The Maid - Morning Love

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji Hyo continued to serve breakfast and lunch to the 3 young masters while Guen Young is still sick.

It’s always easy to serve lunch to Jong Kook and Dong Hoon since most of the time, these 2 young masters are at the trading house or at the warehouse. It was Hee Gun, who was more difficult to ‘track’ down since he is always in the fields.

After delivering lunch for a few days, Ji Hyo knew where exactly she to find Hee Gun when he did not come for lunch at the resting area.  

 “Why doesn’t he stays in the trading house like Master Jong Kook and Master Dong Hoon. Why suffered under the sun and soaked himself in the soil and sweats.” That was what Ji Hyo thinks initially.

But when she knew that Hee Gun was actually working on ways to catalyst and improve the growth of the crops, and target to spread the technique to other farmers to improve their life styles and standards of living, Ji Hyo was touched. Her father was a farmer. She herself also helped her family in the fields, she knew how tough farming in the fields are and how the families of farmers have to suffer for a good harvest.

“Oh, Mong Ji, you are here.” Hee Gun was delighted to see Ji Hyo.

Mong Ji is a new nicked name that Hee Gun gave to Ji Hyo because whenever he talked to her about farming matters (knowing that her family used to do farming for a living), Ji Hyo would response with a blank expression but yet able to enlighten Gary’s questions and topics with her experience in crops, soil, water and weathers.

This nicked name is only use between Hee Gun and Ji Hyo, Jong Kook and Dong Hoon still called her ‘Big scar’

“Mong Ji, come, let’s eat together.” Hee Gun pulled Ji Hyo to sit down with him under the shades of the big oak tree and pushed some food to Ji Hyo.

“No, Master Hee Gun. I bought my own lunch. Please don’t worry about me.” Ji Hyo attempted to move to another side of the tree to eat her plain buns and sweet potatoes congee. She is not supposed to eat together with Hee Gun.

The last time when she accepted food from Hee Gun, she had nightmares for several nights. Dreaming that Choi En found out that she ate Hee Gun’s food, she was severely punished in her dreams. No lunch and dinner for weeks, no wages for months. Her screams woke up some maids in the quarters. A few maids blamed her for their mistakes made during the day as they were waken up by her screams.

“I exchange food with you.” Hee Gun offered. “You give me one of the buns and I will give you 2 spoonful of pork and this chicken wing.”

“1 bun and I got all these meat and this chicken wing?” Ji Hyo couldn’t believe her ears.

“And you sit here besides me and eat with me.” Hee Gun pushed the food to Ji Hyo.

Hee Gun ignored the protests from Ji Hyo. He caught her by her arm and made her sits next to him. He had been enjoying Ji Hyo’s companionship for the past 2 weeks.

Hee Gun was making his way to the resting area for lunch. He was extremely excited. The suggestions from Ji Hyo about how to stable the growth of the crops seems to work. He wanted to share the good news with Ji Hyo.

“Mong…….” It wasn’t Ji Hyo delivering the lunch today. It was Guen Young. Guen Young finally recovered from her measles after resting for almost a mont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter