7. Jaebum/ OC

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request #7. ninakai - (JB/ OC) 151001 - 151108

Scenerio: JB's best female friend is getting her weird moody 'period' again. What is it now? Is she affacted by others judging her tomboy hobbies again?

Your request was: We're best friend. Based on Just Right song.


“Eh yo! Nina!” Jaebum called Nina from a far distance when Nina bit her goodbye to her random fellow soccer girls in the field. He just got out of a study center which his classmate - Im Nina was supposed to attend too. But since she got the brains, she didn’t have to go. That’s why she was playing her favorite game instead - soccer.
“Yes! What’s up JB!” Nina ran her way to Jaebum with a wide grin on her face. Her body was all sweaty, her ponytail was deviated from its center position and it looked like a birds nest; well, not that bad, but still.
They walked along side to the bus stop, waiting for the bus to come. When they made their seat on the bench, Jaebum pranked her with an ice cream beforehand. When she sat she felt something cold underneath her. She yelped.
“Hey! That’s not cool!” She took the ice cream and tore its pack and ate it.
“Thanks anyway. Today I don’t have the mood to play around with you. So you’s forgiven today.”
Jaebum smirked at his best friend.
“Heh… What is it today?” Jaebum asked.
“Nothing much… Just some girl’s stuff.” Nina sighed. Her cheeks were less red and she seemed to get better, her breath was in a stable state.
“Heh… I never thought you would have some girl’s stuff.” That lead him to get a smack on the head.
“Ooh! The bus is earlier today!” Nina chanted and went her way fast to a seat. What a sporty girl.
Jaebum went to sit next to her. They both had their same way to home but Jaebum’s home was a little farther than Nina’s.
They didn’t talk anything in their way home. They were best friends, yes. They had nothing called ‘secret’ between each other (or they thought so), they always had each other by their side, they were the type of not needing to talk much, but still there was a special knot connecting them. They were comfortable around each other, that’s all that mattered.
Nina found her self tired and sleepy so she leaned her head on the seat and closed her eyes. Jaebum who had noticed the sleeping Nina then put her head on his shoulder soundly as not to wake her up. He usually did that since Nina was a sleeping freak when it came to traveling and not doing anything. He was diffrerent, he always liked doing nothing and looking around; they completed each other.
When the bus was running closely to Nina’s house, Jaebum woke Nina up with his hand ruffling her hair a bitt.
“Nina, it’s your house in the next stop.” Jaebum called her name quietly but enough to wake her up. She opened her eyes to the sound Jaebum made near her ear. She was yawning her hands almost clashed Jaebum’s face.
“Hey! Be a little girly won’t you?” Jaebum sounded annoyed but he just made it up like a normal joke he always cracked about Nina’s personality.
But that time Nina did take the joke seriously. She glared at Jaebum and stood up, leaving Jaebum in disbelief.
“H-hey! Nina? What is it with you today?” Jaebum reached for her wrist but she quickly broke the grip. She went out of the bus not even spending him a glance.

 


The next day at school, Jaebum thought Nina would be normal to him again if he cracked some jokes. But he was wrong. He tried his hardest but the girl still held a cold vibe toward him. Jaebum hadn’t experienced Nina’s anger that long for quite a while.
“What’s wrong with you and Nina?” Minah who sat next to him spoke up, flipping her hair behind her shoulder and biting her lips lightly as a confusion; she looked so beautiful.
“It’s her problems to be honest.” Jaebum answered, he stole some more glances at Minah before returning his mind to Nina.
When he looked at Nina, Nina was darting her gaze at him. She probably saw him looking at Minah that way. He shrugged and frowned his face as he wanted to imply he did nothing bad.
The rest of the day just went like that. Jaebum hoped he would make up with her when they met at the soccer field.


Unfortunately, Jaebum couldn’t see her anywhere. He was searching thoroughly around the area, he even asked the girls who played there. But she wasn’t playing soccer that day, she was somewhere else.
But… where else should she have been?
He knew her so well. She was a sport addict. She was not girly at all. She wasn’t that much of a tomboy either; because she could cook, she could bake, or even baby sit as a part-time job once.
Besides that soccer field, she should be walking along the street. That’s it, he knew where she was then.
He lent a bicycle and rode it for about ten minutes before he saw a familiar silhouette sitting on the grass in a river bank. She was staring into the sky, her face blank.
“Hey! Let’s go home!” Jaebum raised his voice up and it ended up cracking a bit. Such a funny mistake. Nina startled and looked over her shoulder. She looked hesitant but still obeyed Jaebum’s words.
She stood up and went to sit behind the bicycle, her both legs on one side. Jaebum found out something then sratched his neck, confused. Nina never sat like that before. She would either stand on the hangers or sit normally with her legs on two sides. He wanted to tease Nina but he didn’t want the situation to get worse.
“Today you are weird too, Nina.” He made his way and started riding.
“I want to be feminine.” Jaebum almost stumbled his feet on the pedals.
“Why?”
“Because you like feminine girls.”
“I never said so.”
“Well… Minah said so.”
“What?”
“She said you often looked at her and somehow it disturbed her from studying.”
“Wow that girl is so talkative.”
“She is. And she is beautiful too…” Jaebum mentally agreed to the statement. Sure he often looked at Minah but it didn’t mean he liked her or anything. Boys in his class always steal glances at Minah. It was unfair to just point him out of all the boys. Boys like to look at beautiful girls, that’s such a natural thing. And Nina misunderstood it.
“Look Nina. Just be yourself.” Jaebum stopped the bicycle and led Nina to sit on a bench nearby to talk more easily.
“But I think I’m too boyish.” Nina said, biting her lips.
“Show me how you’re gonna be more feminine.” Jaebum commanded.
“I will talk more quietly, I will wear dress to school, I will…” She couldn’t talk more as seeing Jaebum’s reaction.
“You will quit soccer too?” Jaebum questioned her. Receiving no answer, he reached her hair tie and pulled it out, leaving her wavy hair flowing freely with the wind. He looked at her in amazement. Nina looked prettier. When Nina shyly turned her eyes to look at Jaebum, he refused to blink and kept his face calm as not to show her his feelings. It was hard, really, especially when she looked that girly. He snapped his thoughts out and cleared his throat.
“You can’t even be comfortable with your hair untied.” Jaebum murmured. He knew his best friend that much. She would never be comfortable being more feminine. Actually, she was feminine enough, not in physical ways.
“Just tie your hair back, and be normal.” He handed her her hair tie, letting her do the job. She nodded and smiled at Jaebum lightly.
“I can’t change your heart nonetheless.”
“What do you mean?” Jaebum asked her, confused.
“Until now you still don’t know?” Nina asked him back. She looked shocked but then frowned and made a sigh.
Although Jaebum didn’t know what she meant, he wanted to ask just about the same question. Would Nina ever know that he liked her from long ago?


Author's notes: I'm sorry for being late but here it is~ 

It's too short isn't it? Do you want more?

What do you think about this oneshot? Is it good? Is it... readable? Jaebum's character is kind of bland I have to admit... orz.

It's not yet beta-read so I'm sorry for that!

Do you have any disatisfaction? Please leave a comment. I take critiques pretty easily ~~ (It's better than saying nothing, really)

PS: Sorry for mentioning other idol here~~ It's just that JB looked at Minah a lot when they were on Inkigayo together :)