Chapter 40

I'm Your Secretary, Not Your Nanny!

 

“Here are the reviews of previous celebrations.” Mr. Hoe said as he handed a huge red folder to Rim. “I also added the name and address of the boutique from where all the decorations are ordered.”

“Thank you Mr. Hoe.” Rim smiled as she opened the folder and looked at the content. “So, the setting is the new Shine Hotel owned by Shim Inc?” Rim asked, looking at Mr. Hoe.

“Yes, we have to promote the new hotel by inviting the top C.E.O’s of our country.” Mr. Hoe nodded.

“I see.” Rim sighed and looked at her boss, who was completely oblivious to this.

“Sir…” Mr. Hoe was about to say something when Rim slapped Changmin’s arm, gaining his attention.

“Pay attention, will you?” She said through gritted teeth.

“But it’s so boring!” He retorted back.

“It’s your duty as President!”

“Mr. Shim.” Mr. Hoe interfered. “Your evaluation by the BOD members will be based on your presentation of this celebration. If you fail this, you might have to step down from your position.”

“BWOH?!” Changmin and Rim stared at him with disbelief.

“I’m afraid it’s true.” Mr. How sighed as he stood up, heading towards the exit. “Miss Lee, I expect all the ideas to be handed to me by the end of this week.”

As he left, Mr. Hoe quickly ran to the stairs, where a figure was waiting for him.

“So?” The voice asked.

“Everything is done.” Mr. Hoe bowed.

“Excellent! Did you contact the boutique and tell them?”

“Yes, ma’am.” Mr. Hoe nodded. “But may I inquire why?”

“I’m expecting a daughter-in-law!” Mrs. Shim squealed as she walked away towards her son’s office, ready to eavesdrop.

“Ah… I see…” Mr. Hoe nodded. “Daughter-in-law… DAUGHTER-IN-LAW?! Chairman is going to be so mad.” Mr. Hoe shook his head. “No wonder she wants to keep it a secret. But will Chairman allow it? Hmm… She’ll have no problem.” Mr. Hoe shrugged it off and walked away.

Changmin and Rim, on the other hand, were arguing as Changmin refused to cooperate.

“I SAID I DON’T WANT TO!” He yelled, twirling in his chair.

“YOU HAVE TO OR YOU’LL GET FIRED!” Rim shouted.

“SO WHAT?!”

“I told you!” Rim said in stern voice, calming down. “You need to do it.”

“But it’s so boring! We have to entertain some old classical-loving geezers!” He whined, throwing his arms out in frustration.

“Not true!” Rim said. “I heard their children are also going to come; handsome young men and gorgeous young ladies.”

“I’m not a ert!” Changmin snapped. “And don’t you even dare to think about flirting with those stupid men.”

“It’s not like I’m going to attend this celebration anyway.”

“You are!”

“Who said?”

“ME!”

“I’m not required there!”

“I need you!”

“BWOH?!”

*My stupid mouth* Changmin cursed. “I said you’ll be there and that’s final!”

“W-w-wae?” Rim stuttered.

“I told you before not to question your boss, didn’t I?” Changmin said, trying to hide his embarrassment. “Now go!”

Rim puffed her cheeks and stomped away, opening the door and getting a shock.

“Ahnyeong, eommoni.” She smiled slightly before walking away.

Mrs. Shim entered the room and closed the door.

“Eomma, what are you doing here?” Changmin asked, walking towards his mother when suddenly her fist met his arm. “Ouch! What was that for?” He yelled.

“Stupid… Son…” Mrs. Shim said, each word followed by a hit. “Why… Are you…So…Dense? Aish! Seriously!” She growled in frustration and walked away, leaving Changmin in confusion and pain.

“I thought she was already having menopause.” He mumbled, rubbing his aching arm.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So, did you like it? Double update :)(:
Please comment and subscribeheart

For future Jae fic:http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/92480/untitled-dbsk-jaejoong-tvxq