~Salt~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Once everyone had taken a seat and settled in, the screen flickered to life revealing the same old silhouette.

"Good morning men, your next assignment is located on Jeju island. You will be investigating a missing man by the name Lim Jung Hwan, a business man who was last seen outside of the company parking lot." the boss began.

Kris shot Chen a look, the mission was in their future destination.

"He's a prime suspect for illegally transfering money from JUNG Co. to his own private offshore account, there were millions of dollers missing from the treasury last month." the boss explained as the FAX machine started to whir to life.

Lay got up and took the papers out, passing out one to each spy in the room. Printed on the paper was, a headshot of Lim Jung Hwan as well as facts about him and his family such as his housing, wife, children, past jobs, and education, etc.

"Sir, isn't this a job for the Private Investigators?" Xiumin asked.

"The CEO called upon us because they knew the press wouldn't know about the inside affairs of one of the most powerful companies in Korea if we took care of everything for them." the boss finished his mission talk and continued on to distination of their pickup. "I'll send a private jet to pick you up in 2 days at o400 hours. Also, your payments have been wired to your accounts. I expect your best work as usual and good luck." With those final words, the screen shut off.

"This is too easy, I expected something more challenging." Kai huffed and leaned back in his chair, spinning it around as he stared at the ceiling.

"Jongin's right, I thought he would have more in store for the 12 of us." Kyungsoo replied, looking over the paper.

"Do you think he has more exciting missions for us when we get there?" Tao asked.

"Probably not." Sehun mumbled.

Suho looked around, it seemed that everyone had lost the initial thrill of being on the brink of death 24/7. Sure, being a spy was hard but there were also the fun parts of protecting people from life threatening danger. Suho wanted to get everyone's spirits up, as the one and only leader he felt it was his duty. "I want to meet everyone downstairs in 5 minutes for intensive workouts. Understood?"

Everyone nodded as they chuckled as Suho's attempt to be serious. 

Xiumin tried to walk with Chen but he kept walking further and faster from him. "Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter