Chapter 52

I'm Your Secretary, Not Your Nanny!

A/N: Well, the long awaited update *blame AFF since I couldn't even log in*! This story is ending with the next chapter and I know it's a bit rushed. But I got inspired to write new stories so yeah, two stories with Jaejoong and Changmin, AGAIN. They'll be somewhat similar and yet different. I've started Jaejoong's foreword but lost it during the server crash so you'll have to wait. But I'll start Changmin's in a day or so. Please support me, ne?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, how was it?” Minji asked as she opened the door.

“We went to the cinema.” Rim replied, taking off her shoes.

“Which movie?”

“The Woman in Black.”

“Of all the movies, did you have to choose a horror?! You could’ve gone to a romantic movie instead!”

Rim rolled her eyes and went inside her room. She threw herself onto the bed and pouted. Rim expected movie to be scary but the one who got terrified was Changmin. Even though the movie wasn’t frightening, Changmin still was too afraid so let’s just say he didn’t even watch 75% of the movie.

“Stupid guy.” She mumbled. “Dragging me to the cinema and yet not watching the movie.”

Changmin, on the other hand, was walking towards his room, happily whistling when he saw his father standing at the doorway.

“We need to talk.” Mr. Shim said and send the ‘I’m-serious’ look.

Changmin swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded. He followed his father to the office and was surprised when he saw the entire family sitting there, looking at each other with confused looks.

“What’s going on, son?” Grandfather Shim asked.

“Couple of hours ago I talked with Mr. Seo and we decided that-”

“Arranged marriage?” Mrs. Shim shouted as she stood up. “How could you?”

“No!” Mr. Shim began to look confused. “How did you even think of that?”

“Why? You talk to girl’s parents, have some company merger, marry our son to the one he doesn’t love and then send him away!”

“Well, you did guess some points but there is no marriage! You watch way too many dramas, woman!”

“If it’s not the marriage, then what is it?” Grandmother Shim asked.

“Well, we do have a business plan. I was planning on opening a huge hotel in Shanghai so I needed Mr. Seo’s help. In order to make that happen, I need to send Changmin to Shanghai for two months.”

“BWOH?!”

“I just have one question, dad.” Changmin looked at his father. “Who will be going with me?”

“Only Secretary Moon.”

“What about Rim?”

“What do you mean? She’s going to stay here, obviously. I can’t let such a sweetheart like her go to Shanghai with you!”

“But dad!”

“No buts! Go to your room and start packing! You’ll be leaving for Shanghai tomorrow morning!”

Changmin ran out of the office, cursing under his breath while Mrs. Shim hit her husband.

“Ouch! What was that for?” Mr. Shim yelled.

“How can you be so dense?” Mrs. Shim hissed. “Can’t you see? He wants Rim-Rim to go with him!”

“But why? OUCH! MOTHER!”

“He’s a handsome young man, she’s a beautiful young lady! DO THE MATH!” Grandmother Shim hissed.

“Huh?!”

“GOD! How did I even marry someone as stupid as you?!” Mrs. Shim hissed before she ran away to comfort her son.

Changmin was lying on the bed, preventing his tears from falling down when a soft hand ran through his hair.

“Mom?” He whispered shakily.

“You can cry if you want to.” His mother smiled.

Changmin didn’t say anything but scooted to his mother and hugged her.

“You want to tell me what’s going on?” Mrs. Shim asked.

“I…I… I love Rim.” Changmin sighed. “I don’t want to be away from her.”

“Well why don’t you say that to her?”

“She hates my guts.”

“What if she loves you as well? Are you going to wait for two months and risk having heartache?”

Changmin sighed. His mother was right. It has been going on way too long (A/N: Even author is getting tired) He stood up, grabbed his jacket and ran outside. He quickly got into his black Audi and drove at high speed towards Rim’s apartment. No matter what, he had to tell her how he felt.

“I’m coming! I’m coming! Sheesh!” Minji sighed. “What’s wrong with-”

“Is Rim home?” Changmin asked, hurriedly taking off his shoes.

“Yeah. She’s in the bedroom. Why-”

Changmin didn’t hear her as he hurriedly ran to Rim’s room and opened her door, without even bothering to knock. Luckily, Rim was just sitting on her bed, staring at her computer.

“Oh, what are you doing here?” She asked as she looked at him.

“I… I… I…”

“You?”

“I’m leaving for Shanghai tomorrow morning.” Changmin blurted out.

“Oh, well you could’ve called me.” Rim smiled.

“I’ll be gone for two months.”

“Well then, I won’t be irritated for two whole months then!” Rim forced herself to chuckle.

“Will you stop joking?!” He yelled.

“Why? Should I be crying then?” Rim whispered.

“Maybe.” He whispered as he sat next to her. “Lee, I have something to tell you.” He took a deep breath. “I love you, Lee Rim.”

“Bwoh?!”

“Y-you heard me.” His face became red.

“I-I-I…”

“I know you probably don’t feel the same and I know it’s a bit rushed. But if by any chance you feel the same, please come to send me off.”

With that said he stood up and hurried out of her apartment, leaving Rim shocked. Minji hurried to Rim’s room and glanced at her frozen friend.

“What happened?” Minji asked.

“He… He just confessed to me.”

“And what did you say?”

“Nothing.”

“NOTHING?”

“He’s leaving tomorrow. Two months in Shanghai.”

“So what? You’re not letting this get into your way, are you? You guys love each other so don’t let anything stop you!”