The Maid - Meeting the young masters

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji Hyo, one of the maids serving breakfast to the young masters is sick. You will stand in for her for the next few days. Washed your hands and quickly follow me.” Choi En hurried Ji Hyo.

“Wow, Ji Hyo , you are so lucky. Is only your second month at work and you get to get close to the young masters.” Jung-In, the maid who sleeps next to Ji Hyo shook her arms excitedly.

“Who is she to get this opportunity?” The other maids threw angry looks at Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo was stacking the charcoal and woods at at corner of the kitchen. She quickly washed her hands and rushed off to the dining room with Choi En. Her face was stained with marks from charcoal.

“Ji Hyo, your face…you should clean it properly before serving the young masters.” Choi En noticed the stains on Ji Hyo’s face.

“Never mind, we are late serving breakfast. Anyway, you need to keep your head low. Hurry and come with me.” Choi En fasten her pace. Ji Hyo walked and ran after Choi En.

Ji Hyo followed instructions and brought the breakfast to the dining room.

Jong Kook was the first to notice that someone else was serving breakfast.

“You are new?” Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo.

“She is, her name is Song Ji Hyo. Moon Geun Young is down with measles. So Ji Hyo stands in for her.” Choi En explained.

“Guen Young is sick? Please take good care of her. Gun Hee and Dong Hoon, shall we visit Guen Young after breakfast?” Jong Kook asked.

“Master Jong Kook, visitation is not a good idea.  You may get the measles from her.” Choi En said.

“Ok, if you say so.” Jong Kook nodded.

“Who will be sending lunch to us?” Dong Hoon asked.

“I am making the arrangements.” Choi En assured.

“Get a pretty maid to send lunch to us. Hyung and myself will be at the warehouse this afternoon, surrounded by sweaty men. A nice lunch delivered by a pretty lady will be good.” Dong Hoon joked.

"What happened to her face." Jong Kook asked, he noticed the stains on Ji Hyo's face.

"Is a scar." Choi En quickly replied.

Ji Hyo went back to the kitchen to continue her chores after serving breakfast. She did not have a good look at any of the young masters since as maids, she was taught to always lower her head and pin her eyes on the ground when serving the masters.

“Ji Hyo, get ready to deliver lunch to the young masters. While Guen Young is sick, you will stand in for her to serve breakfast and deliver lunch.” Choi En instructed Ji Hyo.

“Don’t lost your way and don’t spill the food.” Choi En kept reminding Ji Hyo.

 “I can’t even remember how the young masters look like and yet I am delivering lunch to them.” Ji Hyo grumbled. She knew that this is her job and she should not grumbled. But she hated the way the other maids gossiped behind her back saying that she had done Choi En favors, that’s why Choi En gave her this opportunity of getting close to the young masters.

“I have no hidden agendas, I just want to work hard and earn money.” Ji Hyo sighed.

Ji Hyo followed the directions from Choi En and found the trading house that the Kangs owned. Her eyes were widely opened when she saw the amount of rice and sugar in the warehouse and how big the entire trading house is.

As Ji Hyo walked into the warehouse, men stopped their work and start staring. Ji Hyo thought maybe she is new, not the usual maid who always did the lunch delivery and that’s why these men were curious.

“New maid? Wow, she is pretty.” The men whispered.

Ji Hyo fasten her pace, she didn’t like the stares from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter