~Money is The Anthem~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As they scoured the area where the plane might have fallen, Kai was thinking of one thing only, wether of not Jinri was alive. He couldn't help but feel guilty if something had happened to her.

A few moments later Joonmyun yelled out "I think I found something!" And they all ran quickly to him.

As they got there they saw trails of the jet's parts laid around the forest floor, they followed the trail and closed in on the crash sight, finally being able to see the jet was a big relief.

Kai started to walk forward but Kyungsoo held him back with an outstretched arm "It's dangerous to go near crashed planes, there might be a fire and it can explode any second." He warned.

They all just stood there for a few moments watching as small fires burned, leaving crisp ashes behind. "I think it's alright, it's been approximately an hour and a half since we landed-or rather crashed-  so we can go search inside." Chen input. 

Luhan took a step forward, and right as he did a wing of the jet exploded with a loud BANG! Everyone ducked down and held their arms up in protection. 

"What the hell did I just tell you?!" Kyungsoo shouted. "We need to leave before this thing kills us all. Kai I'm sorry but I'm sure that girl is okay, for now we need to make sure that WE are safe. Let's go." Kyungsoo turned around and walked back in the direction of the city with everyone soon following behind. 

Kai staggered forward looking dispirited. But there was nothing he could do for now but hope that she was okay.

"Look over there! It's our supply box!" Tao pointed towards a big box, it was carrying all their bags full of clothes and weaponry.

Kris and Tao ran to it and carried it back to the team, opened it up and gave out the bags to their rightful owners. "I'm glad we found this, imagine if some hiker got to these bags and found all of our precious weapons." Baekhyun said.

"Me too, we don't need people looking into our personal belongings either." Suho agreed.

~~~ 

It had been 30 minutes since they started walking and Kai was still walking slowly behind the group. Kyungsoo noticed and walked back to him, walking at the same pace.

"I'm sorry I yelled, I was just worried about anyone getting hurt." He said.

Kai looked at him and smiled "I'm not upset, I know you were just looking out for us like usual. I just can't stop thinking about her." Kai explained.

Kyungsoo nodded in understanding.

They walked in silence for another hour or so until Kyungsoo spoke in a hushed tone, "My brother called me from prison." It was quiet but Kai heard it.

"What did he want?" Kai asked, his jaw clenched obviously angered by the situation.

"He said he's getting out soon and he's excited to see me." Kyungsoo replied, his eyes downcast on the ground, trying to watch his step as he talked. "I don't want to see him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter