~Mind over Matter~

Cynical Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chaotic atmosphere enveloped the boys as they rushed into the hospital while they followed the gurney with the 2 wounded adults. 

They were kindly escorted them to the empty waiting room to wait while Chen and Kris' mother went into surgery. A policeman had come by soon after to take their statements and only left them alone when Suho had shown him a government badge along with a short and simple explaination.

Suho had been fuming with rage the entire ride to the hospital and hadn't calmed down since. He stood there pacing back and forth in front of the other boys until Xiumin spoke up.

"Suho, please sit down, you're pacing is making me anxious." he said as he held Suho by the hand and led him to a chair nearby.

"I cannot calm down! How could you two have acted so recklessly?!" he hissed quietly towards Chen and Kris who were both staring blankly at the wall in front of them.

They hadn't spoken a word since the other's had burst into the room asking what had happened. They were utterly shocked by what they had witnessed and done. 

Lay got up and stood in front of Suho, he took his hands and said "I'm gonna need you to calm down, what ever happened in that house, Chen and Kris must have an explaination for. We have been trained not to act recklessly so i'm sure they have a reasonable explaination." 

But Lay's words were lost to Suho's ears, he was much too angry to listen to reason at this point. "I can't even look at you right now," Suho angrily spoke and walked out of the room with Lay following close behind.

"Mind explaining what happened?" Sehun asked as he leaned forward to see Chen and Kris, who were now sporting looks of disapointment, mostly at themselves.

"He came in from the back door and started throwing accusations of her cheating on him. Next thing I know he's pulling out a gun and aiming at her." Kris replied quietly.

Chen looked down at his bloody hands with sorrow and added "I jumped up and stabbed him with my dagger as soon as I heard his voice, I was just afraid he would hurt her! I wasn't going to let my mother die again after all the pain I went through when she passed the first time."

Xiumin pulled Chen closer to him and hugged him for a moment before helping him up to wash the blood off of his hands.

"I know you thought you were doing the best thing at the moment, but your actions will definitly come with consequences. It could even go as far as the company suspending you from the line of duty for a few months." Sehun stated.

Luhan smacked the back of his head "Is this really what you think they need to be hearing right now?!" he hissed.

"No, Sehun is right, you two need to fix this right away. You better hope that they survive the incident or you'll have an even bigger problem on your hands." Chanyeol stated.

"What could be an even bigger problem than this?" Chen asked exasperatly.

"The lost lives of the innocent weighing you down," Tao replied.

The room fell into silence once again as they all contemplated Tao's words.

~~~

The doctor came into the waiting room 2 hours later with the results, "Thankfully, the wounds were able to be fixed and both of the patients will be fine. We just need to keep them under observation for the next 48 hours to moniter their vitals and such."

Everyone let out a breath of relief and went on to thank the doctor for his hard work.

Soon after the doctor left, Suho came back into the room with Lay and sat down in front of everyone calmly. What ever Lay had done, had worked because Suho was not as worked up as he was before.

"It's come to my attention that both parents will be fine for now. I hope you two are satisfied with meeting your mother after so long because that's the last time you will see or hear from her in a very long time. You'v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter