When a Man Loves a Woman (2)

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one of those parties again. Rich people networking and socializing, showing off their social status, their luxurious cars, jewelries  and dresses. Gary was tried of such activities. He has initial rejected the invitation but he suddenly realized that he may get to see Ji Hyo on such occasions since she will be there to work as part time waitress.

Her part time job as waitress at cocktail parties, after event parties, all sort of parties always sparks arguments between Gary and Ji Hyo.

“Why do you have to work so hard? You have a day time job as a bank teller and yet you are working your nights and weekends off as a waitress. You have no time for me, no time for your friends and no time for yourself.” Gary complained.

“I have Sundays morning and afternoon for you and my friends.” Ji Hyo pouted as she unwrapped one of the candies taken from her bag, popping it in .

“Ji Hyo, I just don’t want you to overload yourself. You know, if you need the money…I can always support you….” Gary’s voice faded as Ji Hyo stared hard at him.

“Oppa, I don’t want your money. I don’t date you for your money. I am pleased with my earning power though my monthly income are peanuts compared to yours.” Ji Hyo said proudly.

“But Ji Hyo…spare a thought for me. Many of my friends attend these parties. If they know my girlfriend is a waitress….what will they think?” Gary blurted. He knows that Ji Hyo doesn’t want his money. He knows that she takes pride in what she does. But he is also fully aware how and what his friends will say about Ji Hyo if they know about her job.

“So Kang Gary, you are afraid that your rich friends will mock at you for taking a waitress as a girlfriend? So what if I quit the waitress job. I am still just a bank teller. Does that sound better to your friends? If you are so conscious, don’t bring me to meet your friends and your family. Just leave me alone.” Ji Hyo stormed off.

“Ji Hyo……..Stress!” Gary felt helpless and frustrated.

After a few arguments, Ji Hyo finally gave in. She quitted the part time waitress job. Gary was happy. “She will have more time for me now.” But to Gary’s surprise, Ji Hyo pick up another job as part time nanny helping families to take care of children during the weekends.

“I work indoors for this job. So no dangers of exposing myself and my not so glamourous jobs to your rich and prestigious friends.” Ji Hyo said with a sullen face.

To spend more time with Ji Hyo during the week days, Gary rented an apartment 2 streets away from Ji Hyo’s. He initially wanted an apartment next to Ji Hyo but later found that the space for those apart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter