~The Lives of Others~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                        

Lay was sleeping soundly when someone knocked on his door.

He got up right away due to being a light sleeper. "Who is it?" he asked while rubbing his eyes, trying to get rid of the sleepiness.

"It's Suho, I thought you might want something to eat," Suho answered. "May I come in?" He asked politely.

"Sure," Lay replied still groggy from his sleep.

Suho walked in with a gentle smile.

Lay noticed he was carrying a tray that had a glass of water and a bowl with contents that smelled like heaven.

"What's that?" Lay asked, filled with curiosity at the heavenly smell.

"Crab stew and some water. Did I disturb your sleep?" Suho asked once he noticed Lay's tired state.

"Not at all. I don't think I should've slept anyway, it's too early in the day," Lay said.

"It's a beautiful day outside," Suho said while looking out the window.

It was Mid Spring time and the flowers in the front were in full bloom, bright colors were everywhere. 

"It sure is," Lay said while looking out the window as well.

After a few moments Suho placed the tray on Lay's nightstand and headed towards the door.

"I'll leave you to it then," Suho said as he shut the door.

"Stay," Lay muttered.

His voice was lost behind the wooden door, never reaching Suho's ears.

He's so peaceful, Suho thought as he walked down the hall.

They always leave, thought Lay as he continued to stare blank out the window, thoughts going astray, the tray of food long forgotten.
~~~ 

"Kyungsoo," Kai said.

"Yeah, is there something wrong?" Kyungsoo asked. 

Kai never calls Kyungsoo by his full name unless there's something wrong or Kai is upset. So Kyungsoo knew if he had any troubles just by his name.

"I've been thinking," Kai said.

"About what?" Kyungsoo ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter