Love is Always Here (4)

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note : Part of the story was written before the marriage annoucement was made. So let it be. Let us turn and twist the annoucement into the plot that we wished that it would happened. Cheers!

Gary had a busy day at the office, helping the staff to arrange the new season of the Halyang stock during the day. At night, after dinner with is staff, he went home and kept himself occupied on the social media. As the moon gets fuller that night, friends started to call Gary out for clubbing and drinks. Gary just felt he has no energy for nightlife. He prefers to stay at home.

Gary hammered his back with his fist and sometimes he squeezed his shoulders. “Maybe all the carrying and opening of cartons during the day has torn me out.” Gary went to his bedroom to pick up the massager that Ji Hyo gave him as a farewell present when he quitted Running Man.

Gary closed his eyes, trying to imagine that it was Ji Hyo’s hands kneading on his shoulders instead of the machine massage. He reached for his mobile phone and pressed the quick dial button for Ji Hyo’s number.

10:04 pm, Kang Gelly : I am using your massager.

Ji Hyo was a bit anxious when she received the message from Gary.

“Did he hurt himself with all the moving of cartons today?” Ji Hyo remembered receiving a picture of Gary carrying the cartons in his office, that he send to her this afternoon.

“I told him to be careful. This man requires a lot of attention and he is of high maintenance.” Ji Hyo mumbled to herself.

10:06 pm, Kang Gelly : What are you doing now?

Ji Hyo laughed as she read Gary’s messages. This was his usual opening statement when he wanted to ask Ji Hyo out.

“Is 10:07 pm already. I don’t really feel like going out.” Ji Hyo yawned. She flipped at the pages of the script of her new movie. She has been reading the scripts the whole day, blocking her family from talking to her. She only takes 15 minutes to finish her lunch and dinner so she can go back to reading her scripts. When she felt exhausted, she would run to the kitchen to take out a can of beer to freshen up herself.

Her mum often nags at her whenever she sees her daughter drinking. Today, her mum asked about Gary again.

“I had made some Kongnamul Muchin, Mu Saengchae, Myeolchi Bokkeum. Ask Gary Ssi to come and bring some home.” Ji Hyo’s mother said.

“Omma, he is busy at work. I will ask him to drop by another day.” Ji Hyo said as she drained the can of beer.

“You can bring them to his office.” Ji Hyo’s mother said.

“Omma, I am busy also.” Ji Hyo threw the can into the dustbin and hurried back to her room.

“Maybe I can drive to his place and drop him the dishes and drive back. Just to clear my mind. The scripts don’t seems to be getting into my brain.” Ji Hyo told herself

The beeping of her mobile phone brought Ji Hyo back from her thoughts. There were already 5 messages displayed.

10:10 pm, Kang Gelly, “My back and shoulders hurt. Fortunately, I have this massage you gave me.”

10:12 pm, Kang Gelly, “I had your sizes prepared. 2 sweaters and 2 caps. When are you free? I will send them to your house.”

10:13 pm, Kang Gelly, “What are you doing now? Should I send the sweaters and caps to your house? Or meet at the Korean restaurant near your place? ” (he is asking again.)

10:14 pm, Kang Gelly, “Ji Hyo, sleeping? Zzzzzz.”

10:15 pm, Kang Gelly, “Good night.”

Gary is getting bored with his social media updating. He went to his kitchen to make a cup of coffee.

“This child sleeps so early. She must be tired from all the script reading.” Gary opened his cabinet for his coffee powder.

“Let’s make Ji Hyo coffee.” Gary smiled as he recalled his last date with Ji Hyo was in this café where they made coffee accordingly to their own personality. They exchanged their coffee seeds. Gary took the Ji Hyo coffee home and Ji H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter