Chapter 26

I'm Your Secretary, Not Your Nanny!

 

A/N: Happy Birthday to DBSK's maknae Changmin! We love you baby Minnie!

Please comment and subscribe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hmm… Let’s see…” Rim mumbled as she looked at the folder in her hands. “A meeting with the Chairman… Cancelled… Meeting with the BOD… Cancelled… Aish… Everything’s cancelled!” Rim sighed in frustration and closed her eyes. “That jerk… Halting business like this…”

It was the end of the working day and Rim had the entire job of a President on her hands. Not like she wasn’t used to because Changmin always refused to do it and left it on her. So since the beginning, Rim was the ‘unofficial’ President of Shim Inc.

“Isn’t he scared of being removed by the Chairman?” Rim mumbled, putting the folder back on the shelf and grabbing her purse. “Nowadays Chairman looks like he’s going to explode.”

Rim sighed as she stepped into the bus, going back home. It was true as Chairman’s son has disappeared a month ago and is now nowhere to be found. No one knew about it except the family members, along with Rim and Secretary Hoe, Chairman Shim’s secretary. The company would be in grave danger if the media found out about it.

“I’m home.” Rim said as she opened the door of the apartment.

“Get in here.” Sungmin’s cold voice from the living room startled her.

Gulping nervously as she took off her shoes, Rim quietly entered the living room. Minji was sitting next to angry Sungmin, her head hung low. Rim looked at what her brother was staring at and gasped in shock.

“What is this?” Sungmin asked as he pointed at the suitcase.

Rim didn’t know what to reply. It was Changmin’s suitcase, closed, not showing any clothes, but the initials ‘S.C’ was a dead giveaway that it wasn’t Minji’s nor Rim’s. Rim bit her inner cheek as she thought of a way to get out of this. She was sure that they hid Changmin’s suitcase under the sofa. But Sungmin was sleeping there, so no doubt he felt the suitcase underneath.

“I… I…” Rim couldn’t reply.

“I’m going out.” Sungmin stood up. “By the time I come back, I expect to receive an HONEST answer about EVERYTHING.”

Sungmin grabbed his coat and slammed the door as he went out of the apartment. No matter how much he wanted to know what that was all about, Sungmin knew that he’d get madder at his sister’s excuse and he didn’t want to hurt her. All the pieces began to fit; his sister’s weird behavior, Minji’s weird behavior and plus this suitcase. The conclusion was one: There was SOMEONE hiding in Rim’s room.

“What are we going to do?” Rim asked as she looked at Minji.

“I don’t know.” Minji mumbled. “But one thing’s for sure. We can’t reveal the truth.”

“So, you’re saying we should lie to my brother?”

“I’m thinking yes. Or else, it’s bye-bye to Shim Inc. heir.” Minji said, looking straight into Rim’s dark orbs.

“Do you have a plan?”

Minji shook her head. They knew that they couldn’t tell that Rim’s boss was hiding there, nor could they tell that there was a young, handsome man with them. But they knew that Sungmin wasn’t stupid and figured that they were hiding someone.

“Wait a minute.” Minji whispered.

“What?”

“I got it!” Minji stood up with a wicked grin plastered on her face.

“Oh-oh.” Rim knew that Minji found a solution, but it involved a daring action.

Minji ran off to Rim’s room, Rim following her.

At the same time, Sungmin began to walk home, feeling uneasy about future discussion. Who was his sister hiding? Why she hid the truth from him? How long has the person been hiding there? Too many questions and not a single answer.

“Aish!” Sungmin ran his hand through his hair, frustrated. “I’m going to go crazy!”

He opened the door of the apartment and closed it.

“I’m back.” He said loudly and stomped over to the kitchen.

Sungmin grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and went to the living room, gulping it down. When Minji and Rim entered, followed by a person, Sungmin chocked on the water while staring at the person.

“Ahnyeongseyo.” The person bowed. “Song Chaerin imnida.”