Listen to My Heart (1)

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa, you really want me to take up this job? This show is equivalent to the Korean version of ‘We Got Married’” Ji Hyo was rather shock when Young Min, her ‘unofficial’ manager who is also the person managing Leessang’s artists, told her about the assignment.

“Why not? Your partner in the show is Chen Bolin. He is very popular in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China and also in Korea. If you match up with him, is a win-win situation. He can help you to boost your popularity in Asia and you can help him in Korea.” Gary explained, avoiding any eye contacts with Ji Hyo.

“But Oppa, what will the Monday Couple fans say if I take on this assignment? How about our.......” Ji Hyo is worried about the responses from the fans. She is also concerned about Gary's feelings.

“Ji Hyo ar…..actually….actually is time….is time for us to….to….break……break out of the Monday Couple label.” Gary stammered slightly, still avoiding looking into Ji Hyo’s eyes.

“Break out of?” Ji Hyo wasn’t sure if she is understanding Gary correctly.

“Ji Hyo, we can’t be trapped in the Monday Couple label for life. You are an actress, you have to pair up with different actors in movies, dramas or even other variety show. And for me, you know…I am reaching my 40s….I…I…will get to date some girls soon.” Gary tried hard to recall those words that he had planned to speak up.

“Trapped? Girls?” Ji Hyo was initially mong at what Gary was trying to say but soon she understands.

“So Kang Gary wanted to date girls. Well,  I thought that was rather reasonable. Why get stuck with me as the Monday girlfriend.” Ji Hyo tried to control her tone. She don’t want to sound sour and jealous though her heart was twitching and she can feel her hands trembling. 

"So I am just the Monday Girlfriend after we went throught so much together. Those nights we spend together. What did those nights meant?" Ji Hyo felt sweats gathering at her forehead though it was under zero degrees now in Seoul. 

“Young Min unnie. I am happy to take up the assignment. I am sure my pairing with Chen Bolin Ssi will be a success. Who knows, this maybe the good man that the fortune teller had mentioned. I should grab this chance to know more good men. Please let me know once the details are confirmed. I shall take my leave now.” Ji Hyo said. She stood up, bowed to Young Min and Gary and paced speedily out of the Leessang’s office. She did not want to lost her temper and her emotions infront of the Leessang crew and infront of Gary.

“Boss, why are you doing this? What if Ji Hyo falls for Chen Bolin Ssi?” Young Min glared at Gary.

“Chen Bolin Ssi seems to have a real life girlfriend already?” Gary asked.

“So you are not worried?” Young Min asked, still rolling her eyes.

“No No….I am....i meant....why should I be worried. I always say my relationship with Ji Hyo is like family. I will be happy if she meets some good man.” Gary kept drawing circles in his writing pad as he speaks.

“OK OK. Dongsaeng like relationship? Don’t cry when Ji Hyo got engaged with another guy.” Young Min shook her head as she walked back to her desk.

“Boss, you love her don’t you? Why kept denying it? I can help you and Ji Hyo with your jobs and schedules but I can’t help you on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter