~Casablanca~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan woke up in a dark room, cuffed to the chair he was sitting on.

He couldn't remember what had happened after appologizing to Sehun in the house. He shook his head, trying to wake himself. The heachache had subsided but he felt a slight pain in his neck.

Luhan looked around the room, taking in his surroundings. He saw a small window on the wall to his right and a door directly in front of him, he couldn't identify anything else in the darkness.

He shook his hands around and tried to slip out of the cuffs, but they had been put on too tightly. He started feeling around the chair for anything that could help him with the cuffs.

Luhan slid his hand across a sharp object sticking out of the chair causing him to get a cut, he hissed in pain and retracted his hands. 

Wait, I can use that. he thought.

Luhan searched around the chair again and felt it. It was a sharp nail, he started to unscrew it, cutting his finger tips on the sharp edges. 

Once he finally got it out, he used one hand to try unlocking the cuffs. He stuggled for what felt like hours, but eventually got it to click open and one of his hands was free.

He brought his now free hand around in front of himself and unlocked the other hand. He massaged his sore wrists and stood up to leave the room, tripping over his tied legs.

Great. he thought. 

~~~

Tao and Kris were standing outside of the police station, waiting for the other officers to join them.

The atmosphere had gotten quite awkward since Tao's confession. It was hard on both of them, Kris did not know how to deal with it and Tao regretted every minute of it.

Tao still loved Kris very deeply, he knew the feelings would still linger even if he tried getting over it. The best he could do at the moment was try to forget the pain the night before of having to sleep next to someone who did not love you back.

Kris had noticed the impact it had on Tao, he noticed how before they had breakfast Tao had smoked at least 5 cigarettes. He couldn't say or do anything about it, thinking that if he would get too close to him, Tao would lash out. Not that he was scared, he could handle it but seeing Tao hurt himself intentionaly was worse than anything he had seen before, and it didn't feel good either.

Kris wanted to say something to cut through the thick silence, anything. 

Until his phone rang and he had an excuse not to say anything. He checked the caller I.D and answered.

"Sir?" Kris answered as he took a glance at Tao.

"Kris, I need to inform you of a change we are making to your team leaders." The Boss said.

"What will that be sir?" Kris wanted the man to get to the point already, seeing as he was doing something more important. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter