~Spy in Black~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai and Baekhyun were sitting in the back seat alone waiting for Kyungsoo and Chanyeol to come inside the car.

I should tell him now.... Kai quickly glanced at Baekhyun.

I've been putting it off for too long. Kai kept glancing at him, thinking that Baekhyun wouldn't notice.

I didn't want to hurt him even more after his mom died, Kai thought.

Baekhyun whipped his head around to look at Kai "What's wrong with you, why do you keep staring?" he asked.

"Huh?" Kai looked at him with a shocked expression He saw me staring?!

"Spit it out already, what do you need?" Baekhyun asked.

Kai looked down and whispered "Nothing..."

Baekhyun sighed "I didn't mean to snap, I'm just under a lot of pressure because of this stupid document." Baekhyun looked at Kai patted him on the back.

"Well, I need to talk to you about the day your mom was... killed." Kai said, he looked up to Baekhyun to see his reaction.

Baekhyun nodded and leaned back in the car seat.

"When Tao and I went in to get you and Kibum, I saw her dying. She was laying there bleeding out and when I went to pick you up, she told me to tell you that..." Kai stopped and took a deep breath "She told me that you have to take over the company and that you can do whatever you want with it." Kai finished.

Baekhyun smiled and nodded "That makes signing the contract a lot easier." he sighed.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier." Kai said.

"That's alright. I knew she was going to say something like that as her dying wish." Baekhyun laughed dryly. "Did... Did she say anything about..." Baekhyun cut himself off "Nevermind."

Kai knew what Baekhyun was about to say. Baekhyun just wanted to hear an 'I love you' from his mother before she passed but even that wish was unfulfilled. "No Baek, I'm sorry." Kai replied.

Baekhyun looked as if he was on the verge of tears but stopped himself when Kyungsoo and Chanyeol finally entered the car.

Kyungsoo sat next to Kai and Baekhyun moved to the front to sit with Chanyeol.

"Chen said the document was at the Black Shadow headquarters on the 15th floor. It's in your mother's old office." Chanyeol said, he glanced at Baekhyun and held his hand upon seeing the glassy look in his eyes.

"Let's go." Kyungsoo said.

Chanyeol started the engine and soon they were on their way.

~~~

Baekhyun stepped out of the car once they had arrived and stood in front of the building, peering up at the glass exterior. But he knew that the inside held so much more evil than the outside world could handle, and he needed to stop it before it could make its way out.

He walked towards the door and stood in front of the key pad and pressed the code in.

5-6-9-2

Baekhyun's birth date, May 6th 1992. His mother kept a memoir of him anywhere she could.

The door slid open and Baekhyun stepped inside.

As soon as he walked forward, all heads whipped to look at him walk in.

Baekhyun ignored all the whispers about him 'Finally coming back.'

Baehyun stepped inside the elevator and pressed the highest floor button, floor 15.

Before the doors could close, an old man ran in and looked at Baekhyun with wide eyes. 

"It's really you." The man said under his breath.

Baekhyun turned to him "Who are you?"

The man looked shocked "You don't remember?" he asked.

Baekhyun could see the hurt expression on the old man's face and looked him over once. "If I would have remembered, I wouldn't have asked." Baekhyun replied.

The man cleared his throat and stood up a little taller "I'm your mother's assisstant. I used to take care of you whenever she was busy." he replied.

Baekhyun couldn't believe it, the man who had taken care of him when he was a kid he had completely forgot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter