Chapter 37

I'm Your Secretary, Not Your Nanny!

 

“What’s going on?” Rim mumbled as she entered the elevator.

Ever since she walked in, all Rim could hear was the workers whispering something to each other, the news shocking them. Rim sighed deeply as the elevator doors opened and was about to step out when she looked up and gasped. In front of her was none other than her boss, Shim Changmin.

“Lee!” He said, crossing his arms over his chest. “You’re late!”

“Huh?” Rim looked at him with widened eyes, slowly coming back to her senses. “I’m 5 minutes early!” She pointed to the huge clock hanging above her seat.

“You came in later than me! That means you’re late!” Changmin said loudly. “And don’t reply back!” He pointed at her with a threatening look. “Bring me a coffee.”

With that he made a 180 degree rotation and went to his office.

“First time in life comes early and tells me I’m late.” Rim puffed her cheeks and went to get him a coffee.

Meanwhile, Changmin was twirling in his seat, a huge grin plastered on his face.

“What are you so happy about?” A voice asked, making Changmin stop.

“Hyung!” Changmin stood up and went to hug Junsu.

“So, what made you smile so much?” Junsu asked, sitting opposite to Changmin, crossing his legs. “And it’s first time I’m seeing you so early in your office. Did you hit your head or you’ve got fever?” He asked, reaching out to check Changmin’s temperature.

“I’m fine, thank you very much.” Changmin replied, slapping Junsu’s hand away, which made the older male chuckle in response. “Can’t I just be happy?”

“For our gloomy maknae to be smiling, I say something huge has happened. Let me guess… Hmm… You got out of that ‘Chaerin’ image?”

“Don’t remind me… It was- Wait a minute! How do you know?”

“Yoochun told me. He also told me how you beat him to wear the dress. I’ve got to say, you beating Yoochun is the most interesting part. Have you been working out?”

*I can’t lose to my secretary, now can I?* Changmin thought. “Yes…”

“That’s good.” Junsu nodded. “How are things with your dad?”

While the two were discussing about Chairman, Rim was walking towards the office when someone appeared in front of her, blocking the way.

“Oh, ahnyeongseyo Mr. Hoe.” Rim smiled as she looked up and recognized Chairman’s secretary.

“Miss Lee, Chairman wishes to see you. Now.” Mr. Hoe said and walked towards the elevator, Rim following him silently.

Rim was silent the entire time, just like Mr. Hoe.

“Oh, Secretary Lee!” Chairman smiled as Rim and Mr. Hoe entered his office. “Sit down.”

“Yes, sir.” Rim bowed and sat opposite to Chairman, Mr. Hoe standing behind Chairman.

“Now, I called you here for a reason.” Chairman linked his hands. “I want you to continue training Changmin, as you promised. His disappearance left us behind schedule.”

Rim nodded. *You have no idea by how much.*

“I want you to get him back on track. The company’s anniversary is coming soon and I want him to be presentable enough so that I can get the directors off my back.”

“Is that all, sir?” Rim asked.

“For now, yes.” Chairman nodded. “Sorry for taking away your time though.”

“It’s alright, sir.” Rim said, standing up and straightening her skirt. “I’m going to leave now.” She bowed and headed out of the office.

“Sir, the company’s anniversary is month away.” Mr. Hoe said. “You think she’ll be able to handle it?”

“I’m pretty sure she can.” Chairman smiled. “Now, Hoe, we have a meeting to attend. Where are the files?”

“Right under your elbows, sir.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Minnie has been secretly working out... Cute, no? Last update for today and I don't know when I'll update again, but will try to update soon :)(:

Please comment and subscribeheart

For future Jae fic: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/92480