~Zero Degree~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Kris I have some news," Kris's father stood tall in front of his 15 year old son who was sitting in his room diligently working on his schoolwork.

Kris stood up to greet his father properly and smiled "Yes father?"

"I have some bad news about your mother." Kris noticed his father clench almost every muscle in his body as he looked to the floor.

Kris was worried as he watched his father take deep breaths before finally looking up to finally meet his son's eyes. "She's gone Kris, forever."

Kris's eyes widened in shock, he didn't need furthur explaination to know what his father was talking about. His whole world had felt like it crashed and burned in a matter of seconds, he dropped to his hands and knees, burning tears streamed down his cheeks. His father quickly ran to him and wrapped his arms warmly around his grieving son.

"It's going to be okay Kris, everything is going to be alright."

~~~

"Is this some sort of sick joke you're playing on us?" Kris asked, a sense of urgency in his voice. He didn't need his feelings to be played with especially about the fragile subject of his mother.

Suho shook his head frantically "No way, we wouldn't do that to you. We just wanted you to finally close this chapter in your life so you can move on." he explained.

Chen took a step towards the building, his eyes scanning it as he took in the information. "I say we go in." he concluded.

"I don't know about this." Kris stepped back and shook his head. Suddenly he felt a warm hand wrap around his own and he immedietly knew who the hand belonged to.

"It's gonna be okay." Tao reassured with a smile and a squeeze of his hand.

Kris nodded slowly as he was still a bit unsure but looked to Chen and they stepped forward in unison towards the house, ready to open new doors for their future and close the old.

~~~

Kai looked back at Kyungsoo after Kris and Chen went into the building. 

"I know of a great place with hot airballoon rides, do you want to go with me?" Kai asked.

Kyungsoo looked reluctant at first but eventually nodded. "Where is it?"

"Down the street, approximately a 10 minute walk." Kai replied excitedly before grabbing Kyungsoo's hand and practically running down the street earning questioning looks from the rest of the guys.

It took half the time to get there since Kai was practically running with Kyungsoo following behind.

"Kai, what the everliving is wrong with you?! Why did you make me run here?" Kyungsoo collapsed onto the floor in front of the hot air balloon renting center.

"Sorry, I'm just really excited." Kai rubbed his neck nervously. He planned this not too long ago with Luhan and was very excited to go through with it, but when it came down to it Kai was nervous. He wanted everything to go perfectly with Kyungsoo, he would confess his undying love now or never.

Kyungsoo held out his hand once he had caught his breath and got pulled up by Kai. They both went inside and the worker told them their balloon would be ready in about 20 minutes so Kai had the brilliant idea of going to the ice cream parlor next door.

"Why did you want to come here so badly?" Kyungsoo asked as he his chocolate ice cream.

Kai couldn't answer for he was enthralled by the way Kyungsoo was the ice cream so unknowingly seductive.

Kyungsoo snapped a finger in front of Kai's face "Where did your mind go just now?" he asked with a chuckle.

Kai's eyes widened, he smiled shyly and continued to eat his ice cream in silence.

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Yeah I just have a lot on my mind as of lately." Kai replied.

"Like...?" Kyungsoo trailed off.

"You." Kai replied.

"Me?" Kyungsoo asked as he pointed at himself. "What did I do?"

Kai smiled and stood up as he glanced at his watch. "We should probably go now."

Kyungsoo nodded but couldn't stop thinking of what Kai had said, what had he done to Kai to make him go into such deep thoughts?

They made their way over to the hot air balloon and got inside, the instructor told them what to do in case of an emergency and what not to do while in the balloon and finally sent them off.

As they rose up in the balloon, Kyungsoo had his hands against the side as he watched the city below them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter