Chapter 43

I'm Your Secretary, Not Your Nanny!

 

“Master!” The maid knocked on the door. “The dinner is ready.”

“I’m coming!” Changmin yelled, making the maid leave.

He sighed as he ruffled his wet hair with the towel, his mind drifting off towards his secretary.

“Changmin-ah, you’re going crazy.” He mumbled.

He quickly changed to grey sweatpants and a white wife beater, revealing his well toned muscles. He walked downstairs; his hair still wet making it look as if he just finished shooting an ad for gel. He took his seat next to his mother.

“So, I’ve seen Jiyong today.” Mr. Shim said, cutting the stake.

“Yes. I’ve asked him to help Changmin and Rim-Rim with the design.” Mrs. Shim smiled as she took a glass of water.

“I have to say, the boy has a talent. His design was just what we needed. Now, Changmin, do you have a date for the party?” He asked, making his son choke.

“Y-y-yes, appa.” Changmin said after taking a gulp of water.

“Is that so?” Mr. Shim raised his eyebrow. “Who is it?”

“It’s Rim.” Changmin said, his eyes staring at his plate.

“THE SECRETARY?!” His father yelled but got kicked on his shin by Mrs. Shim, who glared at her husband.

“What a splendid thing to do!” Grandmother Shim cooed. “Rim is such a lovely young lady!”

“But omma-”

“Silence.” Grandfather Shim said in a stern voice. “Since I’m still alive, I’m the head of the family. And I approve of Rim as Changmin’s date for the event.”

“But-”

“Case dismissed.” Grandfather Shim said and sent a secret wink towards his grandson who smiled in return.

While the Shims had dinner, Rim was sitting on the sofa, not paying attention to the show that was going on right now.

“Rim-ah, what’s wrong?” Minji asked as she turned off the TV, making the younger girl look at her.

“Nothing.” Rim mumbled, looking at her feet.

“Alright, something did happen but you’re not telling me.” Minji sighed. “I’ve known you for a long time. Now spill it.”

“I’m going to the company’s annual celebration.” Rim said, earning an encouraging nod from Minji to continue. “I’m going there as Changmin-ssi’s date.” She said, making Minji stare at her for a long time. “What?”

“You like him.” Minji said bluntly, making Rim blush.

“I don’t!” Rim said.

“You do. Otherwise you wouldn’t have blushed.” Minji pointed out, chuckling.

*Do I?* Rim thought. *Is that why my heart beats so fast whenever he’s near? Is that why I feel butterflies in my stomach when he calls me?*

“So, what about the party?” Minji asked, snapping Rim out of her thoughts.

“Oh, I don’t have a dress.” Rim looked at Minji. “And his cousin, Jiyong-ssi, told me to go together.”

“Ah…” Minji nodded. “Wait a minute.” Minji stood up and ran somewhere. “I know a designer…” She yelled and came back with a card in her hands. “Her name is CL and she’s a famous designer. You can go to her boutique called ‘SKY’ and tell her that you were sent by me.”

Rim looked at the card. “Are you sure?”

“Positive.” Minji nodded. “I’ve known CL ever since I was 12. Her taste is awesome and she’ll really help you out.”

Rim nodded and put the card down.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: A short update.

Please comment and subscribeheart

I've updated the character information for the Jae fic but I won't be updating it yet:http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/92480/betrothed-to-the-vampire-dbsk-jaejoong-tvxq

And check out my new story, which is a two-shot: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/169301/the-most-beautiful-mistake-i-ever-made-changmin-dbsk-heartbreak-jaejoong-taeyang-tvxq