyong stories | Yuta stories

1/1

"You are so distracting, Nakamoto Yuta."

That was how Taeyong excused himself for kissing Yuta at the end of their duo dance practice, which they were preparing for an upcoming LGBT+ event they were invited to.

"I don't know if you are blaming me or flirting with me, but since you are cute, I'm sorry Taeyong. For doing whatever I did to make you this hungry for my lips."

And that was how his boyfriend replied, the front of his teeth in full display and Taeyong swore to god, that grin had never lost its effects on him from the moment they first met until now. Always made his cheeks flush. His heart race. His mind filled with nothing but must-kiss-it-aways, have-to-kiss-it-aways.

Taeyong might be stronger than Yuta, but right now he felt like the weaker one sitting on Yuta's lap, having his arms wrapped around the younger-by-a-few-months boy's neck. He might be more eloquent than Yuta— well, let's not talk about when Yuta speaks Japanese— but right now he's at lost for words, not knowing how to outsmart the blonde because well, Yuta was darn true when he said Taeyong was hungry for his lips. He might be more confident with people than Yuta was, but right now when Yuta stared at him like he was the only thing that mattered in this world, he felt like hiding in the darkest cave so Yuta wouldn't see just how lovestruck he was, because he was sure he looked so embarrassing right now.

"You look like you need a kiss so bad," Yuta commented casually, though his eyes fixated on Taeyong's and demanded an answer as though he really needed it in the first place.

And as much as it was embarrassing to have his true feelings be shown in front of Yuta's eyes, it would be a lot more embarrassing (and pointless) to make any more excuses. Because Yuta knew Taeyong like the back of his hand. Lying to Yuta was like asking to be ridiculed (even though Yuta never meant it the bad way and Taeyong never minded it too much to care the next minute), because no matter how hard he tried, Yuta would always manage to see through him, so he just shrugged before caving in— yet again.

"Oh damn you got me."

Taeyong couldn't really remember because it seemed like his actions were faster than his capabilities to process them, as he was already kissing Yuta- no idea how it started nor who turned the platonic kiss into a full-on French one, the only thing remained on his mind was, he loved Yuta, and he hoped these sloppy kisses would deliver just an ounce of the weight of the message as much as they could, because he was damn sure, it's going to take him thousands more until Yuta could finally get it.

"You're not going to kiss me on the stage, right?" Yuta asked when the kiss was broken because Taeyong was running out of breath, his eyes serious, but his lips curling up at a corner.

"Doyoung would beat my if I were," Taeyong huffed. He loved Doyoung- as a manager. That was no doubt. But Doyoung was strict strict. Even more so than Taeyong. If a member of the dance crew was to mess up something, Doyoung would go to the end of the earth to see the root cause of the problem or criticize the hell out of them until they got it right.

Every one of their friends already knew how Taeyong and Yuta were dating, sure. But that didn't mean they could do anything to ruin their performances because of it. Taeyong knew he had been ruining their performance in practice much more than Yuta, much much more than ever. The role assigned to him was a man of vengeful mindset who, through-out the duo dance, seduced Yuta's role to make the other fall in love with him. The whole act ended up successful with Taeyong who was completely in control of Yuta, and Yuta who fell into Taeyong's love trap, became totally in love and unaware of Taeyong's schemes.

Taeyong would pay to switch their roles, but their dance styles matched the roles they were assigned to- Taeyong aggressive and flexible, Yuta expressive and masculine.

The only problem was Taeyong felt like the one being seduced and it all went wrong from there.

"Good, good," Yuta said, satisfied, "one problem down. One more to solve. You know what that is?"

"Hm?" Taeyong hummed, not fully paying attention nor caring what his lover was trying to say as he found more interest in the younger's moistened lips. Oh would those lips just stop moving and be still so he could capture them in his again?

"Your moves have become a bit... I don't know, sloppy? Like you are not paying attention to the choreography like usual. So you tend to miss some nuances in your dance."

"Don't make me repeat myself." Taeyong buried his face with pursed lips behind his palms, thinking to himself, how could he still not get used to the teasing this long after they became a couple?

"No way you were serious about that? Me distracting you?" Yuta asked, genuine bewilderment in his eyes because Taeyong didn't give any visual cues that denied it.

"Oh, alright," Yuta said, still knitting his eyebrows at Taeyong. It sounded almost like a question. "I won't distract you anymore."

Taeyong didn't ask what his boyfriend planned to do by saying that, but it all came clear the next day.

Yuta kept his mask on throughout their practice sessions.

Of course. That was so Yuta. So ridiculously cute. So lovably carefree.

"You may need to bring this mask of yours to the actual performance as well, baby," Taeyong said in between his panting. They just finished running another practice session and neither bothered to let go of the ending pose. They had been in this pose outside of the dance countless of times anyway. It's rather comfortable as well as- well, one of the reasons why Taeyong had a hard time separating himself from the  stage character he was supposed to portray.

"Why? You're doing great, baby," Yuta praised, patting the side of his hip, "you have kept up with it this past few days. We still have a whole week for you to get used to it."

Yuta, oh Yuta. His innocent Yuta. His pure Yuta. This was definitely the man Taeyong loved.

So how could he possibly confess to Yuta that the true problem wasn't as simple as Yuta thought it was? That he got too immersed in the storyline of the dance that he forgot it was all just an act every single time?

No. Taeyong wasn't that selfish. It was his own problem and he would never drag his lover into it.

"Yeah." So he shrugged. It was okay. He only had to suffer another week for this tragically saddening dance, and this whole nightmare would be done. "So, what are we having for dinner?"

 

***

 

Delivery food had reluctantly been their thing whenever they got too busy with schedules. Tonight was no exception, and Taeyong was craving sweets.

"I'm ordering tiramisu too. You want some?" Taeyong squeezed Yuta's hand in his hold as they walked along the hall towards their apartment. His other hand tapping away to see the menu items that was displayed in the small of his phone screen.

"No thanks. I'm sick of tiramisu."

"Liar," Taeyong exclaimed in Japanese- it's a word from the limited vocabulary he managed to pick up from his boyfriend. "I don't ever see you eat tiramisu."

"Are you sure about that?"

"What do you mean—" Taeyong couldn't finish his question because as soon as he whipped his head towards Yuta, Yuta was smirking and his gaze flickering between his lips and his eyes.

Oh god.

"You ert!" He let go of Yuta's hand to cover his mouth and took a step back to further himself from Yuta. He had been dating Yuta forever, yet how the heck was he never prepared for this nor stop blushing like a highschool boy around his crush?

The mean Yuta only snorted as he nonchalantly walked by himself, leaving Taeyong there- feet buried to the ground- alone.

"No more kisses for you then if you hate tiramisu so much!" Taeyong exclaimed from behind, and that seemed to be able to stop Yuta on his track.

Now was Taeyong's turn to smirk.

Serves you right, silly Nakamoto!

Yuta took a step back, turned his body around, and slowly, oh so slowly, sauntered back towards Taeyong. His face was so devoid of emotions that Taeyong dropped his smirk in an instant. Yuta was looking at him so intensely that he couldn't find it in himself to break the deafening silence while Yuta moved closer, and closer, and...

Closer. Until Taeyong had to take a step back, then two steps back. And oh.

Oh. He was cornered into the wall before he realized it.

He was too focused on that intense pair of eyes. Too distracted with the way Yuta bit his lip ever so discreetly one could easily miss it if not looking closely. Too distracted with the way Yuta brought a hand up to grab at his chin. Too distracted with the way Yuta parted his lips slightly, and the way he too parted his lips even before Yuta could pull his chin down to do so.

Oh god! God! Why was Yuta so slow? Why wasn't he feeling Yuta's lips on his already?

Count one... count two... count three.

And then he heard a chuckle so, so close to his face. So close that he could feel Yuta's breath brushing the skin of his cheek.

God damn Yuta. He thought as he opened his eyes and dropped the protruding lips he had been keeping on. God damn you. He thought as Yuta let go of his chin and stepped back.

"I'd like to see how long you can hold out." Yuta winked at him, and continued walking, leaving Taeyong there again.

I hate you. Taeyong thought. I hate you so much for knowing me so well. You know I was not at all serious when I said that. You know damn well if we were in a private area, I would yank you back in and kiss you until you had to break it off to gasp for air.

Wait. Hold on.

That sounded so pathetic. No. This was no one-sided love. He knew Yuta loved him just as much. He knew even though he was almost always the one to initiate kisses, Yuta enjoyed each and every one of it. So what if he stopped initiating at all?

That would be so much fun to think about. To be the one winning in the end when Yuta couldn't hold it back and kiss him first. And forever about it. Oh, Taeyong would love that very much.

Taeyong could hold himself back. Definitely. He could hold himself back so he could see that victorious moment.

He giggled happily to himself before picking up his pace again and returning to his phone to complete his delivery order with his dear tiramisu.

 

***

 

"Yuta-san," Taeyong called. They were sitting on the comfortable couch of their living room after dinner, in front of the TV that was playing a Japanese talk show. Yuta had been intently watching with his coffee mug in his hand. Taeyong just finished with his tiramisu and he noticed the little coffee stain at the corner of Yuta's mouth.

"Yes?" Yuta answered in Japanese, eyes still glued to the TV screen.

Taeyong smiled at the sight of his boyfriend. And then he grabbed Yuta's nape to pull him close.

It was a brief moment. Just a natural occurrence to their everyday life. Just Taeyong kissing—  at the spot where the stain was. Just Yuta reciprocating by pursing his lips out to press further into Taeyong's. Just Yuta nipping at his tongue as a natural reflex, before they both pulled out.

It was supposed to be normal. Until Taeyong pulled out to see a bemused grin on Yuta's face.

"You couldn't even pass a single day."

Oh yeah. Crap. He forgot.

"N-no! I was just bothered with that stain on your lips. That's all!"

"You could simply help me with that," Yuta said as he pointed at the tissue box sitting right on the table in front.

"You think dry tissue works with stains?"

"You could just tell me so I can it off myself," Yuta said as he pretended to think.

"You think your coffee stained tongue could help?"

"And you think your tiramisu stained tongue could?"

"F-fine! I want you to suffer the taste of tiramisu. Happy?" At this point, Taeyong didn't know where the heck this conversation was heading. He was too busy trying to cool his blushing cheeks down. For the second time of the day. As a grown adult.

How cool.

"Hm," Yuta hummed, raising his eyebrow, "was that all suffering you could give me? I'm kind of disappointed."

Oh.

Oh.

So it was going this way?

If it was, then Taeyong didn't mind his blushing anymore.

He shivered a little as his eyes followed Yuta who was already putting his unfinished coffee mug on the table, but found himself saying meekly, "I can give you a lot more suffering..."

"So what are you waiting for?"

That's it. Taeyong thought. He lost. He had always lost. He might very well be the one who loved more. And he couldn't give a damn about it. Not when it only proved how much he was sure Yuta was the one. Always. Forever. He didn't need to know how much more love he gave compared to Yuta. Not when at this very moment, Yuta was also indulging in their heated make-out session. Not when his boyfriend couldn't care to watch anymore of his favorite show, or to pick up the ringing call that mixed with the talking noise from the TV to form such a peaceful white noise in the background as they continued to kiss, to roam their hands on each other's body, to carry on for how long Taeyong was incapable of measuring.

What a wonderful world he was living in. With Yuta. With the love of his life.

 

***

 

"Wake up, sleepyhead." Yuta's gentle voice was heard next to him. A little croaky as it was still early in the morning. A little too sweet just like every time he used it to wake Taeyong up.

Taeyong had already woken up a while ago- for how long though, he's not sure.

He just knew that he had been half-awake while a hand kept playing with his hair. Brushing, patting, fondling, everything soft and gentle, he felt it.

He didn't want it to stop. So he kept his eyes closed.

"Lee Taeyong. Wake up," Yuta whispered, this time Taeyong heard it closer to his ear. It tickled, so he bursted out giggling. "There. I knew it. Your lashes have been flickering."

Taeyong made out a long whine. Like a child not happy with what he had heard. A spoiled, spoiled little child. He turned towards where Yuta was lying and scooted up close to the other's warm chest, eliciting a chuckle from above his head.

"Today's the day. We need to be at the train station on time. No snooze today, baby." Yuta gave his head one last squeeze before letting go. Taeyong could feel Yuta's hand grabbing onto his arm to untangle themselves.

But he only tightened his hold on Yuta. And another whine.

And another chuckle.

"You're such a warm ball of fluff. You know that?" Yuta said then Taeyong felt something press onto the top of his head, and the sound of lips smacking.

And then Yuta really untangled themselves this time with proper force.

And then he felt his arms grabbed and pulled up.

"No."

"What can I do to make you behave?" Struggling Yuta as he kept trying to pull Taeyong up.

"Kiss me and I'll behave."

"Forgot already? Yesterday you said we shouldn't kiss so you could prepare yourself for the performance today."

"I changed my mind."

"You're unbelievable." Yuta chuckled, but Taeyong could feel his back flopping back onto the mattress, now that Yuta no longer tried to pull him up.

Count one. Count two. Count three.

Yes.

He could feel it. Yuta's lips on his own. pressing gently and moving slowly, as though they had all the time in the world to do so (and that was true.)

For a moment, Taeyong opened his eyes. He could see Yuta's expressions upclose, a little too close to be able to see clearly, but enough to make out what it looked like. So delightful, so affectionate, so loving.

This was it. The raw Yuta. The Yuta that normally wouldn't show his true expressions. This was the expression Taeyong loved so much. The expression that only Taeyong could pull out of Yuta. The expression of Yuta in love.

 

***

 

Just as Yuta had said. Practice makes perfect.

Tonight, Taeyong danced well from start to finish.

The cheers from the crowd. The eyes of the audience glued to the stage. The music blasting through the speakers. He could feel the stage was entirely different from that from their practice and rehearsals. He could feel the pressure to do well more than any other time.

That's why he was able to just focus on the performance. On anything but himself.

Muscle memory really worked wonders. Because the routines went smoothly. There was no mistakes, no slip-ups. And so was Yuta. He was perfect.

Yet at the end of the performance when Taeyong was sitting on Yuta's lap, eyes having to keep in contact with Yuta's, all that emotions he felt from the dance poured down on him like waterfall, unending, somber, depressing.

He felt like his heart would combust. Not at the cheering from the crowds. But at the way he had to hold himself back because his character was supposed to be cunning, revengeful, devoid of love, pretending to love by seducing Yuta's character.

As he felt he was about to shed tears for the fictional situation that he inflicted on himself, Yuta s a hand on the back of his head and pulled him down.

It took him a good moment to register what Yuta had done before he reciprocated the passionate kiss. A clumsy, hungry, demanding kiss. As though Yuta didn't have enough of him and only wanted more, and then a lot more.

The stage lights turned off in the middle of their kissing to signal their performance was over and it was time to stand up to greet the audience in the next few seconds when the lights would turn back on again.

Regretfully, Taeyong pushed Yuta out of their kiss.

He let out a fit of giggle as he stood up and pulled Yuta up with him to stand up.

"I forgot your character is in love with mine! I cannot kiss you, but you can! I guess we'll be fine when we verbal-combat with Doyoung backstage!"

The lights turned back on. And among the loud cheers in front of them, Yuta leaned into Taeyong to say what came to be the best thing that had even been spoken to him:

"No, Taeyong. It's not about any of that crap. I just want to let you know that I love you. You have me. That you are not alone like the character that you portrayed. You got it?"