The Maid - Far and Away

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 months later

“Hee Gun, you did well in the fields.” Jae Suk patted on the shoulders of his second son.

“Father, thank you.” Hee Gun bowed. Jong Kook and Dong Hoon were smiling, they were both happy that the hard work from Hee Gun has paid off.

“You have plans to bring this technique of yours to other fields we have?” Jae Suk asked.

“Can I?” Hee Gun’s eyes brighten up when he heard his father’s question.

“Why not? Besides the fields, you can also take care of the branches at the northern part of the country. Jong Kook takes care of the operations in the headquarters while you run those in the Northern provinces. These businesses in the northern provinces are the top revenue generators for the Kang business. And once Dong Hoon is mature enough to take over the businesses we have in the South, I can then retire.” Jae Suk said with a fatherly smile.

“Mong Ji ar……our efforts paid off. Father has asked me to move to the northern part of the country to take care of the businesses there and I get a chance to deploy my methods of harvesting in those fields.” Hee Gun was excited to share the news with Ji Hyo. He casually brought up the issue to Ji Hyo while Ji Hyo was stacking the charcoal into the baskets.

“To the north?” Ji Hyo lifted her head immediately when she heard what Hee Gun said. She released her hands holding the basket of Charcoals. Everything in the basket drops, all the charcoals fell onto Ji Hyo’s feet.

“Ouch!” Ji Hyo almost cried and fell to the floor.

“Mong Ji! You careless child.” Hee Gun quickly remove the charcoals that were burying Ji Hyo’s feet. “Take a seat.” But Ji Hyo couldn’t move her feet. She held on to Hee Gun’s hands tightly.

“It must be painful.” Hee Gun picked up Ji Hyo the bridal way and moved her to the small space behind the store room. Not many people were aware of this small space behind the store room. The space is barely enough to accommodate two persons. This is where Hee Gun usually hides when other maids or Choi En passed by.

“Why are you so careless? Your feet all swollen. Let me go and get some ointment for you. ” Hee Gun took off Ji Hyo’s shoes and check on her feet.

“Master Hee Gun, when are you leaving for the North?” Ji Hyo whispered softly.

“I am not sure yet. Perhaps 2 or 3 weeks later. All depends on Father’s arrangements.” Hee Gun wanted to leave the small space when Ji Hyo pulled him back. It was the first time Ji Hyo attempted to touch his hands and pull him towards her. Usually it was Hee Gun who try pull Ji Hyo towards him.

“How long you will be away?” Ji Hyo asked again.

“Two years or more. Need time to see the results in the fields.” Hee Gun said, he was blushing slightly as he watched Ji Hyo’s hands on top of his.

“Two years……my contract would have ended by the time you come back.” Ji Hyo mumbled softly.  It was then Hee Gun realized that leaving the House of Kangs to work in the North means he will not get to see Ji Hyo anymore.

For the rest of the weeks, silence filled the store room. Hee Gun just sat there and watched Ji Hyo working. Ji Hyo moved around avoiding any forms of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter