Chapter 49

I'm Your Secretary, Not Your Nanny!

 

The sunrays passed through the window, landing on to the couple that was lying on the bed. The girl softly moaned and turned around, snuggling under the blanket when she felt something on her tiny waist. She struggled to open her eyes, the sleep trying to take over. When she finally succeeded, she stared at the male with a blank expression before realization hit her, making her scream.

“Ouch!” The male fell out of the bed in surprise, the blanket following him down to the floor. “What?!” He asked, sitting up and looking around.

“You!” Rim said, pointing at him. “What were you doing in my bed?”

“Aish.” Changmin sighed, standing up and trying to straighten his already crumpled clothes. “It was too late to drive back home. So Minji asked me to stay.”

As Rim slipped out of the bedroom and went to the washroom, Changmin sat on the bed, pouting as he saw her close the door. Truth be told, he wasn’t asleep when Rim woke up. He was awake for about an hour now; staring at sleeping Rim and running his hand through her silky hair. Call him a creep or whatever; he didn’t care as long as he could feel her next to him.

“You do realize that you look like a freak now, right?” Rim asked, coming out of the shower.

“No!” Changmin shrugged it off.

Rim glared at her boss before walking out towards the kitchen, while Changmin happily skipped behind her, a huge childish grin plastered on his face.

“Morning, unnie!” Rim said, entering the kitchen.

“Morning.” Minji smiled and continued to eat her toast. “How was the sleep?”

“It was good.” Rim nodded.

She sat next to Changmin, who was silently eating his own breakfast, silently looking at Rim, who was oblivious. Minji looked at them and tried to hide her chuckle when she noticed her best friend glance at Changmin and quickly avert her eyes away as she saw him look at her.

“Oh!” Rim exclaimed as her phone rang. “Oppa!” She smiled as she saw the name of the caller. “Oppa! How are you? How is-”

Rim walked out of the kitchen, wanting to talk in silence. She definitely couldn’t speak with Changmin around; he was making her nervous just by being next to him. It was a miracle that she didn’t faint when waking up.

“If you really like her, then do something about it.” Minji said without looking up, making Changmin look at her in surprise.

“How did you-”

“Oh please! Anyone with a pulse can see you’re in love with Rimmie, except the thick-skinned girl herself.” She scoffed.

“What if she rejects me?” He asked, flabbergasted that he’s being so open with her.

“Why don’t you just try?” Minji asked, winking. “Oh!” She quickly shut up as she saw Rim coming back.

“Did I miss anything?” Rim asked as she noticed the change in the atmosphere.

“Nope.” Minji smiled awkwardly while Changmin shook his head.

“Alright.” Rim arched her eyebrow and sat next to Changmin.

“You are free today, right?” Minji asked and smiled when Rim nodded. “So that means you don’t have any plans for today?” Rim nodded absentmindedly.

Changmin looked at Minji as if she had two heads instead of one and almost yelped when she kicked his leg under the table. He glared at her but his expression turned to confusion when Minji began tilting her head towards Rim, cursing Changmin in her mind for being too dense. After few moments, it finally hit him; what Minji was trying to hint.

“Lee.” He said, making her head snap at him. “We’re going out.”

“What?” She asked, surprised at his sudden ‘declaration’.

“You have 10 minutes.” He said and was about to head out when he stopped and looked at Minji. “Do you have any spare MALE clothes?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: A short update which was requested *more like forced* by my niece *the angel with two horns*.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed it.

I'm so sorry for those who are waiting for an update in 'Betrothed To The Vampire'. I'm a bit busy and since this story has more readers, I'm updating this one. But when I do update the other one, which is probably this weekend, I'll update several chapters, I promise!!!

Please comment and subscribeheart