The Maid - Our Destiny Ends Here

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji Hyo, I need you to stay for another month or two to take care of Hee Gun in the North. You only need to take orders from Hee Gun and not the other people in this household.” Jae Suk told Ji Hyo.

Hee Gun is recovering well. He can now sit up on his own bed and eat his food which is usually prepared by Ji Hyo though there is a full time chef and male servant, and a few part time servants in this household of the Kangs in the North.  At times, he will take a stroll at the small garden in the house with the help of Ji Hyo. When nobody was looking, Hee Gun will hold Ji Hyo's hands into his or made Ji Hyo lay her head on his shoulders. Ji Hyo blushed and smiled sweetly when moments like these happened.

Sometimes, Hee Gun wanted to be close to Ji Hyo, he pretended to feel unwell and request Ji Hyo to feed him. He lay himself comfortably against his personal maid, enjoying his breakfast or lunch. He also requests Ji Hyo to stay with him in his room throughout the night with the same reason of being unwell. But of course, Ji Hyo was given a mattress at a corner of Hee Gun’s big bedroom to rest for the night while guarding him. 

Ji Hyo preferred to stay in Hee Gun’s room though she did want Hee Gun to get healthier each day. When Ji Hyo does not sleeps in Hee Gun’s room, a bed was given to her at the servants’ quarters. That means she has to share the same space with the chef and the servant who are both men. Though there were curtains shielding her from these men, Ji Hyo felt unsafe and inconvenient. At a few occasions, she actually thought that these 2 men were trying to peep at her when she changed or when she was sleeping. She did not know if these were her illusions or these 2 men did attempt dirty thoughts on her.

Ji Hyo did not want to bring this up to Hee Gun or Jae Suk. Hee Gun is on the road of recovery while Jae Suk is busy filling up the gaps for Hee Gun while take his rest.

Towards the third month of recovery, Hee Gun started going to the fields to check on the crops and to the trading house to check on the accounts despite Jae Suk’s protest.

“Father, don’t worry. I am getting so much better and fit to resume some light tasks.” Hee Gun assured his appa.

“Thanks to Ji Hyo’s efforts and hard work. “ Jae Suk commented.

“Yes, is Ji Hyo’s credits.” Hee Gun can’t help smiling and blushing when he heard about Ji Hyo’s name.

“Hee Gun, I think the best way to reward Ji Hyo….besides money, will be getting a good husband for her when we are back at the House of Kangs.” Jae Suk mentioned casually while he check on the new batch of sugar from the fields.

“What?” Hee Gun almost dropped the books that he was holding.

“Father, no. You can’t. I….” Hee Gun hesitated. He is not sure if he should tell Jae Suk his feelings towards Ji Hyo.

“Hee Gun, you have to remember. She is a maid. From our ancestors, from our history, we never have any of the masters marrying a maid. You may have developed some feelings for the maids. But once she is married and you had also started your own family, these feelings of puppy love will be gone.” Jae Suk continued to walk into the warehouse leaving Hee Gun staring at the ground.

Though Jae Suk never stop Ji Hyo from take care of Hee Gun on his personal needs or staying overnight in his bedroom, he always remind Hee Gun that Ji Hyo will be married to another man one day.

“I will find a good family for her in the South, perhaps a year or two later. No one knows what happened between you and her in the North. We have business in the South, she can still come under our employment even she goes to the South. This is my token of gratitude for her. So don’t ruined her reputation if you care for her.” Jae Suk repeated to Hee Gun on his plans.

Hee Gun had an urge to see Ji Hyo that night. He came out half way from the dinner with his father and his father’s best friend, Ji Suk Jin ,  a senior official who serves the central government.

As Hee Gun approached the servant quarters, he heard a woman’s scream.

“That sounds like Mong Ji.” Hee Gun kicked the door opened. His fury shot up when he sees the male servant trying to pull Ji Hyo into his embrace, at the same time attempting to kiss her lips.

Hee Gun pulled the male servant off Ji Hyo and punched him in his face. The male

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter