Chapter 48

I'm Your Secretary, Not Your Nanny!

 

“Argh!” CL moaned as she clutched her head in pain.

“What happened?” Rim asked, worried as she looked at the designer’s pained face.

“Brain freeze.” Bom sighed and continued to sip her apple juice.

“Oh.”

Rim, who was sitting beside CL, patted her back soothingly. CL closed her eyes and massaged her temples, trying to ease the pain. While studying Min Young, CL didn’t notice how much of strawberry milkshake she drank; leading to this condition that she was in.

“So, Min Young-ssi, how old are you?” Jaejoong asked, trying to start a conversation as he saw that his friends couldn’t care less.

“I’m 22.” The girl replied.

“Oh, you’re the same age as CL unnie then!” Rim said with a smile.

Min Young smiled back awkwardly, obviously not used to being in such a company. Her eyes were roaming everywhere and landed on Changmin, who was looking at his phone, probably playing a game.

“Chaerin-ah, should we go home?” Bom asked with concern in her voice.

CL didn’t reply and just nodded. Rim helped CL to stand up and they were about to leave when Junsu and Yoochun offered their help. Yoochun, being too eager, slipped his hand onto CL’s petite waist and helped her out of the ballroom, with Junsu and Bom following them.

“I smell something sweet in the air.” Jiyong smiled as he watched the red wine swirl in the glass.

“Jiyong-ah, the wine is too close to your nose.” Changmin said, not looking up.

“Dense as usual.” Jiyong muttered, taking a sip.

Jaejoong chuckled as he heard the comment that the younger male did, inwardly agreeing with him. Rim glanced at her watch and sighed as she noticed it was 11:27 P.M.

“You want to go home?” Changmin asked, noticing her gloomy face.

Rim nodded as she remembered promising Minji to be home by 12:00. Minji, on the other hand, went on a date with Kang Daesung, her old classmate whom Rim adored. The guy may not be one of those pretty boy types, but he definitely had character.

“Let’s go then.” Changmin said, standing up and linking their arms together. “Hyungs, Min Young-ssi, good bye.”

Rim just waved and the couple disappeared in the sea of guests. Jaejoong and Yunho looked at each other with disappointment, before excusing themselves and leaving Miss Seo alone.

“How was it, dear?” Mrs. Seo asked as she approached her daughter.

Min Young shook her head, fighting back the tears that threatened to fall from her double-eye-lidded eyes. “He didn’t remember me, eomma!” She said, looking at her perfectly manicured nails.

Rim walked with Changmin towards his car, blushing as she heard her heart beat faster with each minute. She hated to admit it, but she had indeed fallen for this self-absorbed boss, whose name is Shim Changmin. Changmin on the other hand, was smiling inwardly as he felt her arm around his, his heart fluttering at the thought of it. He frowned as he saw the car not too far away, cursing the valet boy for such a lame parking.

“Are you sleepy?” He asked as he saw Rim yawn, her hand covering .

Rim nodded and tilted her head backward, shifting as she tried to find the most comfortable position to sleep in. As they drove through the night, Changmin would occasionally look at her, smiling as he sees her sleeping peacefully. Even when they reached her building, he didn’t wake her up. Instead, he carried her bridal style all the way to her apartment.

“Thank God you’re home! I thought that-” Minji began to lecture as she opened the door but stopped when she saw her best friend sleeping soundly in Changmin’s arms.

Without saying a word, Changmin managed to take off his shoes and walked towards Rim’s room, while Minji locked the door. He gently put her onto the bed and tucked her in, removing the strands that fell on her face. He sat on his knees and looked at her, admiring how the moon shone on her porcelain skin, revealing her beauty even more.

“You know, you can stay if you want to.” Minji said as she stood at the doorstep.

She didn’t even let him thank her as she quickly closed the door and sighed, a small smile appearing on her cute face.

“Lovebirds.” She giggled and skipped to her bedroom.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know you all hate me for updating so late but I had a good excuse! Anyways, as you can see, we have a drama coming up... But this won't be a heart-wrenching, make-you-cry type of drama.... That one is probably going to come at the end of July, when I'll finish both 'I'm your secretary, not your nanny!' and 'Betrothed to the vampire'.

Please comment and subscribe or no updates for you, my readers cheeky