When a Man Loves a Woman (11)

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years later

“We wished you a Merry Christmas, we wished you a Merry Christmas……” The festival atmosphere filled up the departmental store. It is another 14 days before Christmas.

Gary browsed through the range of necklace at the display window of Tiffany and Co.

“Maybe Ji Hyo like this.” Gary mumbled. He eyed on the star shaped necklace with a pink crystal in the centre.

“CEO Kang, another gift for your girlfriend?” The sales lady asked. Gary nodded. Though he kept a straight face, one can sense his shyness when the word girlfriend was mentioned.

“Shall we curved SJH behind the necklace?” The sales lady knew exactly what Gary wanted. Gary nodded. The sides of his mouth could be seen slightly curved up when Ji Hyo’s name is mentioned.

Gary took the gift box from the sales lady and drove to the apartment he shared with Ji Hyo. He put the gift carefully in the drawers. There were already countless number of gift boxes on the drawer and countless number of dresses, jeans and T-shirts he bought for Ji Hyo.

Gary took out one of the dresses he bought for Ji Hyo recently.

“Ji Hyo ar….please wear this when we have our Christmas dinner. Merry Christmas.” Gary said as he slide his hands on Ji Hyo’s photo placed on the bedside table.

“Kim Jong Kook, Kim Jong Kook” The fans chatted their idol’s name loudly.

“Ji Hyo Ssi, you will be the translator for Korean to Mandarin language. Please wait here. You shall be on stage in 2 minutes’ time.” The FD reminded Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo nodded. She was nervous. Though this is not the first time she plays the role of a Korean/Mandarin translator, she still felt insecure.  The qualified and licensed translator was down with measles. Ji Hyo is invited by Kim Jong Kook himself to stand in as the translator despite the fact that Ji Hyo has not got her certifications as a translator yet.  Ji Hyo was happy with the opportunity. She can gain some good experience.

Ji Hyo had been working hard for the past 2 years in Shanghai after she left Gary. She took up courses related to mandarin and translations, hoping to be a qualified translator one day.

While working hard at her studies, she also worked part time at a Korean restaurant. This is where she met Jong Kook. The first time when Jong Kook meet Ji Hyo, he was attracted by her smile. Then her manners impressed him. She is always patience with her customers, her sweet and cheerful smile made everybody happy. However, sometimes Jong Kook would find Ji Hyo sitting at a corner resting, she would be staring at some photos and clearly there were tears in her eyes.

After knowing Ji Hyo for a 6 months, Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo about the photos when he caught her sobbing.

“Nothing, Kim Jong Kook Ssi.” Ji Hyo tried to put on a smile.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter