Falling in love (I)

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was extremely tired after her day at the minimart.

Unreasonable customers who screamed at her because there were no more stock for the free gifts. (Her thoughts….hello, you want free gifts? You come earlier. Queue overnight, why don’t you do that?)

Domineering customers who demand for extra and personal attention. (Her thoughts…. Hello, you think I am your maid? You need personal care and attention, please hire a personal shopper.)

Children running around the mart and babies crying for their mummies.  (Her thoughts….this is not a child care centre, I am not a nanny)

Messy and unhygienic customers who just threw their soda cans, beer cans and food wrappers around. (Her thoughts......excuse me….are you blind? Can’t you see that there are more than 1 dustbins outside the shop and even inside the shop.)

She came home to her petite but nicely decorated apartment. The living room, bedroom and the kitchen, (3-in-1, this is what she always tell Kang Gary, her best friend, his childhood friend at the orphanage) all share the same space. But she felt safe, sheltered and protected when she came home to her 3-in-1. This is truly where she belongs to ever since she left the orphanage 3 years ago when she reached the age of 16.

Kang Gary, her best friend at the orphanage is 4 years her senior. He was already at the orphanage when she was send there by her irresponsible mother who wanted to run away with another guy. Her mother promises to fetch her in a years’ time. Of course, mummy never turned up finally. She was 4 years old at that time and Gary was 8.

As the big brother, Gary took care of the little ones in the orphanage though he himself is still a child. She always enjoy playing with her Gary oppa. She always get jealous when other girls come near to her oppa.

She cried for 3 days when Gary left the orphanage. Gary is a boy, he has that thing between his legs, that makes his chances of getting adopted much higher. At the age of 12, Gary got adopted by a rich couple who owns plots of land and buildings of offices and residential.  However, Gary never forgets his little sister. He writes letters to her and begs his parents to bring him back to the orphanage once every month.

By the age of 16, Gary was send to a boarding school in America. That was when she cried for another 3 days again. She thought she never gets to see Gary again. But to her surprise, Gary has never abandon his little sister. He kept writing to her and send gifts and money on occasions like her birthday or new year. In his letters, he told her about his new life in the foreign land and how he had misses his parents and of course his little sister, Song Ji Hyo.

Gary finishes his university with flying colors at the age of 22. He sends his graduation photos to her to share his happiness. He was surrounded by beautiful girls.

“Ji Hyo, the beauty in blue jeans and pink shirt is my girlfriend. She is my schoolmate and 2 years my junior. She is also Korean. Don’t you think we are a good match?” Gary wrote in the email (no more letters).

There were tears in Ji Hyo’s eyes when she read the email. She knew that she has fallen for Gary, her best friend, through the years.

“What needs to happen will happens. To Gary, I am just a little sister. Always his little sister. I should not dream of having him as my boyfriend.” She told herself to wake up.

The consistent banging on the door pulled her back into reality. The clock on her dinning dressing study table says 10 pm. She knows who was that person at her door. She does not have many friends, is just Kang Gary.

“Kang Gary, what are you doing here at this hour? Is Friday night, aren’t you at the movies with your girlfriend?” She asked.

“Ji Hyo, are you OK? Are you hurt? What did they do to you?” Worries were written all over Gary’s face.

“Why? What? Er….what are you talking about?’ she gave Gary her usual mong look.

“I went to the minimart just now. I brought you supper. But your colleague says you are no longer working night shifts because you were harassed by some drunken men last week. Are you OK? What did they do to you?” Gary grabbed her by her arms and started examining.

“Kang Gary, I am OK. Just some bruises since they pushed me to the wall.” She said. Yes, she used to work night shifts at the minimart. The pay was 50% more for nigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter