Chapter 9

I'm Your Secretary, Not Your Nanny!

A/N: Here's the update! 
Please comment and subscribeheart 

Yes, it was actually inspired by 'Protect The Boss' but since Mrs. Shim and other are characters present, it's going to be a lot different wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Tic…Tic…Tic…

“Ahem!”

The lights , revealing two people in the hall. A furious Minji, with hands crossed, and a tiptoeing Rim, who obviously was sneaking in.

“Ah, unnie!” Rim sheepishly waved. “You’re still not asleep?”

Minji raised her eyebrow. Was Rim kidding her?

“Where have you been?” Minji asked.

“Umm… Nowhere.” Rim smiled.

“Yah! Don’t lie to me! It’s…” Minji looked at the clock, hanging above the door. “…almost 12:30 A.M! Where have you been for 4 hours?”

Rim didn’t answer. Somehow she was more interested in the design of the carpet that she was standing on. Minji, being worried sick for her for 4 hours, was beginning to lose patience.

“Rim… Tell me…” Minji said softly.

“Nowhere…Really…” Rim replied.

“Tell me… Or… Or I’ll call Sungmin oppa.”

That’s it. She said it. She said those 4 magical words that instantly caught Rim’s attention. No way would she allow Minji call Sungmin. Every time she called Sungmin, he would throw away all his work and arrive to Seoul. Rim, tired of constantly interfering with her brother’s work, promised herself never to do anything to let Minji call Sungmin.

“Don’t!” She said.

“So, are you telling me or not?” Minji asked.

“I was at Shims’.” Rim mumbled, looking away.

“Where?”

“At Shims’!” Rim said.

“WHAT?!” Minji’s eyes widened.

She was at Shims’? For four hours? Why? Unless…

“Oh no he didn’t!” Minji’s eyes hardened.

“What?” Rim was confused.

“He took advantage of you?” Minji worriedly asked.

“Who?”

“Your boss! He… Oh he’s so dead!”

Minji was heading towards the door, ready to kill her best friend’s boss for taking advantage of Rim, when Rim understood what Minji was thinking. She hurriedly dashed forward and blocked the door, stretching out her arms.

“No! It’s not what you think, unnie!” Rim said.

“What?” Minji sighed in disbelief. “He even forced you to keep quiet about it? That bastard!”

“Ani!” Rim shook her head. “It wasn’t him.”

“Then who? He doesn’t have a brother, does he?”

“Ani! It was him mom.”

Minji frowned. His mom? What’s going on?

“You’ve got some explaining to do, young lady.” Minji said.

“Arasso.” Rim sighed. “But can I change first?”

Minji nodded and Rim went to her room. She quickly took a shower and brushed her teeth. Afterwards she put on her pjs and sat down on her bed.

“Ready to tell me?” Minji asked, sitting next to her.

 

FLASHBACK

“See you tomorrow sir.” Rim smiled.

Not only was she happy that she forced him to finish all the paperwork today, but she was also happy to see him off.

“Hopefully not.” Changmin mumbled, but so softly that no one could hear a thing.

Today, he was… Shocked? In the morning, his secretary burst into his room and woke him up roughly. During the entire day she looked cold and strict, just like his father, making Changmin fear her more. And the worst thing is, he was so scared that his tongue was tied, not being able to reply to her.

“Oh! Changmin-ah! Rim-ssi!” An excited voice caught their attention.

Changmin turned around and saw his mother approaching them, smiling widely. Rim went out of the car and bowed slightly.

“Hello, Mrs. Shim.” She smiled.

“Aigo!” Mrs. Shim smiled. “How was your day?”

“It was…” But Changmin got cut off.

“I was asking Rim-ssi.” Mrs. Shim said. “So, Rim-ssi?”

“It was good. Thank you for asking, Mrs. Shim.” Rim smiled.

“That’s good. Why don’t you come inside? I made cookies.” Mrs. Shim asked.

“Cookies?” Changmin’s eyes widened in delight.

Before even receiving any answer, Changmin ran into the house, leaving his secretary and his mother outside.

“So?” Mrs. Shim smiled.

“Ani… Sorry Mrs. Shim… My friend is…” But Mrs. Shim shook her head.

“Your friend will understand. Come on!”

Without any further ado, Mrs. Shim took Rim’s arm and softly dragged her to the house. As they entered the house, Mrs. Shim took Rim to the kitchen, where Changmin was devouring the freshly baked cookies.

“Stop eating like a pig!” Mr. Shim hit Changmin’s head with a rolled newspaper.

Changmin rolled his eyes and then looked around, until he met Rim’s piercing gaze. He let go off the cookies and quickly headed towards his bedroom.

“What was that?” Mr. Shim asked. “Oh, Secretary Lee!”

But as Changmin saw Rim’s piercing gaze, Mr. Shim noticed his wife’s disapproving look.

“Anyways, I’ll go and take care of something.”

Just like his son, Mr. Shim rushed out of the kitchen.

“What’s with all the commotion?” The grandparents Shim came into the kitchen.

“Oh, isn’t that the pretty secretary?” Grandmother Shim asked.

“Hello.” Rim smiled as she bowed.

“Definitely her.” Grandfather Shim smiled.

For the next hours, Rim was under Mrs. Shim’s and the grandparents’ control. It seemed like 3 of them wanted to make up for all the time they haven’t raised a girl.

“Aigo! You’re so cute!” Mrs. Shim said, making Rim blush.

“Umm… Thank you…” Rim said. “Can I go now?”

“Are we that boring?” Grandfather Shim nervously asked.

“A-a-ani…” Rim shook her head. “It’s just that my friend must be worried.”

“She’ll understand.” Mrs. Shim said. “Now, let’s see…”

And this way 4 hours passed.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“Hahaha!” Minji was holding her tummy, laughing hardly.

“Yah! It’s not funny!” Rim pouted.

“So… You were their daughter for 4 hours?” Minji asked.

“Sort of…” Rim mumbled.

“Hahaha!”

A pillow flew and hit Minji’s laughing face.