The Maid - Anything for you

Monday Couple - Random and One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the fourth day that Hee Gun got home to the House of Kangs from the North. . Hee Gun’s success at the North was the talk of the town and brought him praises from many of the Kang’s associates. Many businessmen and officials flocked to see Hee Gun and invite him to dinners and partnerships discussions. Matchmakers had also come with marriage proposals from the well-known and rich families. For the past 3 days, Hee Gun’s time was fully packed with meeting with the business associates, with the local officials, and also with friends and relatives who welcomed him home.

Hee Gun wanted to meet Ji Hyo. That was the first thing he wanted to do when he was home but he was always busy and surrounded by people. He had many late night dinners and discussions with the Kang’s business associates, with his father and siblings, leaving him no energy to wake up in the mornings to meet Ji Hyo at the store room.

Finally, he was able to come to the store room this morning. He brought with him the gifts he bought for Ji Hyo.

No one was there at the store room. “Maybe is still early.” Hee Gun looked at the skies. “It not 5 am yet.” He told himself, smiling to himself. He had missed Ji Hyo badly. Hee Gun paced up and down outside the store room after waiting for 10 minutes. Is not like Ji Hyo will be late, she is always punctual.

“Master Hee Gun, why are you here?” A man in his early thirties bowed at Hee Gun.

“What are you doing here….where is Ji…I mean I couldn’t sleep and was taking a stroll and ended up here. What are you doing here?” Hee Gun bit his lips and tried to pretend he got lost when taking a stroll.

“This is the store room. I am the assistant chef. I am here to fetch the charcoals and woods for the kitchen.” The male servant said.

“You always do that?” Hee Gun asked tactfully.

“No, not exactly. I only take over this task 1 month ago.” The servant sighed.

“Take over?” Hee Gun asked. “Then where is Ji Hyo.” Hee Gun echoed his thoughts in his mind, also bit his lips in case the question about Ji Hyo rushed out from his mouth.

“Yes, the maid who is in charge of this task is assigned to take care of setting up and clearing the breakfast table for the masters. I really don’t know how a junior maid like her will get such relaxed chores. She must be a clever maid to win the hearts of young masters since it was rumored that the change if task is a request from one of the young masters.” The male servant was very unhappy with the reassignment of the chores, he spit out his bitter water to Hee Gun, forgetting that he is one of the Kangs.

Ji Hyo was carrying the plates and bowls to the washing area when someone grabbed her by her arms.

“Who….” Ji Hyo got a shock. Her eyes started to water when he saw the man in front of her.

“Master Hee Gun…..” Ji Hyo’s voice cracked.

“Mong Ji.” Hee Gun waited for Ji Hyo patiently at the small space behind the store room. No one usually comes here when meals times were finished.

“Mong Ji, I missed you so much. Let me take a good look at you.” Hee Gun stared at Ji Hyo, making Ji Hyo blushed.

“You are getting prettier.” Hee Gun touched Ji Hyo’s face gently, moving her strands of hair behind her ears.

“Master Hee Gun, you have lost weight.” Ji Hyo whispered. She gathered all her courage, lifted up her hand and touched Hee Gun’s face, tracing her fingers from his eye browns to his nose, to his cheekbones and finally his jawline.

“I came to look for you this morning but was told that you were no longer working on the charcoals and woods.” Hee Gun asked.

“Yes, Master Jong Kook asked Choi En Senior to give me lighter chores. He said the male servants should take care of the heavier chores.” Ji Hyo explained.

“I should thank hyung for taking care of you.” Hee Gun felt grateful to Jong Kook.

“But….Master Hee Gun….Master Jong Kook…….” Ji Hyo wanted to say something but she was cut off by someone pushing the doors of the store room.

“Quick, Mong Ji…” Hee Gun pulled Ji Hyo towards him so the both of them can fit into the small space and hide from the sight of the person coming into the store room.

“Put the woods here.” One of the male servants shouted.

Ji Hyo was trembling. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter