Finally, is you? (II)

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Ji Hyo sat on the rocks, watching the waves pushing towards the shore. It was cold. She arrived at JeJu island yesterday evening. The Taiwan, overseas and Korean media surrounded her apartment in Taipei upon the news of Gary’s divorce was released. She was the ex Monday girlfriend.  She never expected that she would be hit by the news. After all, she is the “EX” love line and though they dated, they never announced their relationship to any media.

It was lucky that the drama she was filming had just come to an end. She is only required to be back in Taiwan for post productions, that will be like 2 weeks later. She decided to take a break, at the same time she needs some shelters from the media and the outside world. Ji Hyo decided to come to Jeju where she has friends, an old couple whom she has been helping them on funding their mandarin orange plantation which is also their livelihood.

“Ji Hyo dear, time for lunch.” A strong and loud voice came from the other end of the beach. Mama Kim always knew that Ji Hyo will come to this side of the beach to watch the sea and listen to the waves.

“Mama Kim, I am coming.” Ji Hyo shouted back.

“Mama Kim, let me go with Papa Kim to the petrol station to sell these oranges.” Ji Hyo volunteered.

“No No, you shouldn’t be doing that. People tend to recognize you.” Papa Kim objected to  the idea.

“Don’t worry, I can wear the Ajumma wig and wear the glasses. I always do that. No one ever recognize me.” Ji Hyo insisted to help. The 2 elders could only laughed at how Ji Hyo looked like after she put on the wig and glasses.

It was Gary’s second day on JeJu. He folded some of his clothes, throwing these into the backpack he brought with him.

“They will think I am still in this house as long as they see my luggage bag.” Gary decided to leave this village of Jeju and moved to some other smaller villages. He knew Jamie though their marriage only lasted a year. He is sure that very soon, his assistant Sam, will revealed his whereabouts to Jamie.

Gary doesn’t blame Sam. Not many people can bear with the nagging from Jamie.

Gary move around Jeju on the motor bike he rented. He came across this village nicked name as “eunsaeg meoli” (sliver hair, indicating that the village has many elderly). “The younger generation worked in Seoul. They seldom come back, only on the festive seasons. So the village…only left with old people like us. Young man, if you like a quiet little village with good sceneries. This is the right place. We have can see the sea, and there are many mandarin orange plantations and small farms around here.” The old land lord showed Gary the small little vacation house, located by the sea which Gary is going to stay for the next few days. “I like this place. Thank you.” Gary bowed. Gary spend most of his time strolling along the beach, clearing his mind as the cold winds brushed across his cheeks and his body.

“Is cold but I feel refresh.” Gary smiled.

“Kim Hyung, my tenant needs help.” Ji Hyo heard an elderly voice telling Papa Kim.

“My tenant called this morning. A fever is running, he needs some medication but I need to fetch some students to the other vacation house in another village. Both of my staff did not come to work today. Can your god daughter help?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter