~1 year anniversary~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chen woke up to light kisses flittering on his jawline, he hummed and turned to a wide awake Xiumin.

"Good morning to you too." Chen said groggily as he smiled tiredly.

Xiumin kissed his lips in return "Good morning babe."

"What's on our agenda today?" Chen asked.

"Shower, get ready, and go kick some ." Xiumin replied.

Chen chuckled and got up from bed, with Xiumin trailing behind him, they got ready for the eventful day ahead. 

~~~

Kris and Tao hadn't had a decent conversation in 2 weeks, ever since Tao had confessed his admiration towards the latter.

Kris was trying to get Tao to talk to him to no avail, due to Tao giving him the cold shoulder, and Kris had enough of it. Once he saw Tao come out of the bathroom that morning, he marched up to him and pulled him down on a chair in front of him.

"Why won't you talk to me?" Kris asked, a pleading look on his face.

"Kris-" 

"No more excuses! I need to know why my best friend won't talk to me." Kris begged.

"Kris please I-" Tao tried to intrude but Kris cut him off once again.

"I haven't done anything to you, have I?" Kris leaned forward and held grabbed Tao's hands. "So why Tao? Why won't you speak to me anymore?" Kris asked.

Tao looked at him speechlessly and tilted his head down to look at their intertwined hands, thinking how they had fit together so perfectly. He looked back up at Kris to say "I just need time to get over you, because.... you're a lot to get over." 

Kris looked down in shame, he felt horrible about lying to Tao about his feelings for him but he needed to, he couldn't have any distractions when he was so close to finding his mother. He couldn't worry about anyone or anything until everything from his past was settled there for good. "What do you mean I'm a lot to get over?" He asked.

Tao blushed and moved uncomfortably "Well, it's everything about you that I love. From your hair in the morning, how it's so adorably tousled everywhere because you toss around in bed a lot. To how you care about everyone around you deeply, even Chen who I know you would give your life for despite you arguing with him all of the time. So when I say you're a lot to get over, I mean it. Because it's not just those things I've noticed, it's also everything in between that I've grown to love aswell." Tao finished his speech and stood up to take his leave, "I just need time, Kris."

"I'll give you as long as you need." But please don't forget all about me.

~~~

Chen and Xiumin were waiting in the hotel lobby for everyone to come down from their own rooms so they can discuss the plans for their next mission.

Suho and Lay soon came down with Sehun and Kai behind them in what seemed to be a heated conversation.

"No way! Kyungsoo is totally cuter when he's sleeping." Kai said.

"Are you kidding?! Luhan looks like an angel, you sleep next to satansoo." Sehun retorted.

"Chen what do you think?" Kai asked.

"First of all, I think you need to watch who you're calling satansoo." Kyungsoo said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter