Chapter 21

I'm Your Secretary, Not Your Nanny!

 

Decided to be a Santa and give you a gift xD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Rim-ssi!”

Rim was startled when Mrs. Shim appeared out of nowhere, making her drop all the papers in her hands.

“Ahnyeongseyo, Mrs. - I mean eomma.” Rim smiled and slightly bowed before bending down and gathering all the papers.

“Oh, sorry for startling you, my dear.” Mrs. Shim sheepishly smiled as she helped Rim.

“Ani, it’s alright. I’ll do it myself.” Rim said, feeling embarrassed.

“Gwenchana.” Mrs. Shim smiled. “Are you free?”

“Ne.” Rim smiled.

“Great then!” Mrs. Shim clasped her hands. “Let’s go!”

With that she took Rim’s hand and dragged her outside to her car.

“B-b-but my work…” Rim tried to protest.

“Changmin isn’t here, sweetie.” Mrs. Shim smiled bitterly, making Rim feel guilty. “Anyways, we’re going to my favorite restaurant.”

The two females drove to one of the most expensive restaurants in Seoul. As they came inside, the waiter bowed and sent a soft smile to them. He led them to a private room where two people were already sitting in silence.

“Oh, Eun Ji-ah!” A female smiled.

“Min Hee!” Mrs. Shim smiled.

The other person turned around, revealing himself to be none other than Kim Jaejoong.

“Oh, Rim-ssi!” He smiled widely as he stood up.

“Jaejoong-ssi.” Rim slightly bowed.

 “Let’s sit.” Mrs. Shim smiled.

“Let me help you.” Jaejoong said as he pulled away the seat and waited for Rim to sit.

“Omo! Jaejoong-ah, since when are you so gentlemanly?” Mrs. Kim gasped.

“Eomma!” Jaejoong whined as he sat next to Rim. “Don’t pay attention to my mom, Rim-ssi.”

Mrs. Shim and Mrs. Kim giggled as they saw the interaction between the youngsters. Mrs. Kim really adored Rim since she only had two sons. Rim and Jaejoong, on the other hand, were talking about random stuff, getting to know each other.

“And then I told Yunho to…”

Jaejoong got interrupted by Rim’s ringtone.

“Mianhe.” Rim excused herself and went out.

As soon as Rim was out of sight, Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Shim quickly attacked Jaejoong with questions.

“Jaejoong-ah, do you like her?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“EOMMA!” Jaejoong said in a scolding voice.

“Awww… My baby boy is growing up!” Mrs. Kim squealed.

Jaejoong sighed in defeat and decided to stay quiet. Seriously, his mother tried to find him a girl for such a long time that she took every chance there is to make her son date. But truth be told, he wouldn’t mind if his mother’s next target was Lee Rim.

“Yah, Eun Ji-ah.” Mrs. Kim looked at Mrs. Shim. “You wouldn’t mind Jaejoong going out with Rim, would you?”

Mrs. Shim bit her lower lip. Ever since her friends met Rim, all of them wanted Rim to date their sons, not even caring about the fact that Rim was a secretary.

Rim, on the other hand, was answering the call from her boss.

“Lee!!!” Changmin whined on the other side of the line as he was lying on the sofa.

“Yes?” Rim asked, sighing deeply.

“I’m bored!”

“So?”

“Come home!”

“I’m sorry, but I’m busy.”

“Busy? With what?”

“I have a meeting.”

“With whom?” Changmin quickly sat up as he heard her say that.

“Private. Now don’t disturb.”

With that Rim hung up and went back in.

“Did she just hang up on me?” Changmin asked as he stared at the display of his phone.