When a Man Loves a Woman (5)

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bolin Ssi, Let me send Ji Hyo home.” Gary offered.

“It is OK. I can make my way home, the last bus leaves at 11:30 pm. I still have 15 minutes.” Ji Hyo was clearing the cups and desserts plates on the coffee table.

“MoMo, please leave these. The part time domestic helper will do these tomorrow.” Bolin touches Ji Hyo’s hand to get her to put down the plates.

Gary looked away pretending that he did not see anything.

“OK. I shall make a move first.” Ji Hyo picked up her backpack.

“MoMo, thank you for helping to take care of Katie these few days. This is your pay cheque.” Bolin handed the cheque to Ji Hyo.

“Thank you, Bolin Ssi.” Ji Hyo bowed.

“You should call me BoBo. Please check the amount.” Bolin flashed his usual boyish smile.

“Oh….Bolin Ssi…this is…” Ji Hyo wasn’t sure if her eyes are reading the figures correctly. Bolin seems to have paid her 20% more than the agreed amount.

“Why? The figures not right? Did my secretary mess up the amount?” Bolin asked nervously.

“No No…is too much. I was only taking care of Katie. Ki Kwang went to the US with his mother. So there is no need to pay me so much.” Ji Hyo explained.

“It is OK. This is a token of my appreciation. Also, you can use the extra money to help your brother. His new school term starts soon. The money will be helpful.” Bolin smiled kindly.

“But…” Ji Hyo wanted to argue but Bolin stopped her. “You will miss your bus if you still continue to urge with me. You want to spend the night here? I don’t pay much for Over Time.” Bolin joked. Ji Hyo laughed as she thank Bolin again.

Gary was pretending to browse through his company emails on his phone.

“He even knows about Ji Hyo paying for her brother university fees. What else does he know? He is just an employer. Why he knows so much? Asking Ji Hyo to spend her night here? What are his intentions. Ji Hyo, don't listen to him.” Questions and doubts raced through Gary’s mind.

Flashback

“Ji Hyo, please take these money. This can help you with your brother’s university fees and also his accommodation fees.” Gary pushed a thick envelope into Ji Hyo’s hands.

“No need.” Ji Hyo pushed the envelope back to Gary as she blow her nose. She was down with a flu and a high fever since she has been working at cruise parties every night and it was winter. She needed money to send home to her father, he needed money to fix the broken fridge and rooftop while her brother needed the money to pay for his second term in university. The cold breeze and lack of rest made her fell sick.

Gary ‘caught’ her at one of the cruise party. He waited for her to finish her job that night so that he can send her home. She almost fainted at the carpark while looking for Gary’s car. Fortunately, Gary saw her leaning against the walls and quickly came to help her to the car.

“Just take them. I know you need them. And how you are going to work when you are that sick.” Gary touched the forehead of Ji Hyo, feeling her temperature. He felt guilty that he wasn’t aware that Ji Hyo has difficulties with life. He was busy working with the bank expansion and was posted to Hong Kong and China for almost 3 weeks to survey and study the Greater China market. It was when he called Ji Hyo on the day he came back to Seoul, Jin Yin picked up the call and scolded him for not taking care of his girlfriend.

Ji Hyo finally took half of the money but insist to pay him back every month.

End of Flashback

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter